New Year = New Changes ... Going Gluten-Free?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Anyone have thoughts/opinions on torula yeast?

I have some dry roasted peanuts in sea salt that had been in the cupboard for a bit and it's listed in there. From what I read, it's gluten-free, but I'm more curious if anyone has opinions on it since it appears to be a replacement to MSG (and it's argued to be better, but we know how those things can turn out to not be the case, on occasion).

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I also did go ahead and start the GF route on the 3rd and I feel pretty good and my stomach has felt better today than it has in a while, which is interesting, as I didn't notice anything when I went paleo for a whole month several months back.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    I also did go ahead and start the GF route on the 3rd and I feel pretty good and my stomach has felt better today than it has in a while, which is interesting, as I didn't notice anything when I went paleo for a whole month several months back.
    Could be you haven't had as much recently and it's clearing faster?
    Hmm. Interesting. I know when I go back home to Hawaii being gluten free will be a lot easier.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Could be you haven't had as much recently and it's clearing faster?
    Hmm. Interesting. I know when I go back home to Hawaii being gluten free will be a lot easier.
    All that McDonalds spam and rice?

5. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

All that McDonalds spam and rice?
    Oh yes. Portuguese sausage eggs and rice!
    Man though... It's so easy not eating flour back home. I've never really eaten it back home either. Pretty much don't like sweets, hate pasta, don't like pizza, and all my fried foods are usually in rice powder or potato starch. Donno why either, just the way my mom did it.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Oh yes. Portuguese sausage eggs and rice!
    Man though... It's so easy not eating flour back home. I've never really eaten it back home either. Pretty much don't like sweets, hate pasta, don't like pizza, and all my fried foods are usually in rice powder or potato starch. Donno why either, just the way my mom did it.
    That's awesome, man. I do have a sweet tooth and I like to indulge in pizza on occasion, but when I'm actually making progress, I don't want it at all because I view it as a hindrance to my goals and my willpower is strong enough. What's hard is not seeing any progress at all with a clean, low-calorie diet and plenty of cardio and lifting lol. That's when I get weak and slip up and eat things I normally wouldn't. I just feel so much better when I eat clean, anyway.

Once I get this all sorted out, I'll be out to Hawaii again to visit and have you introduce me to these wonderful cooking methods. Plus, I'd love some good ahi steak, again .

7. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

That's awesome, man. I do have a sweet tooth and I like to indulge in pizza on occasion, but when I'm actually making progress, I don't want it at all because I view it as a hindrance to my goals and my willpower is strong enough. What's hard is not seeing any progress at all with a clean, low-calorie diet and plenty of cardio and lifting lol. That's when I get weak and slip up and eat things I normally wouldn't. I just feel so much better when I eat clean, anyway.

Once I get this all sorted out, I'll be out to Hawaii again to visit and have you introduce me to these wonderful cooking methods. Plus, I'd love some good ahi steak, again .
    Yea. Not seeing results suck man! Get that stuff sorted out and come on over. Until then wait till I get back for some cooking tips from me when I start uploading some.

6 weeks I go back home for vacation. Gonna try get some blood work done. What do you recommend?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

6 weeks I go back home for vacation. Gonna try get some blood work done. What do you recommend?
    Symptoms?

I know we talked about it briefly through PMs, but I'd be interested to hear, again.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

Symptoms?

I know we talked about it briefly through PMs, but I'd be interested to hear, again.
    Don't wanna take the fire from your thread, I'll make another thread later when I gather the symptoms I have. That way I can get a variety of responses.
    Probably do the blood work that I can get for cheap though as I won't have any medical insurance in america.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Don't wanna take the fire from your thread, I'll make another thread later when I gather the symptoms I have. That way I can get a variety of responses.
    Probably do the blood work that I can get for cheap though as I won't have any medical insurance in america.
    Haha, it's all good. I don't care about it being derailed.

*waiting for Flex to pop in...*

lol

But yeah, link me whenever you start a thread and I'll see what I think, broseph .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. Gluten free bulk
    By asavage24 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:57 PM
  3. Gluten Free Anyone?
    By Elizzard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 09:29 AM