Trying to get on a eating program

frostbite116

Awards
Hey so im 18 and am trying to bulk up hard core.. i try eating as well as i can when i can but i feel like i could deff be doing a bteer job if i had a routine... Any suggestions on meals and how to bulk up?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Stick to eating clean by getting fats from almonds,coconut oil,olive oil,avocadoes ect,lean proteins,and complex carbs.
Depending on your training(high int,just lifting)adjust carbs by adding more for highier int and mainly focus on fats and protein for just lifting with little cardio.

Don't go bazark with eating to much at first figure your cals to build muscle (usally 500 over tdee)and start adjusting from week to week from there.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you eat right now? If you're consistently eating junk now, do not just expect to add clean foods into your diet AND follow a set routine. Take baby steps, buy some foods that you are not used to first, get used to those, then worry about following a routine. If you do too much at once you'll be overwhelmed between the new foods and following a constructed routine.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What do you eat right now? If you're consistently eating junk now, do not just expect to add clean foods into your diet AND follow a set routine. Take baby steps, buy some foods that you are not used to first, get used to those, then worry about following a routine. If you do too much at once you'll be overwhelmed between the new foods and following a constructed routine.
Sounds like great advice.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Your young man. JUST EAT!!!

diane21

Awards
For gaining The Lifetime fitness and good health, we should wake up early in the morning and take some healthy in breakfast like fresh fruits and Juice. Mostly eat green and fresh vegetables and home made food instead of markets products. And very important thing is that always be happy and Take a good sleep.

frostbite116

Awards
thanks for all the advise... i will deff be buying tons of almonds and oatmeal.. and my diet is strict... 2-4 100 percernt whey shakes.. all rice is brwon rice, no deep fried food (except some occasions, i am only 18 so i needa live a lil) i try eating tons of greens aswell.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for all the advise... i will deff be buying tons of almonds and oatmeal.. and my diet is strict... 2-4 100 percernt whey shakes.. all rice is brwon rice, no deep fried food (except some occasions, i am only 18 so i needa live a lil) i try eating tons of greens aswell.
I wouldn't go more than two shakes a day. Really try to eat more whole food than that. Protein is important, but try to limit your shakes.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I wouldn't go more than two shakes a day. Really try to eat more whole food than that. Protein is important, but try to limit your shakes.
I would say 3 max. Weather it be a mix of bars or shakes... 3 solid meals and 3 shakes/bars...

I'm sure it can be done with 2 shakes a day but when I'm trying to get over my b/w that's what I do.

I eat way too many carbs....