Carbs, Fats? Feel like **** ...

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
So I've posted my diet before but I'll sum it up quick and with that add questions that will not only help me but a few ppl out there because I get asked questions like these a lot ...

Ok so my diet is 40/40/20 (Carb/Pro/Fat)
3,500 Cals and I'm bulking yes ...

Now this last few days ... I've been feeling like ****, never felt so disgusted and wanted to puke so bad, my farts stink like old eggs, melted cheese nd horse poop XD ... My thing is at the gym ... Im feeling like I still have my PreW shake still digesting by the time I'm done working out ... Now I never had a problem with these before I've been doing this numbers for weeks now and I'm starting to feel like that now

Thoughts were ... Maybe I reached my glycogen storage? I have always done low carb low fat diets for that beach body look

So that's the first part? I switched to more carbs in the morning and the PreW shake an hour before the gym, making it 3 hours before my PostW shake

Also, has anyone ever tried a High Fat Diet?
Like the Anabolic Diet? U know
60/40/0 (Fats/Pro/Carb) no more than 20 grams of carb a day
And then weekends u go on a carb spree

I did one a while back, got hugeeeeeee!!! But was retaining water and gaining fat ... Think it had to do cuz I was pounding beer and pizza on the weekends while playing COD lol

Anyways sorry for the bible, any thoughts or comments are welcome

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I commented on your other thread and just happened to see this one.. I personally have no experience with low carb but based on your statement of the gas issue it sounds like you might have too much protein that is usually what causes that... but more people need to chime in here for sure thats all I can think of

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
I commented on your other thread and just happened to see this one.. I personally have no experience with low carb but based on your statement of the gas issue it sounds like you might have too much protein that is usually what causes that... but more people need to chime in here for sure thats all I can think of
Thought of that, then again I have always been on a high protein diet .... Wether carbs were high or low, protein was and has always been high ... Like I said I took one scoop off protein in the PreW and put It in breakfast ... I'll let u know tomorrow night if this helped out

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
Now I never had a problem with these before I've been doing this numbers for weeks now and I'm starting to feel like that now
since you have been eating like this for weeks, but only recently starting feeling badly, its quite possible your body has become sensitized to the foods you are eating. If you eat much of the same thing every single day, the digestive tract can become irritated by it. Ya, there are some people who eat chicken and broccoli every day for years and are happy, but clearly they are the lucky ones... A digestive tract developing a sensitivity can result in a myriad of symptoms, among them are bloated feeling, nausea, gas, etc. This sounds like what might be happening to you, so maybe try switching out the foods in your diet with some different ones of similar macronutrient profiles, and see if this helps.

did you happen to have switched protein powders? some of them contain a lot of lactose and other stuff that can sit poorly in your gut, which bothers some people but not others.

anyways, in short, it sounds more like a shift in the operation of your digestive system than poor nutrient timing, so good luck with the moving carbs to the morning and an earlier PWO shake, but if it doesnt work try some new foods

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
since you have been eating like this for weeks, but only recently starting feeling badly, its quite possible your body has become sensitized to the foods you are eating. If you eat much of the same thing every single day, the digestive tract can become irritated by it. Ya, there are some people who eat chicken and broccoli every day for years and are happy, but clearly they are the lucky ones... A digestive tract developing a sensitivity can result in a myriad of symptoms, among them are bloated feeling, nausea, gas, etc. This sounds like what might be happening to you, so maybe try switching out the foods in your diet with some different ones of similar macronutrient profiles, and see if this helps.

did you happen to have switched protein powders? some of them contain a lot of lactose and other stuff that can sit poorly in your gut, which bothers some people but not others.

anyways, in short, it sounds more like a shift in the operation of your digestive system than poor nutrient timing, so good luck with the moving carbs to the morning and an earlier PWO shake, but if it doesnt work try some new foods
Problems with ur diet?
Why not Zoidberg?

Lol I completely changed everything bro ... I'm into Intermittent Fasting diet now and has helped me out a lot more in that aspect ... I eat bigger loads of foods and they all revolve around my workout and my body seems to have adjusted to it a whole lot better

Kept numbers at the same levels except I kind of don't drink the protein I was using ... Unless I really really need to ...

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
Lol I completely changed everything bro ... I'm into Intermittent Fasting diet now and has helped me out a lot more in that aspect ... I eat bigger loads of foods and they all revolve around my workout and my body seems to have adjusted to it a whole lot better
Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. In the OP you said you were bulking 3500 cal/day. but this last post says you are currently using IF? are you doing a bulk with IF? I have heard of this, but have no experience with it, so I can't offer any insight there.

Its good you have tried different diets, all I mean was that rather than alternating eating times and meal sizes, change what the foods are. i.e., if you usually eat chicken breast, try tilapia or salmon. if your vegetable is usually green beans, try broccoli, etc. just trying to make sure your meals are "diverse" enough... maybe this is what you meant when you said you changed everything, and if so, did it help?

are you still having the problems listed in the OP on the IF diet?

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. In the OP you said you were bulking 3500 cal/day. but this last post says you are currently using IF? are you doing a bulk with IF? I have heard of this, but have no experience with it, so I can't offer any insight there.

Its good you have tried different diets, all I mean was that rather than alternating eating times and meal sizes, change what the foods are. i.e., if you usually eat chicken breast, try tilapia or salmon. if your vegetable is usually green beans, try broccoli, etc. just trying to make sure your meals are "diverse" enough... maybe this is what you meant when you said you changed everything, and if so, did it help?

are you still having the problems listed in the OP on the IF diet?
I was doing just recomp and actually started cutting yesterday (on IF both things)
Recomp is like Maint ... WorkOut days u eat +20%(high carb) and rest days -20%(high fat)

U may see this interesting but I didn't change many of the foods, I need the simplicity and while I have done thousands of diets over the ears, if I don't eat chicken and broccoli for 2 days I feel ****ty hahaha ... I did add new food so that could have helped and the fact of not needing so much powder protein has as well ...

So I can tell you that I do not suffer the same consequences but instead other ones, of course my body is still getting used to this diet ... I've done 8 meals a day since the beginning of history but I can tell u my body is liking the change ...

I recomend it, if u ever wanted to try it ... **** even T-Nation posted this morning an article to get ppl to start moving away from the small meals 1,000 times a day myth ... It has worked for me, but I got a feeling I'm getting a handier cutting edge with this ... Not only I enjoy my food, I'm less hungry (during the day) a lot more energy and I look better already ....

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
I recomend it, if u ever wanted to try it ... **** even T-Nation posted this morning an article to get ppl to start moving away from the small meals 1,000 times a day myth ... It has worked for me, but I got a feeling I'm getting a handier cutting edge with this ... Not only I enjoy my food, I'm less hungry (during the day) a lot more energy and I look better already ....
thanks for clarifying, makes more sense now. I am considering changing something up in my own cutting routine, My cut was going great till I hit 189, and then it was a brick wall. sounds like you are really enjoying the IF, but I don't know if I am brave enough to try it! haha

what IF protocol are you following? (i.e. how long / how often are your fasting periods?)

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
thanks for clarifying, makes more sense now. I am considering changing something up in my own cutting routine, My cut was going great till I hit 189, and then it was a brick wall. sounds like you are really enjoying the IF, but I don't know if I am brave enough to try it! haha

what IF protocol are you following? (i.e. how long / how often are your fasting periods?)
Yeah I was scared ****less going into it ... It took me a long time to thing through it and I finally gave in, funny cuz I was talking with somebody about how if u want something u never had u have to do something u never done ... And my own speech to someone else had me thinking

Im following leangains ... 16 hra Fast, 8 hrs Feast ... I do as I go and I love that about it ... I keep BCAAs on my car just in case I get a Wild hair up my ass and have extra t