- 12-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Here’s a recipe for a low carb bread made with broccoli, egg and flaxmeal. This bread is high in both fiber and protein and contains minimal carbs. Broccoli is also considered a superfood because of all of the vitamins and minerals it provides. While this isn’t your ordinary buttery bread loaf, it still tastes great and is a fantastic addition to your new “carb-free” menu! I cut my loaf in half and made it into two slices but you can also cut it into four slices if you want them smaller.
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Steam broccoli
3. In a bowl, beat the egg and egg whites
4. Add in flax, baking powder, almond milk and cooked broccoli
5. Pour the contents into a greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden
6. Remove form oven, let cool, and enjoy!
For more daily low carb and keto recipes check out Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips !
- 12-10-2011, 06:33 AM
I have gotta try this! Give my chicken a friend in the evening
- 12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Try putting a slice of melted cheese on top! It's even better! If you go to my site, another one of my favorite sides is a spinach cottage cheese bake. You can find it at www.sinorslim.com under the "sides" tab at the top! =)
Similar Forum Threads
- By SinOrSlim in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM
- By SinOrSlim in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
- By Deadlift3 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 37Last Post: 07-21-2009, 09:45 PM
- By hamper19 in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:44 PM