Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
Coconut milk isn't converted from oil. It will still contain MCTs but a lesser amount and will have sugars likely added.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

jared767

Awards
Coconut cream comes from the coconut meat after mixing it with water and pressed. Therefore, it retains all the nutrients that coconuts provide such as: carbs, protein, oil, etc.

The coconut oil comes from the meat (after heating the cream) without all other nutrients (carbs and protein), but it contains much denser medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA's) which promotes excellent health benefits.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intresting. thanks

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to eat raw coconut meat. My preworkout meal consists of coconut meat, berries, and greek yogurt.

Coconut milk (the natural, unsweetened) makes an awesome martini with vodka, unsweetened cocoa powder, and some stevia :)

Br

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, it's pretty addictive!

I wonder if it is as healthy as the oil!?!

Should be!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I just tried...........

Unsweetend coconut meat/shred 1/4 C
Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp
stevia/erythritol/zylitol bend (Z-Sweet) 1 Tablespoon

Mix 10 seconds w/spoon - EAT!

Man, it's balls good!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to eat raw coconut meat. My preworkout meal consists of coconut meat, berries, and greek yogurt.

Coconut milk (the natural, unsweetened) makes an awesome martini with vodka, unsweetened cocoa powder, and some stevia :)

Br

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp

Yups, sometimes I just mix in about 100-200g of frozen blueberries and mush it up and eat it... great snack ;)

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
What does coconut milk taste like? Coconut chocolate bars are my favorite candy so coconut milk sounds pretty good.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does coconut milk taste like? Coconut chocolate bars are my favorite candy so coconut milk sounds pretty good.
imagine the coconut smell, then drink that smell w/o any sweetness.

hahah. Thats what it tastes like to me. I mix mine with either protein powerder, or blueberries.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
imagine the coconut smell, then drink that smell w/o any sweetness.

hahah. Thats what it tastes like to me. I mix mine with either protein powerder, or blueberries.
Have you ever mixed it with chocolate protein powder? lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you ever mixed it with chocolate protein powder? lol
yea
and some water to make it not so thick. I dont use THAT much in the chocolate protein powder. Usually my last meal of the day is coconut milk with blue berries. If Im lazy a meal during the day will be powder plus coconut milk ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wouldn't that be sort of counterintuitive?

I thought one of the main purposes/benefits was the MCT which provides a nice energey boost

yea
and some water to make it not so thick. I dont use THAT much in the chocolate protein powder. Usually my last meal of the day is coconut milk with blue berries. If Im lazy a meal during the day will be powder plus coconut milk ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wouldn't that be sort of counterintuitive?

I thought one of the main purposes/benefits was the MCT which provides a nice energey boost
Yea but I tend to do well with it at night. Seems to make my stomach relax. Lol.

standon

Banned
Awards
I switched to coconut milk after stopping milk consumption it's super thick in shakes and not as good in cereal almond milk and coconut oil for the health benefits is a better bet

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Coconut milk is really thick and creamy. It's main use is in sauces, but it's amazing in shakes too, especially chocolate or orange flavored shakes.

I'm trying to go dairy free soon, and looking for a good alternative to guzzling milk all day. I need to experiment with creating a new drink out of coconut milk, whey, and some other ingredients that will stay fresh after mixed. Guzzling real coconut milk isn't an option, I've tried it lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp

This is one of my current snacks. Try mixing in chocolate whey instead of the cocoa, for an added boost in protein.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny how the blatantly obvious escapes me some times! haha

Great idea

Thanks! ;)

This is one of my current snacks. Try mixing in chocolate whey instead of the cocoa, for an added boost in protein.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Almond Milk is THIN if you need an alternative non-dairy option

PS: the NO sugar 50 calorie coconut milk I have is thin as well

Coconut milk is really thick and creamy. It's main use is in sauces, but it's amazing in shakes too, especially chocolate or orange flavored shakes.

I'm trying to go dairy free soon, and looking for a good alternative to guzzling milk all day. I need to experiment with creating a new drink out of coconut milk, whey, and some other ingredients that will stay fresh after mixed. Guzzling real coconut milk isn't an option, I've tried it lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, I actually saw that LIVE - I watch that channel all the time ;)

Cool stuff FO SHO!