Post workout question

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?
Here is a simple break down.

After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, don't eat sour patch kids.

A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
No, don't eat sour patch kids.

A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.
Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha I said a lot of people use waxy maize. I never said I did.. But it's undoubtedly popular.

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it
Its is man. That's perfect. I'd have donut also with a ha.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not just eat a meal? Look at the pros and you'll notice that they always focus on foods and maybe a protein shake.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?
This is good. Keep doing this

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've done straight dextrose before, about 50g post-workout. With whey protein. Had pretty good results doing that.

I've done only whey protein and have had good results. (I eat a high carb meal 45min-1hr hlater).

Eberly

Banned
Awards
Here is a simple break down.

After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.
I havent tried that. Are they pretty reasonable?

Eberly

Banned
Awards
Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!
Yes, I agree with you completely.