macronutrient ratios

B

bfriedman1017

Awards
What percent macros do you use for bulking and cutting

R

Roniboney

Awards
totally individual ratio's for everyone.Trial and error is the only way to find that out

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
totally individual ratio's for everyone.Trial and error is the only way to find that out
Everyone's varies depending on weight/height/age...Get a baseline of what your daily maintenance macros are and add or subtract until you starting hitting your goals. There isn't a set number for anyone that works, you just have to find what your body needs to achieve the goals your looking for.

B

bfriedman1017

Awards
Ive been doing about 22 fats 45 carbs 37 protein doing a lean nody recomp

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein stays pretty similar across the board. Anywhere from 1 to 1.25 g/lb of bodyweight.

The rest of the calories depends on the individual. Trial and error of course is one way. With my clients I do a quasi metabolic typing to estimate whether they are fast vs. slow oxidizers (inefficient vs. efficient metabolic phenotypes). From there, the majority of calories will then either be CHO or Fats, respectively.

Br

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i respond better to higher carbs, mod fat and mod pro...PLEASE keep in mind that carbs and fat are equally important as protein...typically you can get away with less pro during a bulk, most people respond to low carb, high fat and pro during a cut...

B

bfriedman1017

Awards
Thanks I would deff like to hear peoples ratios

R

Roniboney

Awards
450 carbs,350 protein, 144 fats .Thereabout thats where I'm at now.I increase kcal from fats when I need to keep gaining weight.When I'm cutting I scale back the fats until the total from fats I've scaled back is about 500kcal.Then I begin to scale back carbs until I've deducted 500kcal (125g worth of carbs).After that I begin to reduce protein the same way but until 250kcal is lost so about 65g of protein.If I need to reduce it more it definately comes from carbs but the lowest I'll go when cutting on my carb macro's is 250g.It works really well for energy and hormone levels.

I'd definately suggest it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
With my clients I do a quasi metabolic typing to estimate whether they are fast vs. slow oxidizers (inefficient vs. efficient metabolic phenotypes). From there, the majority of calories will then either be CHO or Fats, respectively.

Br
How do you do this testing/typing? Very curious about it. Is there a faster way than trial and error?

I found this link with some good info. Not sure why I haven't heard of this before now but it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.funkfitness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90:metabolic-typing-slow-oxidizers-fast-oxidizers&catid=24:blog&Itemid=95

From just looking at the chart in that link, I seem to be a slow-oxidizer. But speaking from experience, I feel much better on a diet high in protein and fats.

edit: I take that back. After reading more, I'd say I'm personally a balanced oxidizer. But I still prefer the diet that's created for the fast-oxidizer.