New diet need help!

mikepal88

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I've recently started a cut cycle. My question is does anyone have any good nutrition programs during a cut cycle? I'm looking for a program that wil be eAsy to follow without lots of time needed because I am quiet busy with school and work etc. thanks!!!

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
check out my helladrol log and look at my sample diet... It should be of help to you... if you need any more help, let me know...

mikepal88

Awards
Okay sounds good, I'll pm
You if there's anything I need , this thread has become useless haha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The thing that worked best for me while cutting was carb cycling. Very easy and worked like a charm. I am now following Shelby Starne's targeted carb approach and recomping nicely.

mikepal88

Awards
Oh really? Do you have a link that I could go to?

slick1

Awards
Counting calories worked for me, lost 40 lbs in four months, using the myfitnesspal app. The app also helped me keep up with my protein intake so I didn't lose to much muscle either. I ate every 2 hours, small meals and dinner time was my smallest meal. I had to try to see what would work for me and this did, whatever you decide don't make it to complicated or you will get frustrated and quit, good luck

mikepal88

Awards
Yes haha, I am trying to work something out that won't bug me , and I can keep as a lifestyle eventually lol

mikepal88

Awards
Alright I'll check those out thanks very
Much! What's your guys' opinion on supplementing a meal that you just can't fit in that day with a shake?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright I'll check those out thanks very
Much! What's your guys' opinion on supplementing a meal that you just can't fit in that day with a shake?
If you can't get a whole food meal in go for it. That's why supplements are called what they are. People rely on them too much, but if you're pressed for time, go for it. I'd rather have that shake than go to a drive thru window. But I would try to make time to have the whole food meal.

mikepal88

Awards
If you can't get a whole food meal in go for it. That's why supplements are called what they are. People rely on them too much, but if you're pressed for time, go for it. I'd rather have that shake than go to a drive thru window. But I would try to make time to have the whole food meal.
awesome thanks for all your healp! i was looking into that carb cycling diet and what do you think about it as a lifestyle? obvious if i was looking to bulk at another point or time i wouldnt be able to do that because of the lack of carbs correct? or am i all wrong, would it be possible that you could sustain that diet, while bulking, or just maintaing you current body weight? or would that diet only be for cutting specifically?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome thanks for all your healp! i was looking into that carb cycling diet and what do you think about it as a lifestyle? obvious if i was looking to bulk at another point or time i wouldnt be able to do that because of the lack of carbs correct? or am i all wrong, would it be possible that you could sustain that diet, while bulking, or just maintaing you current body weight? or would that diet only be for cutting specifically?
Are you referring to carb cycling (two high days, two medium days, and two low days) or the targeted carb approach in the second article? If you're talking about the carb cycling then yes, I think one can definitely bulk up on that. If you're talking about the targeted approach, you may get mixed answers. However, I think you can. Carbs do help build muscle, but in my mind, it come down to overall calories. You are still getting carbs pre and post workout. With that method, you have you lean body mass in carbs on workout days. For two meals, that is enough. You off days, you can still have veggies, nuts, etc. which contain carbs; you're just avoiding oats, potatoes, pasta, etc. There is also another approach in there that spreads carbs out throughout the day, you just stick to your LBM in grams.

I think the targeted approach is ideal for someone that wants to put on quality weight, meaning lean body mass. Prior to this year, I would aim for 1 pound a week on a bulk. That is not a bad number, but think about like this; that's 52 pounds over the course of the year. How much of that do you think is lean? I'm now aiming for .25-.5 pounds a week. Yes, fat will still accumulate, but not nearly as much. Personally, I am past the point of wanting to put on a lot of weight at once. I still want to put on weight, but I do not want to have to cut as much so I would rather take the slow and steady approach. One thing I have realized about bodybuilding is that it is a marathon, not a sprint. One negative about this method is you may look a little flat (not completely though since you'll have some days where you consume carbs), this can hurt people psychologically. But if you read the second article, it talks about a weekly refeed or cheat meal.

I am not saying carbs are bad, but in my opinion, most people do not need 300-400g a day while bulking. Most of us here are not high level athletes that need to load up on carbs. I think you need to find out how your body reacts to carbs, both high and low, before you can make an educated decision how how and when to use them. This is based off of my opinion and does not reflect what everyone should do. This has worked for me. Bodybuilding is an experiment, we are all different. That is the challenging thing about bodybuilding; there is no universal nutrition or training program for everyone to follow.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me give you a breakdown of my two days with the targeted approach. I'm not going to give exact amounts of each food, but just what I eat so you have an idea.

Lifting days

Meal 1 Preworkout

Myofusion
Egg Whites
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Oats/Sweet Potato
Pinch of cocoa

PWO SHAKE

1 scoop Iso-ology
5g creatine pinch of cocoa

Meal 2 (1 hour after shake)

Sweet Potato/Whole Grain Pasta
Broccoli
Egg Whites
Olive Oil

Meal 3

Chicken Breast
Egg Whites
Olive Oil
Fish Oil
Broccoli

Meal 4

Same as above

Meal 5

Cottage Cheese
Egg Whites
Whey
Natty PB
Sometimes fish oil or olive oil

(I mix the whey, PB, and CC in a bowl, it tastes great)

In the carb meals I only have a serving or two of fats while they increase a lot in the later meals to make up for the lost cals from the carbs. I also sprinkly cinnamon on everything I eat.

Cals - 3200
Macros 40/25/35 P/C/F
Carbs are at 206.6g with 42.1g fiber. I try to get 165-170g of carbs after fiber these days.

mikepal88

Awards
Okay I understand, this seems like a reasonable diet to follow, it doesn't seem to hard. Another question I have is, creatine, I'm
Takin it right now, but trying to cut off some weight? Is it contradictory, I plan to use creatine
This month to get more size, then next month I plan to use a thermogenic to shred off those last 10 pounds of fat I do not want. I am currently

Weight: 185
Height: 6'0

My aim would essentially to be 185-200 but of muscle, so I plan to cut of some weight first, then turn it into muscle, rather then just trying to get there from
The get go. Opinions?