How Difficult Is It For Men To Be on A Diet?

jared767

Awards
I've read an article on a website where a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association was quoted saying that most men don't want to be on a diet because they think that they'll be eating nothing but salads.

That's how I actually feel.

What about you?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I've read an article on a website where a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association was quoted saying that most men don't want to be on a diet because they think that they'll be eating nothing but salads.

What about you?
I hate diets because I hate routine and same food all the time, counting calories, and restricting what I eat. I love eating out, I've cut back but I used to eat out once or twice a day since I don't cook.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established

What about you?
I'd say that men that feel that way are seriously uninformed about diets. Ever hear of a keto diet? You eat more meat and other protein than you could imagine. Only thing you give up is carbs.. which cuts out some veggies. Inform your self about the different diets that are out there.. unless you are going Vegan there is no need to eat only salads.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I kind of like being on a diet, as long as the diet is working and I see results in the mirror or scale.

Chicken Breasts / Pork Chops are almost always good for a diet, definitely not a salad. If you have a smart-phone you can download apps that you just put in the name of what you eat, match it to what you ate and enter it. You just have to make sure you know how many servings or ounces you ate.

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
I love my roast dinner too much, a diet? no thanks.

jared767

Awards
I hate diets because I hate routine and same food all the time, counting calories, and restricting what I eat. I love eating out, I've cut back but I used to eat out once or twice a day since I don't cook.
We're on the same boat. Just curious..when you're eating out..what do you usually order?

My job requires me to be out on the field which gave me no option but eat at fastfoods. I need to watch what I eat now so I need suggestions about healthy meals from these fastfoods.

will appreciate any suggestion :)

jared767

Awards
I'd say that men that feel that way are seriously uninformed about diets. Ever hear of a keto diet? You eat more meat and other protein than you could imagine. Only thing you give up is carbs.. which cuts out some veggies. Inform your self about the different diets that are out there.. unless you are going Vegan there is no need to eat only salads.
Oh great! Thanks

jared767

Awards
I kind of like being on a diet, as long as the diet is working and I see results in the mirror or scale.

Chicken Breasts / Pork Chops are almost always good for a diet, definitely not a salad. If you have a smart-phone you can download apps that you just put in the name of what you eat, match it to what you ate and enter it. You just have to make sure you know how many servings or ounces you ate.

I just searched the Internet and found nutritionix. Is that what you are talking about? I don't think it's downloadable but I guess it should work.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
We're on the same boat. Just curious..when you're eating out..what do you usually order?

My job requires me to be out on the field which gave me no option but eat at fastfoods. I need to watch what I eat now so I need suggestions about healthy meals from these fastfoods.

Nothing fried .. The beef is usually 20% or more fat .. Most all the places offer salads .. Grilled chicken lowfat dressing .. Water .. There is another thread someplace with this addressed

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established

I'm not a fast food guy, but I do from time to time get burger king or Arby's. Here are some ideas:

Burger King: TenderGrill Chicken Sandwitch with no Mayo (mayo loaded with fat calories)
KFC: Grilled selection
Chick-fil-a: Chargrilled Chicken Sandwitch, I would eat two of them
McD: Grilled chicken selections
Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Go Wrap, Ultimate Chicken Grill
Arby's: Large Roast beef

Yu can cut down on the carbs by not eating all the buns, see if they have wheat bread, don't order sides, avoid mayo unless it is light, iced tea for a drink

jared767

Awards
I'm not a fast food guy, but I do from time to time get burger king or Arby's. Here are some ideas:

Burger King: TenderGrill Chicken Sandwitch with no Mayo (mayo loaded with fat calories)
KFC: Grilled selection
Chick-fil-a: Chargrilled Chicken Sandwitch, I would eat two of them
McD: Grilled chicken selections
Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Go Wrap, Ultimate Chicken Grill
Arby's: Large Roast beef

Yu can cut down on the carbs by not eating all the buns, see if they have wheat bread, don't order sides, avoid mayo unless it is light, iced tea for a drink
Checked it out using nutritionix...great suggestion! Thanks!

Burger King
Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad: No mayo
Calories 230.0
Total Fat 11.0g
Cholesterol 25.0mg
Sodium 700.0mg
Carbohydrates 19.0g
Protein 10.0g

Wendy's

Ultimate Chicken Grill: Order it with lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard sauce.

Calories 395.2
Total Fat 10.5g
Cholesterol 100.0mg
Sodium 1110.0mg
Total Carbohydrates 41.5g
Dietary Fiber 2.0g
Sugars 9.5g
Protein 35.0g

...and they sound delicious too!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
The tendergrill should have more protein. Checkout bk.com nutrition info/ it is more 40+g protein

Scot_Anderson

Scot_Anderson

Awards
Well let's think about this. I consider my diet to be more of a lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle. Eating 6-7 times a day on a high protein diet is really the only way to shred and store food accordingly. Oatmeal, applesauce, brown rice, veggies, eggs, cottage cheese, natural fruit, protein shakes, protein bars/snack bars, chicken, fish, beef once in awhile, good whole wheats, a good multi-vitamin have a cheat day once in awhile cut out sugar as much as possible. Try to workout high stamina 45 minutes per day. You will be shocked how much better you feel.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
My diet is
eggs bacon for breakfast
Steak or chicken for lunch
Protein shake
Steak or chicken for dinner

And almonds thought the day, occasionally a protein bar and yogurt. LOTS oF MILK

Roniboney

Awards
I love my roast dinner too much, a diet? no thanks.
I can eat roasts on a diet because I'm smart about it.For instance I cut through Christmas and was still able to pig out.

If you structure your meals,count macro's for those meals you'll be able to sub in any food you really want when dieting.Using intermittent fasting also helps when the calories get really low

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think the word "diet" is abused actually. Dieting doesn't always have to be EXTREME. You can have a diet plan that caters to your needs that doesn't have you eating dry chicken and veggies every meal. These days its easy to mix it up! You should check out the recipes section of AM. Tons of healthy ones. Here is one of my favs.

Crab salad stuffed pitas!
Ingredients
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
7 ounces cooked crab meat, drained (see Note)
1/2 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper, or to taste
2 6-inch pita breads, warmed and cut in half crosswise
2 large lettuce leaves, torn in half

Preparation
1.Whisk vinegar, oil, lime juice and pepper in a medium bowl. Add ginger, crab, celery, onion, cilantro and jalapeno; toss well. Line pita halves with lettuce and fill with crab salad.
Only 250Cals/serving with 16.5g of protein!
Crab_Salad_Stuffed_Pita_Pockets.jpg

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Love it when I "diet"
Problem is when I'm not dieting I eat what I want and feel like crap. Body looks soft and sleep gets messed up. Get on high protein/fats and lower or eliminate carbs and I feel awesome.
Just hard to do all the time when my Italian wife makes dinner. Love pasta but it hates me.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not a fan of a diet either.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Chicken/Veggies/Almonds 5 x a day!!! Love it!

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Keto diet, so awesome, all the time. That's how I got as lean as in my avatar. I call it the meat diet. Felt so good on that diet.

Colby

Colby

Awards
I agree with ur "meat" diet I like a lot of diff proteins and I'm not a big fan of veggies do it works out pretty well

Roniboney

Awards
Keto diet, so awesome, all the time. That's how I got as lean as in my avatar. I call it the meat diet. Felt so good on that diet.
I tried doing a keto diet and the first 13 days before the first carb up I looked so weak and scrawny.True ecto here.I have to eat at least 250g of carbs a day.Bulking I'm, on 500,my last cut the lowest my calries were was 3000 and the lowest my carbs were was 300.

Keto is pretty fun though.Bacon and eggs for breakfast,making your own breakfast cereals with nuts and seeds and using soy milk over them.I'll admit it's a tasty way to diet but just not optimal for some