BCAA's??? Is there a top brand or preference?

Russ Allen

Russ Allen

Awards
Curious what the best Amino product currently is on the market?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Can't argue with RecoverPro that stuffs quality and cheap, the Bulk Modern BCAA was sellling 1kg at 29.99 but is sold out atm was a great buy and good quality. I always was an extend user but prefer the 4:1:1 ratio and 8:1:1 ratios better then the 2:1:1.

Russ Allen

Russ Allen

Awards
I have used extend and am currently using modern bcca! These I like! I will definitely check out the Recoverpro. thanks guys

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't argue with RecoverPro that stuffs quality and cheap, the Bulk Modern BCAA was sellling 1kg at 29.99 but is sold out atm was a great buy and good quality. I always was an extend user but prefer the 4:1:1 ratio and 8:1:1 ratios better then the 2:1:1.
agreed 125 servings for 40 bucks or so give or take

recoverpro is quality bcaa's and just costs less. I remember back ten years ago i was gagging On's bcaa's now. bcaa's have come a long way in taste

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
how do you dose BCAA's? morning? pre? post?

I've been doing weights in the evenings (3days) & fasted cardio &/or yoga in the mornings -

I'm looking for a little assistance cutting & have read that fasted cardio & BCAA's make for a good combo

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk BCAA from nutra + grape drink mix from walmart..

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inner Armour BCAA Peak

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how do you dose BCAA's? morning? pre? post?

I've been doing weights in the evenings (3days) & fasted cardio &/or yoga in the mornings -

I'm looking for a little assistance cutting & have read that fasted cardio & BCAA's make for a good combo
I ALWAYS use BCAAs while I'm in the gym. I use them for before and during fasted cardio and before and during lifting. I usually finish up my BCAAs on my ride home from the gym and then I have my protein shake.

Anybody that would like to try some FREE samples of RecoverPRO, please PM myself or John Smeton with your full name and shipping information.

We'll go a step further and here's what you'll receive:

Pink Lemonade Maniac
Fruit Punch Maniac
Lemon RecoverPRO
Red Raspberry RecoverPRO
3z
HGHpro
Motivate
Perform

***US and Canadian residents only, please. ***

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I'm not a company rep and here is my honest opinion on BCAA's out there.

LOVES:
AI Sports RecoverPro Lemon Flavored
Modern BCAA

MuscleTech Nitro FX
Xtend 1.0
BCAA 6000

I haven't tried Xtend 2.0 yet.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs need to be cost effective in my opinion, until there is evidence that more expensive forms are more effective.

I don't know about in America but in the UK RecoverPro is the most cost effective I am aware of without buying bulk. If you buy it get the lemon flavour. :)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BCAAs need to be cost effective in my opinion, until there is evidence that more expensive forms are more effective.

I don't know about in America but in the UK RecoverPro is the most cost effective I am aware of without buying bulk. If you buy it get the lemon flavour. :)
Yea recover pro is the most cost effective for flavore BCAAs. Ive been buying a kilo of recover pro and mixing it with a kilo of bulk 2:1:1 BCAAs .

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A bulk supplier here recently had a 50% off sale so 1kg of BCAAs were being sold for around $15 sterling equivalent.

I buy in bulk now and throw an effervescent vitamin C tablet in there. It works out cheap and you can change the flavours- perfect.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the same exact opinion. 2:1:1 is the ratio that has evidence of lean body mass gains.. These other blends seem to be just marketing IMO

A bulk supplier here recently had a 50% off sale so 1kg of BCAAs were being sold for around $15 sterling equivalent.

I buy in bulk now and throw an effervescent vitamin C tablet in there. It works out cheap and you can change the flavours- perfect.
Whats the purpose of the vitamin C in there?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats the purpose of the vitamin C in there?
I could get all techy and talk about caffeine clearance or anti-oxidant effects vs pro-oxidant effects at which dosages but to tell you the truth it is because they are dirt cheap and taste nice lol. :)

bolo status

bolo status

Awards
Bcaa's. Ugggh. Milk oj n pbj's. Theres ur bcaa's

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could get all techy and talk about caffeine clearance or anti-oxidant effects vs pro-oxidant effects at which dosages but to tell you the truth it is because they are dirt cheap and taste nice lol. :)
I am assuming you are using the BCAA + vit C around a workout.. If so look at this when you get a chance

PMID 21239445

Granted it is in vitro and not a large scale study but I figured I would share with you... Just some food for thought ;)

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Always enjoyed xtend but i'd like to try recoverpro and modern bcaa, i'll just add my own citrulline malate, love that stuff

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am assuming you are using the BCAA + vit C around a workout.. If so look at this when you get a chance

PMID 21239445

Granted it is in vitro and not a large scale study but I figured I would share with you... Just some food for thought ;)
It seems a bit tenuous to draw any conclusions from. I appreciate posting studies though. :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems a bit tenuous to draw any conclusions from. I appreciate posting studies though. :)
Yea I agree.. Just thought I would share and let you form your own opinion on it.

If I remember correctly, I believe there are a couple more on its effects on insulin sensitivity and also endurance adaptations. If I find them I can PM them to you if your interested

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Probably helps in BCAA mixability as well.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I remember getting a sample of anjimotoa bcaa's from olympia one year all i remember was it was a white package that tasted like lemonade. Anyone recall this brand?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I remember getting a sample of anjimotoa bcaa's from olympia one year all i remember was it was a white package that tasted like lemonade. Anyone recall this brand?
Yep, I forgot the company, but one of the supplement companies uses anjimotoa bcaa in their blend.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I usually use xtend, i have some recoverpro i got for 30bucks. If there werent sales on these two id just use bulk from nutra with flavoring.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check out Aminolytes. Bcaa plus electrolytes etc

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of buying bulk BCAAs and then a flavored product and mixing the two. That's the best for cost and you can flavor as needed, too (i.e. get it so it's not overly sweet if you want a lot of BCAAs).

I've used:

Xtend
Modern BCAA
Recover Pro
Power Shock
Anabolic Ignite

So far, Anabolic Ignite was the best intra-workout I've used, but it has a lot more than just BCAAs.

If you get Recover Pro, just make sure you get the raspberry. Everyone knows lemon is for squares! :cool2:

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raspberry is pretty de-lish

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of buying bulk BCAAs and then a flavored product and mixing the two. That's the best for cost and you can flavor as needed, too (i.e. get it so it's not overly sweet if you want a lot of BCAAs).

I've used:

Xtend
Modern BCAA
Recover Pro
Power Shock
Anabolic Ignite

So far, Anabolic Ignite was the best intra-workout I've used, but it has a lot more than just BCAAs.

If you get Recover Pro, just make sure you get the raspberry. Everyone knows lemon is for squares! :cool2:
Dang, I love these things!!

lemon-bars-ay-l.jpg

;)

Still needing to try Anabolic Ignite, I had that pulled up a little while ago to order too...but need to wait for more $ to come in...

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang, I love these things!!

View attachment 50449

;)

Still needing to try Anabolic Ignite, I had that pulled up a little while ago to order too...but need to wait for more $ to come in...
I was actually hoping someone would pick up on the word-play. You did one better and posted a photo lol.

Yeah, Ignite is solid and so far the Competition has been my favorite intra, but it's much more than just BCAAs.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
For me its recoverpro. Price, taste, profile, and I trust AI. Just throwing my preference out there.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
SciVation Xtend, watermelon tastes awesome!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A quick google search for Aminolytes and it can be found for around $25 right now.
Newest product from Beast.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be loggin the pre workout. I suggest you get some now.

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone shine some light if there really are any major differences/benefits from Ajipure BCAAs vs. regular BCAAs? From what I know Ajipure BCAAs are pure grade BCAAs while conventional BCAAs are derived from other sources. But honestly, is there really a differences? A lot of companies have even gone as far as to micronize them so they are dissolved easier. Has anyone had experiences with both and that could honestly tell a difference in terms of recovery, endurance, gains, etc?

I'm all for paying more for quality, but only if it counts and is actually worth it; otherwise I'm sticking with the bulks.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Try Atomic 7, xtend, recover pro...