Coconut Milk comparable to Coconut Oil?

  1. Coconut Milk comparable to Coconut Oil?


    Thanks - I found a brand that has zero sugar

    http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/...hg_unsweetened

    It contains 5 grans of fat so the question remains, what am I losing health benefits-wise (if anything) from using this product as opposed to EVCO?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7


  2. Coconut milk isn't converted from oil. It will still contain MCTs but a lesser amount and will have sugars likely added.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

  3. Quote Originally Posted by NoSwtTea4U View Post
    Coconut milk isn't converted from oil. It will still contain MCTs but a lesser amount and will have sugars likely added.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    ^ He is correct. Check this out

    http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/ing...s/cocmilk.html
    •   
       


  4. Thanks - I found a brand that has zero sugar

    http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/...hg_unsweetened

    It contains 5 grans of fat so the question remains, what am I losing (if anything) from using this product as opposed to co**** oil?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  5. Calories, it has far less fat in it. Good beverage though. I've found a good, creamy coconut milk in BPA free cans that I'm going to try out. It's called Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/272413-gps-power-performance.html

  6. Coconut cream comes from the coconut meat after mixing it with water and pressed. Therefore, it retains all the nutrients that coconuts provide such as: carbs, protein, oil, etc.

    The coconut oil comes from the meat (after heating the cream) without all other nutrients (carbs and protein), but it contains much denser medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA's) which promotes excellent health benefits.

  7. Intresting. thanks
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  8. One mroe stupid question

    is unsweetend coconut the same thing health wise?

    http://www.bobsredmill.com/coconut-flakes.html

    the stuff tastes great to snack on
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  9. I like to eat raw coconut meat. My preworkout meal consists of coconut meat, berries, and greek yogurt.

    Coconut milk (the natural, unsweetened) makes an awesome martini with vodka, unsweetened cocoa powder, and some stevia

    Br

  10. Yeah, it's pretty addictive!

    I wonder if it is as healthy as the oil!?!

    Should be!
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  11. So I just tried...........

    Unsweetend coconut meat/shred 1/4 C
    Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp
    stevia/erythritol/zylitol bend (Z-Sweet) 1 Tablespoon

    Mix 10 seconds w/spoon - EAT!

    Man, it's balls good!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I like to eat raw coconut meat. My preworkout meal consists of coconut meat, berries, and greek yogurt.

    Coconut milk (the natural, unsweetened) makes an awesome martini with vodka, unsweetened cocoa powder, and some stevia

    Br
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    So I just tried...........

    Unsweetend coconut meat/shred 1/4 C
    Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp
    stevia/erythritol/zylitol bend (Z-Sweet) 1 Tablespoon

    Mix 10 seconds w/spoon - EAT!

    Man, it's balls good!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yups, sometimes I just mix in about 100-200g of frozen blueberries and mush it up and eat it... great snack
    RecoverBro ELITE

  13. What does coconut milk taste like? Coconut chocolate bars are my favorite candy so coconut milk sounds pretty good.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    What does coconut milk taste like? Coconut chocolate bars are my favorite candy so coconut milk sounds pretty good.
    imagine the coconut smell, then drink that smell w/o any sweetness.

    hahah. Thats what it tastes like to me. I mix mine with either protein powerder, or blueberries.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    imagine the coconut smell, then drink that smell w/o any sweetness.

    hahah. Thats what it tastes like to me. I mix mine with either protein powerder, or blueberries.
    Have you ever mixed it with chocolate protein powder? lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Have you ever mixed it with chocolate protein powder? lol
    yea
    and some water to make it not so thick. I dont use THAT much in the chocolate protein powder. Usually my last meal of the day is coconut milk with blue berries. If Im lazy a meal during the day will be powder plus coconut milk
    RecoverBro ELITE

  17. Wouldn't that be sort of counterintuitive?

    I thought one of the main purposes/benefits was the MCT which provides a nice energey boost

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    yea
    and some water to make it not so thick. I dont use THAT much in the chocolate protein powder. Usually my last meal of the day is coconut milk with blue berries. If Im lazy a meal during the day will be powder plus coconut milk
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Wouldn't that be sort of counterintuitive?

    I thought one of the main purposes/benefits was the MCT which provides a nice energey boost
    Yea but I tend to do well with it at night. Seems to make my stomach relax. Lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  19. I switched to coconut milk after stopping milk consumption it's super thick in shakes and not as good in cereal almond milk and coconut oil for the health benefits is a better bet

  20. Coconut milk is really thick and creamy. It's main use is in sauces, but it's amazing in shakes too, especially chocolate or orange flavored shakes.

    I'm trying to go dairy free soon, and looking for a good alternative to guzzling milk all day. I need to experiment with creating a new drink out of coconut milk, whey, and some other ingredients that will stay fresh after mixed. Guzzling real coconut milk isn't an option, I've tried it lol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/272413-gps-power-performance.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    So I just tried...........

    Unsweetend coconut meat/shred 1/4 C
    Unsweetend cocoa 1 tsp
    stevia/erythritol/zylitol bend (Z-Sweet) 1 Tablespoon

    Mix 10 seconds w/spoon - EAT!

    Man, it's balls good!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is one of my current snacks. Try mixing in chocolate whey instead of the cocoa, for an added boost in protein.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/272413-gps-power-performance.html

  22. Funny how the blatantly obvious escapes me some times! haha

    Great idea

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    This is one of my current snacks. Try mixing in chocolate whey instead of the cocoa, for an added boost in protein.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  23. Almond Milk is THIN if you need an alternative non-dairy option

    PS: the NO sugar 50 calorie coconut milk I have is thin as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Coconut milk is really thick and creamy. It's main use is in sauces, but it's amazing in shakes too, especially chocolate or orange flavored shakes.

    I'm trying to go dairy free soon, and looking for a good alternative to guzzling milk all day. I need to experiment with creating a new drink out of coconut milk, whey, and some other ingredients that will stay fresh after mixed. Guzzling real coconut milk isn't an option, I've tried it lol
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  24. yeah, I actually saw that LIVE - I watch that channel all the time


    Cool stuff FO SHO!
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. COCONUT oil
    By LAC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
  2. Does almond milk contain triglycerides like coconut milk?
    By schwellington in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. coconut oil
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
  4. coconut cream = coconut oil?
    By wontdie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
  5. coconut oil
    By galapagos in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Log in
Log in