Lost 21 pounds and my stomach shrank :/

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
Ey guys,

Well about three weeks ago I had the stomach flu and lost around 10-12 pounds, but I recovered relatively quick. Then right after some personal issues come up and I've been depressed and haven't been able to eat. I've lost 21 pounds as of today and my stomach has shrunken. I try to eat even a slice of pizza and I can't finish the whole thing. I'm never hungry and whenever I try to force feed I just feel like I'm choking. I feel the weight just falling off of me and I feel weaker every day. Are there any methods that people use to kick start their appetite again? I really need help.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I find if you drink a lot of water with and around meals it expands your stomach a bit. Just start slowly and introduce bigger portions. Also, if i was you id be using protien shakes and weight gainers while your appetite is low to get your calories.

If you want supps to increase appetite i find Animal m-stack and pes anabeta do this well.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
I find if you drink a lot of water with and around meals it expands your stomach a bit. Just start slowly and introduce bigger portions. Also, if i was you id be using protien shakes and weight gainers while your appetite is low to get your calories.

If you want supps to increase appetite i find Animal m-stack and pes anabeta do this well.
Thanks man! I appreciate the quick response and excellent advice!

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Have you seen a doc to make sure its nothing serious? Not trying to freak you out or anything

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
This is likely a psychological issue more than anything else. You might consider going to some therapy sessions to see if they help during this time. Nothing wrong with that. Think of it as personal training for your brain.

mikestenger

mikestenger

Awards
Yeah, I'm with MDiocre. Could of course just be a lot of stress, but if you continue to have problems, definitely get it checked out.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
Good news brahs. I drank a 40g protein shake today. Felt like puking afterwards And it was only 20 ounces of liquid. Then I hit the gym, didn't go too heavy. Kept everything for 10-12 reps. Only lifted for an hour felt a little bit hungry, then I went into the sauna for 15 minutes and when I came out I was starving and had a craving for pho. So I decided to take the opportunity to eat a lot and go to my favorite pho joint. Ate a large bowl of shrimp pho. Hopefully I digest it quickly and can squeeze in another shake before bed. It's a start and is a whole or better than I have been eating

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
PYY has been shown in people with anorexia (which you had a case of)

PYY has been shown (gut hormone) to reduce appetite independant of leptin, which is strange. Correcting it may be tricky, i would try liquid cals to boost leptin, then diet with low cals to drop leptin and increase NPY (hunger signal) and see where that goes

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
When i am feeling a little a sick and not as hungry but need to eat something, I smoke pot. I believe pot can surpress some of the sickness feeling and give you some appetite. Although illegal in some countries and areas, I feel this is one of the best methods for countering appetite supression. :)
I've tried that. It kinda worked because I ate a ton (although not good foods) but the next day I was super hungry and ate good
Foods

bboyflash

Awards
As in Dessicated Liver Tabs?
Yes, they are loaded with tons of vitamins and has the entire family of b vitamins which helps with metabolism....doctors prescribe these to people with eating disorders to help increase their appietite...hope this helps

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

2nd that m-stack lol :)

kojack

Awards
your most likely depressed, since depression causes loss of appetite as well. take some testosterone and some mood enhancer. maybe sam-e.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ey guys,

Well about three weeks ago I had the stomach flu and lost around 10-12 pounds, but I recovered relatively quick. Then right after some personal issues come up and I've been depressed and haven't been able to eat. I've lost 21 pounds as of today and my stomach has shrunken. I try to eat even a slice of pizza and I can't finish the whole thing. I'm never hungry and whenever I try to force feed I just feel like I'm choking. I feel the weight just falling off of me and I feel weaker every day. Are there any methods that people use to kick start their appetite again? I really need help.
A few ways to kick start your metabolism are eating a lot of protein in smaller quantities. Make sure these are lean proteins, you want the cals to be low so you can eat more often. Spice your foods, using red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper in your meals. Some Herbal Remedies to help fight bloating: Bruchu, Cranberry, Dandelion, Horse Chestnut, Parsley and Uva Ursi .

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Try to eat fruits bro...avacados are good too...