Vegge juicing anyone?

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
I Recently watched a documentary on someone who fasted and drank veggie juice for 60 days and had tremendous health benefits. I would never think of doing this extreme fast. However, I have a juicer that had been packed away for years. I was thinking of taking my veggies in the form of juice from now on. Raw and loaded with all the natural nutrients. Anyone try this?

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Yea. More and more people are eating crappy foods these days. I have watched some of those documentaries and i am starting to add more fruits and veggies into my diet. Im reducing the popcorn and ice cream at nights. I am just 0verall cleaning up my diet and lifestyle. So yes, i think its worth it, but for weightlifting and performance, i don't think doing it solo is good simply because its not enough protein.

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
Yea. More and more people are eating crappy foods these days. I have watched some of those documentaries and i am starting to add more fruits and veggies into my diet. Im reducing the popcorn and ice cream at nights. I am just 0verall cleaning up my diet and lifestyle. So yes, i think its worth it, but for weightlifting and performance, i don't think doing it solo is good simply because its not enough protein.
Right, I am just adding it to my current program. Def, feels good!

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Right, I am just adding it to my current program. Def, feels good!
hell yea bro! Its always good to have one of these. Its kind of expensive though if you want to have a lot of them. You kind of have to cut out all junk food. If you do that and replace it with these, you will feel amazing!

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
Ya , I haven't had a chip in 6 weeks! When Diet is in check this is a great addition, just gotta make up for fiber.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Ya , I haven't had a chip in 6 weeks! When Diet is in check this is a great addition, just gotta make up for fiber.
A healthier lifestyle is always hard to do in the beginning. Once you get use to getting away from the junk, you start feeling amazing and you no longer get that nasty crave for all that junk! nice

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
A healthier lifestyle is always hard to do in the beginning. Once you get use to getting away from the junk, you start feeling amazing and you no longer get that nasty crave for all that junk! nice
Bro, I had a few strawberries and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter the other day before the gym. I felt like I was at an ice cream shop having a banana split with all the toppings!

christine123

christine123

Banned
Awards
I Recently watched a documentary on someone who fasted and drank veggie juice for 60 days and had tremendous health benefits. I would never think of doing this extreme fast. However, I have a juicer that had been packed away for years. I was thinking of taking my veggies in the form of juice from now on. Raw and loaded with all the natural nutrients. Anyone try this?
yeah.. I know a very effective drink, it is called green smoothie.. it can help to weight loss

here is one good recipe
1 large apple, cored and sliced

1 large stalk of celery

½ cup kale, chopped

½ cup fresh cilantro

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

½ tablespoon ginger

8-10 ounces water

Blend until smooth

ENJOY! :)

http://www.greensmoothierecipesforweightloss.com/

MateuszMoore

Awards
Hi there , Thanks for the post. Yes this one is a healthier way to enjoy a vegie.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
I just watched the movie too yesterday. Be glad youre not in a boat where you need to lose hundreds of pounds ASAP just to not die. But yeah, the movie definitely made me think about adding more fruits/veggies to my diet...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this reminds me, I have a nice Breville juicer I can drop a whole apple into the chute. Used to use it, haven't plugged it in for at least 4 years now.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I used to make a couple glasses of juice first thing in the morning and then I would drink one right then, and save the other two for throughout the day between meals.
After about a week I cut out my pre workout drinks and I had more energy than ever after adding the juice.

christine123

christine123

Banned
Awards
the veggie juice are beneficial.. continue drinking but make sure to make a rotation of the veggies for everyday :)

green smoothie recipes

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
I used to make a couple glasses of juice first thing in the morning and then I would drink one right then, and save the other two for throughout the day between meals.
After about a week I cut out my pre workout drinks and I had more energy than ever after adding the juice.
I've read that due to the break down of the enzymes and such. They start degenerating almost instantly. So, it would have to be ingested right away to reap all the benefits.

juicemix

Awards
Re: benefits of juicing

hey there, ive done it several times and it really makes me feel good.
Happy juicing!

Aaronbaron

Awards
I've read that due to the break down of the enzymes and such. They start degenerating almost instantly. So, it would have to be ingested right away to reap all the benefits.
True, they do lose most of their health benefits after sitting for about an hour, but starting the say off right with a fresh one is such a better boost than a cup of Starbucks!