Books on exercise

ritampatra

Awards
I am a beginner :D...So ,I need to proceed step by step
Please suggest me some books that will help me to understand the mechanism behind weight loss and the exercise I must follow step by step
I hear about the book "
The Men's Health Hard Body Plan: The Ultimate 12-Week Program for Burning Fat and Building Muscle by Men's Health, Larry Keller " and "
The Men's Health Big Book Of Exercises by Adam Campbell " ......Is these books right for a beginner...If not please sugest me any other of your preferance :D......Thank uuuu

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
2 books.
Paleo solution-Robb Wolf
Starting strength-mark rippitoe

ritampatra

Awards
Thank u very much for the names ....Can I download the e version of this book from anywhere ????...I need to read it first a bit before buying it

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Can't post how I got it due to forums rules...google "free" and title Of book And author

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
2 books.
Paleo solution-Robb Wolf
Starting strength-mark rippitoe
Starting strength! excellent book for how to train with barbells. Essential for beginners, useful for intermediate lifters

ritampatra

Awards
Ok....After reading a bit of the e-book version of these books ...I think Paleo solution is what I need and starting strenght is like for those who want to have muscles and like that .....I think I will need it later but Plaeo solution is really helpful :D.........

Any other suggestions ???!!!!....

ritampatra

Awards
I have also read the book called
100 Best Weight-Loss Tips by Fred A. M. D Stutman and this book is also very useful :D....

SupremeMMA

Awards
The Naked Warrior and Power to the People - Pavel Tsatsouline

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I have many books both pdf and hard copies. what are you looking for? the science behind it, technique, or routines?

Excellent Reads:
Brawn
Beyond Brawn
Get Puffed 1 (there are 3 but I only have two. second one didn't contain much info mostly routines)
Practical Programming for Strengh Training

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I found a package of 150 odd BBing books.
Plus all paleo stuff too

ritampatra

Awards
Actually ,I am not that much interested in body building ...u know
I am a bit heavy weight and fat ....so I just want to come back in shape (I don't want muscles) ....I just want o know the science behind it and the perfect routine that I should follow to get back into shape

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Actually ,I am not that much interested in body building ...u know
I am a bit heavy weight and fat ....so I just want to come back in shape (I don't want muscles) ....I just want o know the science behind it and the perfect routine that I should follow to get back into shape
There is no perfect routine!!!! Pick something and do it.
U don't like it after 4wks, change it

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Samurai diet.,, dont let the name of the book deter you from reading it

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
Honestly I would consider an Atkins book. I know those are probably unpopular around here, due to the "you don't have to exercise" message of most Atkins plans, but the fact is most Atkins books are written by medical researchers and Doctors, and do a great job of conveying the message that HFCS is poison, simple carbs are evil, and carbs in general are typically over-utilized. Bodybuilders and fitness professionals have been using low carb diets for cutting since who knows when, and Atkins is just a "we have proof that this works" message in support of those activities.

some get pretty scientific with lots of references, and are free of the bro-science that you will find in many diet books written by fitness professionals. You said you are looking for science behind what you read, I'm fairly certain there is more science behind low-carb than any other diet. oh ya, and it really works too, especially coupled with a weight training / cardio routine

Christopher89

Awards
thanks for sharing the links. I was looking for some books in Spanish coz my wife is from Spain and she wants it.
I'll be thankful to you if you share the links. regards