How Difficult Is It For Men To Be on A Diet?

  1. New Member
    jared767's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    7857
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

    How Difficult Is It For Men To Be on A Diet?


    I've read an article on a website where a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association was quoted saying that most men don't want to be on a diet because they think that they'll be eating nothing but salads.

    That's how I actually feel.

    What about you?

  2. Senior Member
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3106
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jared767 View Post
    I've read an article on a website where a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association was quoted saying that most men don't want to be on a diet because they think that they'll be eating nothing but salads.

    That's how I actually feel.

    What about you?
    I hate diets because I hate routine and same food all the time, counting calories, and restricting what I eat. I love eating out, I've cut back but I used to eat out once or twice a day since I don't cook.
  3. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jared767 View Post
    I've read an article on a website where a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association was quoted saying that most men don't want to be on a diet because they think that they'll be eating nothing but salads.

    That's how I actually feel.

    What about you?
    I'd say that men that feel that way are seriously uninformed about diets. Ever hear of a keto diet? You eat more meat and other protein than you could imagine. Only thing you give up is carbs.. which cuts out some veggies. Inform your self about the different diets that are out there.. unless you are going Vegan there is no need to eat only salads.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    jaycuda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,018
    Rep Power
    201571
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    24.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I kind of like being on a diet, as long as the diet is working and I see results in the mirror or scale.

    Chicken Breasts / Pork Chops are almost always good for a diet, definitely not a salad. If you have a smart-phone you can download apps that you just put in the name of what you eat, match it to what you ate and enter it. You just have to make sure you know how many servings or ounces you ate.
    Olympus Labs Rep
    All your Anabolic needs @ Olympus-labs.com
  5. New Member
    LiamGTR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    83.4%

    I love my roast dinner too much, a diet? no thanks.
  6. New Member
    jared767's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    7857
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I hate diets because I hate routine and same food all the time, counting calories, and restricting what I eat. I love eating out, I've cut back but I used to eat out once or twice a day since I don't cook.
    We're on the same boat. Just curious..when you're eating out..what do you usually order?

    My job requires me to be out on the field which gave me no option but eat at fastfoods. I need to watch what I eat now so I need suggestions about healthy meals from these fastfoods.

    will appreciate any suggestion
  7. New Member
    jared767's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    7857
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I'd say that men that feel that way are seriously uninformed about diets. Ever hear of a keto diet? You eat more meat and other protein than you could imagine. Only thing you give up is carbs.. which cuts out some veggies. Inform your self about the different diets that are out there.. unless you are going Vegan there is no need to eat only salads.
    Oh great! Thanks
  8. New Member
    jared767's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    7857
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I kind of like being on a diet, as long as the diet is working and I see results in the mirror or scale.

    Chicken Breasts / Pork Chops are almost always good for a diet, definitely not a salad. If you have a smart-phone you can download apps that you just put in the name of what you eat, match it to what you ate and enter it. You just have to make sure you know how many servings or ounces you ate.

    I just searched the Internet and found nutritionix. Is that what you are talking about? I don't think it's downloadable but I guess it should work.
  9. New Member
    SMC USA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    329
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    32.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by jared767

    We're on the same boat. Just curious..when you're eating out..what do you usually order?

    My job requires me to be out on the field which gave me no option but eat at fastfoods. I need to watch what I eat now so I need suggestions about healthy meals from these fastfoods.

    will appreciate any suggestion
    Nothing fried .. The beef is usually 20% or more fat .. Most all the places offer salads .. Grilled chicken lowfat dressing .. Water .. There is another thread someplace with this addressed
  10. Senior Member
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3106
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jared767 View Post
    We're on the same boat. Just curious..when you're eating out..what do you usually order?

    My job requires me to be out on the field which gave me no option but eat at fastfoods. I need to watch what I eat now so I need suggestions about healthy meals from these fastfoods.

    will appreciate any suggestion
    I'm not a fast food guy, but I do from time to time get burger king or Arby's. Here are some ideas:

    Burger King: TenderGrill Chicken Sandwitch with no Mayo (mayo loaded with fat calories)
    KFC: Grilled selection
    Chick-fil-a: Chargrilled Chicken Sandwitch, I would eat two of them
    McD: Grilled chicken selections
    Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Go Wrap, Ultimate Chicken Grill
    Arby's: Large Roast beef

    Yu can cut down on the carbs by not eating all the buns, see if they have wheat bread, don't order sides, avoid mayo unless it is light, iced tea for a drink
  11. New Member
    jared767's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    7857
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I'm not a fast food guy, but I do from time to time get burger king or Arby's. Here are some ideas:

    Burger King: TenderGrill Chicken Sandwitch with no Mayo (mayo loaded with fat calories)
    KFC: Grilled selection
    Chick-fil-a: Chargrilled Chicken Sandwitch, I would eat two of them
    McD: Grilled chicken selections
    Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Go Wrap, Ultimate Chicken Grill
    Arby's: Large Roast beef

    Yu can cut down on the carbs by not eating all the buns, see if they have wheat bread, don't order sides, avoid mayo unless it is light, iced tea for a drink
    Checked it out using nutritionix...great suggestion! Thanks!

    Burger King
    Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad: No mayo
    Calories 230.0
    Total Fat 11.0g
    Cholesterol 25.0mg
    Sodium 700.0mg
    Carbohydrates 19.0g
    Protein 10.0g

    Wendy's

    Ultimate Chicken Grill: Order it with lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard sauce.

    Calories 395.2
    Total Fat 10.5g
    Cholesterol 100.0mg
    Sodium 1110.0mg
    Total Carbohydrates 41.5g
    Dietary Fiber 2.0g
    Sugars 9.5g
    Protein 35.0g

    ...and they sound delicious too!
  12. Senior Member
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3106
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    30.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    The tendergrill should have more protein. Checkout bk.com nutrition info/ it is more 40+g protein
  13. New Member
    Scot_Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    92.75%

    Well let's think about this. I consider my diet to be more of a lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle. Eating 6-7 times a day on a high protein diet is really the only way to shred and store food accordingly. Oatmeal, applesauce, brown rice, veggies, eggs, cottage cheese, natural fruit, protein shakes, protein bars/snack bars, chicken, fish, beef once in awhile, good whole wheats, a good multi-vitamin have a cheat day once in awhile cut out sugar as much as possible. Try to workout high stamina 45 minutes per day. You will be shocked how much better you feel.
  14. Senior Member
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,375
    Rep Power
    74276
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    My diet is
    eggs bacon for breakfast
    Steak or chicken for lunch
    Protein shake
    Steak or chicken for dinner

    And almonds thought the day, occasionally a protein bar and yogurt. LOTS oF MILK
  15. Advanced Member
    Roniboney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    516
    Rep Power
    11783
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by LiamGTR View Post
    I love my roast dinner too much, a diet? no thanks.
    I can eat roasts on a diet because I'm smart about it.For instance I cut through Christmas and was still able to pig out.


    If you structure your meals,count macro's for those meals you'll be able to sub in any food you really want when dieting.Using intermittent fasting also helps when the calories get really low
  16. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258614
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    9.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think the word "diet" is abused actually. Dieting doesn't always have to be EXTREME. You can have a diet plan that caters to your needs that doesn't have you eating dry chicken and veggies every meal. These days its easy to mix it up! You should check out the recipes section of AM. Tons of healthy ones. Here is one of my favs.

    Crab salad stuffed pitas!
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon lime juice
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    7 ounces cooked crab meat, drained (see Note)
    1/2 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves
    2 tablespoons minced red onion
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
    1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper, or to taste
    2 6-inch pita breads, warmed and cut in half crosswise
    2 large lettuce leaves, torn in half

    Preparation
    1.Whisk vinegar, oil, lime juice and pepper in a medium bowl. Add ginger, crab, celery, onion, cilantro and jalapeno; toss well. Line pita halves with lettuce and fill with crab salad.
    Only 250Cals/serving with 16.5g of protein!
    Name:  Crab_Salad_Stuffed_Pita_Pockets.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  121.2 KB
  17. New Member
    jarred's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    chicken/rice everyday!
  18. New Member
    mmacrazy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    1150
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    35.47%

    Love it when I "diet"
    Problem is when I'm not dieting I eat what I want and feel like crap. Body looks soft and sleep gets messed up. Get on high protein/fats and lower or eliminate carbs and I feel awesome.
    Just hard to do all the time when my Italian wife makes dinner. Love pasta but it hates me.
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,784
    Rep Power
    3341320
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    99.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Not a fan of a diet either.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  20. Advanced Member
    th3futur3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    809
    Rep Power
    4894
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    24.3%

    Chicken/Veggies/Almonds 5 x a day!!! Love it!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  21. Advanced Member
    kaikara's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    608
    Rep Power
    22003
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    62.79%

    Keto diet, so awesome, all the time. That's how I got as lean as in my avatar. I call it the meat diet. Felt so good on that diet.
  22. New Member
    Colby's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    8337
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    4.53%

    I agree with ur "meat" diet I like a lot of diff proteins and I'm not a big fan of veggies do it works out pretty well
  23. Advanced Member
    Roniboney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    516
    Rep Power
    11783
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    Keto diet, so awesome, all the time. That's how I got as lean as in my avatar. I call it the meat diet. Felt so good on that diet.
    I tried doing a keto diet and the first 13 days before the first carb up I looked so weak and scrawny.True ecto here.I have to eat at least 250g of carbs a day.Bulking I'm, on 500,my last cut the lowest my calries were was 3000 and the lowest my carbs were was 300.

    Keto is pretty fun though.Bacon and eggs for breakfast,making your own breakfast cereals with nuts and seeds and using soy milk over them.I'll admit it's a tasty way to diet but just not optimal for some
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK
    By The Neck in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
  2. More Difficult to eat solid protein lately
    By T-Bone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM
  3. Your site is too difficult to navigate
    By datBtrue in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in