apples or bananas

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
Im trying to cut most sugars out of my diet while I'm trying to lose weight. Should I stay away from fruits until I reach my goals, or still eat some? If I still eat fruits, which are the best kinds?! Any ideas?

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
A peace of fruits great after u train, like banana as long as it's not to ripe.iv heard apples although tasty r hard to digest.

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
Yea I used to eat banana's after I ran in a trackh meet in high school. Just heard they were really high in fat, but I do love them!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remove refined sugars. Keep the fruits and veggies.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Yea I used to eat banana's after I ran in a trackh meet in high school. Just heard they were really high in fat, but I do love them!
not much fat in bananas...
banana fat.png

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remove refined sugars. Keep the fruits and veggies.
My thoughts, as well.

Just make sure it fits into your daily macros and don't go crazy eating a huge bowl of berries lol.

Alpha Mind

Awards
If you're trying to lose weight, I'd avoid bananas unless it's post-workout. Don't drink fruit juice.

Blackberries are a solid choice.

I know a LOT of people that have lost a LOT of weight adhering to the principles in Tim Ferriss' "The 4 Hour Body."

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Try frozen grapes...omg sooo good...yummy :)

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
My thoughts, as well.

Just make sure it fits into your daily macros and don't go crazy eating a huge bowl of berries lol.
but i lovee berrriesssss! jk

If you're trying to lose weight, I'd avoid bananas unless it's post-workout. Don't drink fruit juice.

I know a LOT of people that have lost a LOT of weight adhering to the principles in Tim Ferriss' "The 4 Hour Body."
I will check that out. I'm not a fan of blackberries. The only berry I really like is strawberries. I think I may just stick with apples, and I will check out the 4 hour body thing you mentioned.

Try frozen grapes...omg sooo good...yummy :)
Never tried grapes frozen, i'll have to give that a try!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frozen grapes are in fact amazing. One thing to be cautious of is that (at least to me) green grapes do not taste good frozen. I'm not exactly sure why it is or if it's just my tastebuds. Frozen red grapes, though, are absolutely delicious and are a particular favorite in the summer for me.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Totally agree with fruit juices unless they are fresh squeezed. Otherwise they contain a lot if extra crap and sugar. Bananas have a lot of carbs but they are slow digesting so breakfast or pre/post workout is good.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Frozen grapes are in fact amazing. One thing to be cautious of is that (at least to me) green grapes do not taste good frozen. I'm not exactly sure why it is or if it's just my tastebuds. Frozen red grapes, though, are absolutely delicious and are a particular favorite in the summer for me.
True...I also like red grapes...omg that's was the best thing I discovered....my mouth is gettin watery...I'm gonna go get some grapes rite now lol

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Reps for you....I swear I was the only one that liked doing that!! Also, frozen bananas...(depending on how ripe), can taste about like banana ice cream....
I always have frozen grapes in my freezer...I nvr tried banana tho,,,I have to give it a try..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else notice those nutrition facts for bananas are with skin? Who eats the skin? Gross.
I imagine someone who wears a banana costume and pretends to be a cannibal.

I could be wrong, though.

:sly:

jared767

Awards
Raspberries, blackberries, Cranberries, honeydew melons, cantaloupe are all pretty low in sugar. Remember that all fruits have sugar, but it also has fiber and good nutrients. Just don’t overdo it. For weight-loss purposes, keep it to two servings a day and try to make most of them low-glycemic (grapefruit, apples, berries)
Eliminate fruit juice. It’s a pure sugar hit with none of the fiber and less of the nutrients that are found in the fruit itself.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm a banana fan myself

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
i eat 130g banana every morning. I go to costco, purchase a bunch in bulk, cut them up and freeze them. Makes my morning protein shake taste great.
Good for that insulin spike in the morning too.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i eat 130g banana every morning. I go to costco, purchase a bunch in bulk, cut them up and freeze them. Makes my morning protein shake taste great.
Good for that insulin spike in the morning too.
Yeah.
Little tip for people that don't buy in bulk & freeze is keep em in the fridge they will last longer.
I eat about 1-2 medium bananas a day.
Sometimes I'll throw 1 in a shake other times I'll have a p butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread :)