Should I or Shouldn't I Drink Water with my Meals?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it better to drink water with my meals or after my meals? Ive been doing a lot of research on this and like always theres two sides to every story. Some people believe that drinking water while eating dilutes the acids in your stomach which prevents from complete digestion while others say it increases metabolism enhancing digestion

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
but dehydration is soooo much fun!

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hope this doesn't keep you up at night.
Hahahaha!!!

To the OP.. It really doesn't make that much of a difference. Water is isotonic, meaning it's not going to do something like affect how your food is digested or the rate at which it's emptied from the stomach. I've seen this question before.

Posts like this one remind me of one I saw once where a guy was contemplating the benefits of wearing socks at night which would supposedly increase blood flow thus increasing growth hormone... Yeah!!! How'd I win the Mr. O? Socks!!!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
of course you should! Water is key, have to get in a gallon or two a day!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't know that there has ever been anything proven one way or another. However if your drinking a gallon or more a day you are probably drinking it before and after your meals. Heck just for giggles drink 8 oz before your meals and 8 oz after and you will be covered.