Blender Ideas/Recepies

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just picked up a new 450 wat 10 speed 56oz blender for $20....

I came from a smaller one and I'm just looking for different ideas on what to mix in there :)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
In a response to this and your other one about ice cream, i used to have a terrible tasting protein *cough* *** brand *cough* yea i was young and stupid. But to make it taste better i made shakes completely disregarding health i bought frozen bags of mixed berries, some fruit juice and strawberry sherbet mixed it all togethor in a blender tasted amazing. During the time i was just getting into lifting and don't remember how it affected me but it tasted damn good.

If your bulking i wouldn't mind adding some ice cream to shakes just look at the labels pick the right ones.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In a response to this and your other one about ice cream, i used to have a terrible tasting protein *cough* *** brand *cough* yea i was young and stupid. But to make it taste better i made shakes completely disregarding health i bought frozen bags of mixed berries, some fruit juice and strawberry sherbet mixed it all togethor in a blender tasted amazing. During the time i was just getting into lifting and don't remember how it affected me but it tasted damn good.

If your bulking i wouldn't mind adding some ice cream to shakes just look at the labels pick the right ones.
Thx

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Peanut butter, honey, yogurt, oats, just about anything! I like vanilla protein, PB, honey, and ice with water mixed! That's my shake of choice! Every once in a while I add a banana!!

Milspec

Milspec

Awards
This is what I have every morning.
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of extra thick rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
  • 1 cup greek nonfat yogurt
  • 1/2 cup raw egg whites (Pasteurized in the carton)
  • 2 scoops Muscletech economy protein (vanilla)
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
The Myfitnesspal APP tells me this is 1039 calories, 17g fat, 98g protein, 131g carbs

I just do variations on this, before the above, I used to do pomegranate juice instead of milk, and isopure flavorless protein instead of the muscle tech stuff, just mix and match, etc etc...

Last edited:
bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I am using vanilla myofusion and I used 3 Clementine oarnges, 2 protein scoops, milk, and ice. It tasted pretty good

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
During a bulk .. 2-3 scoops vanilla protien, a banana, two tbspn natural peanut butter, cup of 1% milk ..

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is what I have every morning.

[*]1 banana
[*]1 cup of extra thick rolled oats
[*]2 tbsp whole flax seeds
[*]1 cup greek nonfat yogurt
[*]1/2 cup raw egg whites (Pasteurized in the carton)
[*]2 scoops Muscletech economy protein (vanilla)
[*]2 cups skim milk
[*]1/2 cup frozen blueberries
The Myfitnesspal APP tells me this is 1039 calories, 17g fat, 98g protein, 131g carbs

I just do variations on this, before the above, I used to do pomegranate juice instead of milk, and isopure flavorless protein instead of the muscle tech stuff, just mix and match, etc etc...
I do something similar. Either way how does fitnass pal add that up...

Milspec

Milspec

Awards
I do something similar. Either way how does fitnass pal add that up...
Fitness pal has an option to make your own recipes, in this function you can scan the bar code of foods and it will load all nutritional value in and you just pick the correct serving size. It's a pretty cool feature.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Fitness pal has an option to make your own recipes, in this function you can scan the bar code of foods and it will load all nutritional value in and you just pick the correct serving size. It's a pretty cool feature.
I love this app!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Walmart has bags of frozen strawberries and rasberries. Nothing added to them, just the fruites. I use them instead of ice for strawberry flavored proteins.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Walmart has bags of frozen strawberries and rasberries. Nothing added to them, just the fruites. I use them instead of ice for strawberry flavored proteins.
Nice

ianbell121

Awards
excellent. put some orange with it.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1 cup of frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
Splash of lime juice
1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese (or vanilla yogurt~however, I encourage you to try cottage cheese- it balances the sweet/salty flavors and it tastes great, not to mention, it’s high in protein!)
... 1 tbs of sweetener of choice (OR to taste~use less if using diet soda that is already sweetened)
8-10 ice cubes (may use less/more depending on desired consistency)
1/2-3/4 cup lime flavored sparkling water (or diet 7 up) (more or less depending on desired consistency)
1-2 Scoops of Muscle Gauge Nutrition Vanilla Pure Whey Isolate
*Optional: 2 tbs Cool Whip to make creamier, Lime or strawberry to garnish, Pinch of guar or xanthan gum to thicken,
Method:
1.Place the strawberries, lime juice, cottage cheese (or yogurt), and sweetener in blender. Note: If using Cool Whip add it to the blender during this step!
2.Add the ice, followed by the sparkling water (or diet soda). Blend until smooth.
3.Pour into a large glass, garnish with whip cream or a wedge of lime.