MONSTER

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Everyone always touts that energy drink are bad. It's suppose to be common knowledge.. I never really drink them for this reason but I didn't get much sleep las nite and I had class early this morning so I picked one up. I was reading the nutrition information and I realized its loaded with b vitamins and taurine. Only about 100 cals a serving. So how bad can they really be???

J_hulk2010

Awards
you should try the now one the zero calorie one its like a black and purplish color. taste the same but you wont feel as guilty lol

dpk20x

Awards
Yeah but they have tons of sugar and the zero carb ones are loaded with artificial sweetners. It's cool if you can get away with drinking one every so often but for me it was like a 3 a day habit at one point.

J_hulk2010

Awards
ya same here bro when i was working construction i was a low carb diet like maybe 20 carbs a day and it was hard to work like that so i would drink 2 monsters in the morning. 1 at break and 1-2 at lunch depending on how i feel lol man monster makes a crapload of money. i wanna make my own energy drink now may for the bbers lol full of protein and what not hahaha

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rockstar Sugar Free (White Can) & Rockstar Zero Carb (Blue Can)

^These are easily my favorites. They both contain 0g carbs and only 10 calories.

Rockstar>Monster :bigok:

I used to be a heavy consumer of energy drinks back in the day. ;)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Sugar Free Red Bull has a good profile, but they all taste like bad stuff to me
no matter if they're no cals, no sugar no whatever..I don't trust 'em
There are so many healthier things to drink

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rockstar Sugar Free (White Can) & Rockstar Zero Carb (Blue Can)

^These are easily my favorites. They both contain 0g carbs and only 10 calories.

Rockstar>Monster :bigok:
Blue Rockstar for sure. The new blue Monster from the Nitrous series is freakin delicious, and now they have the zero sugar/carb Import can too.
Rip It's Sugar free one is freaking amazing though. And a buck.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
There's 1 I like forget the name, they market it as a hang over recover an it's lemonade it's been a good 2-3 months since I had a can though.

Try to keep stims low now so when I need em I can use them sparingly and moderately.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's 1 I like forget the name, they market it as a hang over recover an it's lemonade it's been a good 2-3 months since I had a can though.

Try to keep stims low now so when I need em I can use them sparingly and moderately.
Rockstar Recover? Yellow can? Or Rehab from Monster? Black can yellow print.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Blue Rockstar for sure. The new blue Monster from the Nitrous series is freakin delicious, and now they have the zero sugar/carb Import can too.
Rip It's Sugar free one is freaking amazing though. And a buck.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Monster Absolute Zero. I thought both of Rockstar's options of Zero Carb/Sugar were better.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I love monster absolute zero i think it tastes better then the low carb, i figure it won't make you fat or hurt your gains and im not paranoid when it comes to artificial sweetners.

J_hulk2010

Awards
thats what it was called lol absolute zero haha. i never tried the rockstar zero cal. might have to give it a try someday.

nokkT

Awards
I'm pretty sure that I'm addicted to energy drinks. I can't stop drinking them, no matter what they are. I feel slightly better if I buy all the low carb ones. Monster Absolute Zero, the blue can Rockstar, recently I've been seeing the no carb Lemonade version of Amp, and Xyience energy drinks are really good, too.

No joke... on weekends I drink 3-4 of these. I don't get rushes or anything, never have. I just like the taste of them. :/

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone always touts that energy drink are bad. It's suppose to be common knowledge.. I never really drink them for this reason but I didn't get much sleep las nite and I had class early this morning so I picked one up. I was reading the nutrition information and I realized its loaded with b vitamins and taurine. Only about 100 cals a serving. So how bad can they really be???

Coffee is much better. Plus its loaded with antioxidants. But I guess energy drinks are all the rage with young folks these days. They do come in pretty cans and I guess the younger crowd is attracted to that. Shiny stuff! Yeah!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
You know, dollar for dollar you would be better off drinking preworkout. Its much cheaper and many pwo have a lot more beneficial ingredients for your body in them.

malou

malou

Awards
It for me so hyper my skipped beats at the gym when lifting heavy. I had to stop. I just drink water now.

malou

malou

Awards
It made me so hyper my heart skipped beats...(.my phone got a mind on his own.)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree T-Bone.
I do think Coffee(black) is a far superior beverage.

I have recently quit all carbonated drinks. I didn't quit for all the obvious 'not good for you' reasons...they were giving my stomach really bad acid issues.

I still do have my beer from time to time though. :D

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely i also agree.. I rarely from coffe or energy drinks.. My preferred drink is green tea.. Not Arizona but the real thing with teabags lol

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely i also agree.. I rarely from coffe or energy drinks.. My preferred drink is green tea.. Not Arizona but the real thing with teabags lol
( in butthead voice) Ahhh huh huh he said teabags huh huh

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Either way just bought two Monster Absolute Zero and love em, found out they have 135mg of caffeine in them too.