Hard stool

cainb96

Awards
As anyone ever had hard stool as a result of to many supplements? I'm just taking basics (protein, creating, vitamins, fish oil). The first part of my stool is is a rock and then it's normal. Hurts like a mother f'er sometimes. I've been adding benefiber to my shakes and that seems to help a little. Anyone else had this and what seemed to help?

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
I, for one, have to be careful when taking vitamin D3, calcium, and the enzyme bromelain. Any of those three, in excess, and often when accompanied with a higher protein intake, means I'm ****ting bricks. Or, worse, like having one of those things from the movie, Phantasm, pass through. Not fun.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Too much protein and not enough green vegs/soluble fiber can cause you to have these issues. Increase your veg intake, water intake, and if need be take a stool softener for a few days to become more regular. Also when your body tells you to go, just go, waiting can cause this as well and make it harder to go next time round.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too much protein and not enough green vegs/soluble fiber can cause you to have these issues. Increase your veg intake, water intake, and if need be take a stool softener for a few days to become more regular. Also when your body tells you to go, just go, waiting can cause this as well and make it harder to go next time round.
All good advice here but, these 2 are paramount.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There were times where I was on at least 10 different supplements - I'm talking brands, not even ingredients in them - and I've never had a problem with my stools. Funny enough, up until last year I used to have serious bowel problems akin to IBS - not the kind where you have constant diarrhea, but the kind where you are constantly constipated. What helped? Water intake helped a bit; upping my green intake helped a lot, but it didn't cure the problem by any means; upping my healthy fats while dropping carbs, woah!!! I did that, and now I'm afraid to enter a bathroom. Sometimes I even consider carrying an extra roll of TP with me it can be so crazy.

So my recommendation: up water intake, eat your veggies, decrease your carb intake from breads/wheats/etc, and increase your healthy fat intake (bump it up at least 80g, if not 100g+), then hold on tight cuz it's gonna come flying out!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[video=youtube;_rTGBnzRqOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rTGBnzRqOQ[/video]

treningsfrik75

treningsfrik75

Awards
Been there. found the problem. I just couldnt handle casein protein.
Are you using casein?

PVL

Banned
Awards
great advice.......mostly just the absence of fiber and digestion problems breaking food down. also water intake.........

jared767

Awards
Drink a warm glass of water an hour before you take your breakfast. And at least 2 glasses of water on your succeeding meal

PVL

Banned
Awards
Drink a warm glass of water an hour before you take your breakfast. And at least 2 glasses of water on your succeeding meal
good advice bro........most of the time its from dehydration

cainb96

Awards
Dr. said that I'm backed up. He asked if my belly was distended which it is and I've never had a belly my whole life and I'm 33. This just started a few months ago about the same time as the hard stool. He put me on Miralax for a full days but it isn't helping any. At this point I want all the crap stuck inside of me out so my stomach will go back to looking normal. I have like zero body fat anywhere else on my body. My arms, legs, chest are all muscle, just my stomach looks like I I drink beer 24/7. I'm starting to obsess over it. The doc also did a abdominal x-ray and a blood test to check for iron. The doc just so happened to be leaving for vacation for a week as I was his last patient for the day so now I have zero response for a week. I'm ready for a enema or something to get this crap out. uggggh.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Take the miralax for a few weeks it takes a while for it to kick in. It sucks water into your colon and makes the stools easier to pass so drink a lot of water on it as well. Ive used it before it feels like its not working but it will start to usually after a week

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
Been there. found the problem. I just couldnt handle casein protein. Are you using casein?
I thought this was worth highlighting, as I sort of found the same. I say sort of, because I think the typical high calcium content of casein was a factor in my version of that nightmare. During digestion, casein forms these clumps that eventually assemble further down the tract. So, these will link and bulk up. That's one thing; the calcium, for me, basically solidifies it, making it brutal.

I was taking a micellar casein, whose single serving of 24g protein included 75% of the RDA of calcium. I was taking two scoops! Not to mention, for a time, I was eating a good bit of mozzarella cheese in parallel! That's the kind of ****, pun intended, I want to wish on my worst enemies!

Since finding TruSciences Caseinator, which is a milk protein isolate and contains only 32% RDA calcium per scoop, I've had an easier time so far. And, I've also been consciously taking more magnesium to help offset some of this.

To the OP: Glad that you got checked, and I sympathize with your plight. I know you have been given direction to take something, so it's probably not worth fooling with... but for me, I know a few cups of milk, high dose magnesium, or 4 tbsp of MCT oil will get things "running" if I need relief. Of course, as others have pointed out, replenish with fluids.

cainb96

Awards
Did anybody have a distended belly from being backed up so much?

Christopher89

Awards
You need more water and fiber in diet. I mean, you need vegetarian foods, rice and all food that contains fiber.
Don't drink milk empty stomach. So, hopefully you have got the idea. Don't rely on drugs.