Endgame Strategy After Starving Yourself

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Okey doke. I done goofed. Let's not dwell on that fact. Let's help me figure out an endgame strategy... I'm 190 down from 280. Took over a year, nothing SUPER dramatic, but starving, sub-1,000 calorie dieting was employed... I figure I can keep it up for another 10 pounds, but once I get to 180 I will decide whether I want to recomp, or at least continue cutting, but healthy... I doubt at 180 I'll be lean enough to start adding LBM.

So far my only idea is to get a GDA and re-introduce calories and carbs sloooowwly.

Halp. :-/

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
How often do you get to lift? If it's a common schedule, like 3 days per week (M-W-F type), one possible scenario would be to increase the carbs a little bit on those days, since that's when they're most needed. You already know how to do the deficit thing, so you can sort of continue what you've been doing on the rest days. On the face of it, I think this would suit your needs because it's sort of gradual, and you won't absolutely have to have a GDA.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
How often do you get to lift? If it's a common schedule, like 3 days per week (M-W-F type), one possible scenario would be to increase the carbs a little bit on those days, since that's when they're most needed. You already know how to do the deficit thing, so you can sort of continue what you've been doing on the rest days. On the face of it, I think this would suit your needs because it's sort of gradual, and you won't absolutely have to have a GDA.
I actually haven't lifted in probably over a year... but I could do M-W-F.

That's a good idea, though. Carbs only on lifting days. Thanks.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Then is your vote to continue cutting (but with weights and normal calories) or recomp?

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
Then is your vote to continue cutting (but with weights and normal calories) or recomp?
I'm leaning toward doing both, myself. I'm in a similar spot where right now I am not that lean, but I could likely utilize an IF schedule to accomplish both. Initially, I would have to start off with lighter weights so that I could get reacquainted with the movements (and not injure tendons or joints). At this time, I'd cal / carb cycle -30/-10 % under my TDEE. This is supposed to have the effect of cutting.

Then, if or when I reached my desired amount of leanness, I could switch to a "standard recomp" according to the calculator, and cycle -20 / +20 % TDEE. By this point, I should, in theory, be lifting "more", whether it be poundage or volume... which is what the increased intake should allow.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Sounds logical. :33: