Honey

B

butrybench555

Awards
What does honey do? Energy? What's it help?

M

montesj88

Awards
I was bull****tin with one of my buddies whose been personal training for some time now and he recommended to me that 30 mins before cardio take in like 1/4-1/2 cup of oats(cant remember the exact measurement and then right before i begin cardio take about a teaspoon of honey. He said it would spike energy and then give your a refreshed feeling after the cardio has been completed.....idk if this is legit or not but i am going to try it one of these days when im only doin a cardio day.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Some people respond well to it backstage with rice cakes. Although honey is all sugar, its relatively low GI. It can very well be a natural energy source.

Don't keep it around very young children. Clostridium and newborns dont mix.

M

montesj88

Awards
Some people respond well to it backstage with rice cakes. Although honey is all sugar, its relatively low GI. It can very well be a natural energy source.

- Can you explain that further please?

R

Roniboney

Awards
He means in regards to some people getting fuller before stepping onstage.Everyone reacts differently to different carb loads and he meant that some people get fuller and stay hard while eating honey and rice cakes. A friend of mine who compete will not agree with this as its a white potatoe that fills him up .

Food for though eh :)

M

montesj88

Awards
got it...thanks. Never looked into competition/preperation.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
i use a few table spoons when i feel like im gettin a cold/flu my old kung fu teacher back in day used to swear by it, weather it works or not, who cares!! lol i love honey :D and have it all the time..

As far as keeping it away from babies, mum n dad used to give it to me on my dummy 24/7, but they breed us tough here in Australia lol

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the tablespoon before working out thing. Helped when I was working out first thing in the morning.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I put some in my oatmeal in the morning. Tastes good man. I have also heard from numerous people that eating local honey helps with allergies...is there any truth to that or are the honey-vendors just making stuff up?

S

steppinRazor

Awards
A lil honey with my Greek yogurt..topped with granola. Best.snack.ever.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

- Can you explain that further please?
Dont ask me the science of it, I never researched it. All I know is that prior to pumping up for prejudging ive seen guys and girls use honey on rice cakes maybe 15m to. I havent tried it.

Last edited:
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
As far as keeping it away from babies, mum n dad used to give it to me on my dummy 24/7, but they breed us tough here in Australia lol
I guess so. Well, if my son would get as big as you ill spoon feed him honey!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
If you can get local honey. It helps with allergies since the bees would be using local flowers. I will try honey preworkout, I lime honey but haven't been taking it because I tend to forget about it

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I tell you what whenever I have a cold Raw honey and herbal tea is the way to go. I also like to put honey on my frozen fruit and put it in the refridgerator to thaw and its a pretty tasty treat.