Low Carb Cinnamon Roll
- 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Low Carb Cinnamon Roll
Here’s a recipe for a low carb and high protein keto friendly cinnamon roll with icing and all! This treat is incredible and requires only 5 minutes of your time and 5 ingredients! I use egg whites in my recipe because I find that using a whole egg makes it taste a little “eggy” but whole eggs will work as well! Once again I have used my Nitro-pro Cookies and Cream protein powder. It taste so good that the icing doesn’t even need PureVia but I stuck it in there anyway for all of you with a giant sweet tooth!
3 Egg Whites
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Scoop Nitropro Cookies and Cream Protein
1 Packet PureVia
1. In a small bowl, mix together egg whites and cinnamon
2. Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cook the egg white/cinnamon batter over medium heat until it begins to bubble
3. Flip like a pancake, cook the other side for just a few seconds and set on a plate to cool (I cut the rounded edges off of mine so it would look more like a cinnamon roll later)
4. In another small bowl, mix together protein powder and PureVia and add water LITTLE BY LITTLE until a smooth paste is formed. (Add the water slowly because too much water will make the icing watery. If you add too much water, you can always add some more protein powder to thicken it up a bit)
5. Spread half of the icing on top of the “pancake” and roll inwards (the icing should act as an adhesive to make it stick together)
6. Cut in half, distribute the rest of the icing over the top of the cinnamon rolls, and enjoy!!
FOR THE MACRO NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN AND STEP BY STEP PICTURES CHECK OUT Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips
- 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
hmmm..I love cinnamon! Thanks for the recipe!
- 01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
That sounds yummy. It probably doesn't come out looking like that picture though does it
~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Lol of course it does how do you think I took it? That's my finished product. You can check the site for the step by step pics if you'd like!
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By SinOrSlim in forum BulkingReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
- By dsade in forum GenomyxReplies: 15Last Post: 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
- By zb126 in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 22Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
- By freqfly in forum RecipesReplies: 18Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:17 AM