Adding ice cream to a shake?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I have some chocolate powder and I've been hearing a lot of people add ice cream to their shakes/gainers to get in extra calories. I've never done it before so I would like some tips if possible...

I don't even really eat ice cream too much myself so im going to have to research the nutrition content but a lot of people seem to use it.

Basically I have chocolate powder should I use vanilla ice cream or cookies and cream? I don't want the want the flavor to be two over powered by chocolate :D
Is there a certain "kind" of ice cream to look out for?

Also I plan on adding in bananas and p butter, so I'm just curious for any ideas thanks. :)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fit Freeze Protein Ice Cream looks good for your purpose.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good idea, hell you buy that at?

I was looking for some grocery store type stuff :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but i prefer make my own

UNSWEETENED Almond Milk Vanilla and Coconut Milk Blend and two scoops of low carb good protein powder VOILA!

noway55

Awards
I have a hard time believing that eating traditional store bought ice cream regularly on a bulk is effective for anything except fat gain

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have a hard time believing that eating traditional store bought ice cream regularly on a bulk is effective for anything except fat gain
Hear so many ppl do it!

Roniboney

Awards
Hear so many ppl do it!
Though total caloric intake determines weight gain I will add my 2 cents in.When I climbed from 135 to 190 I had to add ice cream into my diet to get in enough calories.I was eating about 5000kcal at the time.I do think I should have added something more wholesome however.

If you need the kcal its a nicer idea than a weight gainer shake thats for sure

Roniboney

Awards
Hear so many ppl do it!
Though total caloric intake determines weight gain I will add my 2 cents in.When I climbed from 135 to 190 I had to add ice cream into my diet to get in enough calories.I was eating about 5000kcal at the time.I do think I should have added something more wholesome however.

If you need the kcal its a nicer idea than a weight gainer shake thats for sure

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
if you can do it, id do a good flavore like peanutbutter cup lol

healthy, no. tastes amazing... you bet ya.

but rice dream seems to be acceptable.

if you want calories make your own nut butter with pecans and macadamia nuts the most high calorie nut. add in a superfood like cacao powder or cacao nibs, then stevia to sweeten.

eat that like candy. and its not bad for you. they also happen to be the nuts and super food with the most fiber (in terms of fiber and carbs.)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I know one combo that tastes like it has ice cream in it, if you take two scoops of muscle milk chocolate mixed with one scoop chocolate whey and one cup milk with one cup crushed ice....then blend it up....tastes really good. Not quite like ice cream, but if you were not looking for the extra calories but for the taste with lots of protein it actually tastes good. But ice cream tastes good as a mofo in blended shakes, too fattening for me though.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established

You can buy it online, but no idea how they ship it and if it is sealed to be frozen gain. I know they ship eggwhiyes frozen, so I assume the same but not sure.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
You can buy it online, but no idea how they ship it and if it is sealed to be frozen gain. I know they ship eggwhiyes frozen, so I assume the same but not sure.
nah dude u add **** to it then freeze it yourself,

scam ****.

get an icecreeam maker do it yourself.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah I was saying I was about to buy that ****

ianbell121

Awards
looks very heavier shake to me with ice cream and chocolate. but ice cream from traditional store do not contains any cream. then withdraw cream and then put some chemical to taste ice cream better.