Post workout question

  1. Post workout question


    K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    K so I know right after a workout you want quick protein so I do two scoops of protein now I heard you don't want fat and you want simple carbs? So how soon after my protein shake should I eat simple carbs?
    Here is a simple break down.

    After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

    Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

    Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.

  3. Sour patch kids work?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Sour patch kids work?
    Oh yea!!! Just make sure its sugar n not corn syrup carbs.

  5. No, don't eat sour patch kids.

    A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

    Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    No, don't eat sour patch kids.

    A lot of people like a waxy maize/dextrose blend. You can buy them in powder form and just mix them into a drink.

    Or you can just use straight dextrose. I've done that before and got good results. But I've done just protein post-workout and gotten good results.
    Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

    So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

    As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!

  7. I don't agree with these dudes all the time but this video is great

    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...vLmb5jeI&gl=US

  8. Haha I said a lot of people use waxy maize. I never said I did.. But it's undoubtedly popular.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    Haha I said a lot of people use waxy maize. I never said I did.. But it's undoubtedly popular.
    Lol.. My bad broski

  10. How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it

  11. Quote Originally Posted by dactyl
    How bout Pepsi throwback with natural sugar instead of corn syrup, awhile back I tried to convince my self it was a good post workout treat, then again if you do have to have any sugar in your diet its the best time to get away with it
    Its is man. That's perfect. I'd have donut also with a ha.

  12. Thought you didn't want fat right after you lift
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Thought you didn't want fat right after you lift
    Its not that big a deal. They are mostly simple carbs but your right for optimal results just stick with simple carbs..

  14. How about mixing some gatorade up?

  15. Why not just eat a meal? Look at the pros and you'll notice that they always focus on foods and maybe a protein shake.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo
    I always have a dextrose and whey protein shake immediately following my workout and then have a solid meal about an hour later. What is the downside of having my carbs and protein together after my workout?
    This is good. Keep doing this

  18. I've done straight dextrose before, about 50g post-workout. With whey protein. Had pretty good results doing that.

    I've done only whey protein and have had good results. (I eat a high carb meal 45min-1hr hlater).

  19. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Here is a simple break down.

    After workout eat a tastycake or candy coolaid what ever. If you take any supps like creatine bcaas or glutamine have with your carbs.

    Then wait 20-30 min then have your protein.

    Then hour later you should have your post workout meal. Something like 1 large yam, 6 oz lean beef,1/2 cup rice, veggies.
    I havent tried that. Are they pretty reasonable?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Waxy ble ble blah.blah its all an industry trick to get people like us to buy another supplement that we don't need.

    So it absorbes a lil faster ...LOL. so what! ! That doesn't make any diff that has been shown in muscle growth. If any one is that concerned about the muscle window which is even debatable as to how long it last then he/she should be Carbing up intra workout with any simple Carb. Like I said before..why do people buy this waxy maize crap.. because it absorbs a lil faster ... and that gives you better results how?? I mean if you got extra dough n u feel it works better n thats what u wanna spend your money on sure go for it. It can't hurt.

    As long as its a simple Carb n you Enjoy it go for it!
    Yes, I agree with you completely.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ISU152
    How about mixing some gatorade up?
    Im not a fan if Gatorade because its high fructose corn syrup.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Im not a fan if Gatorade because its high fructose corn syrup.
    The powder isn't.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    The powder isn't.
    Word
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Question about post workout carbs.
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Question about post workout carbs
    By Sweekaters in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 06:02 PM
  3. Pre workout and Post workout Shake Question?
    By ali11atc in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 03:02 PM
  4. post workout potien question
    By jvb20 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
  5. post workout potien question
    By jvb20 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Log in
Log in