How many eggs are too many

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

How many eggs are too many

hey guys whats up just curious
    how many eggs are too many. I eat about 10 per day. i live by and egg farm and they sell box's of 100 for 15 and 200 for 28 and so on.

plus where can i buy a tub of bcaa's

2. Registered User

Wowz!! You sir are lucky to live by such a place and to get eggs that cheap!!! As for your question, i really don't know how much is "too much" hopefully someone can chime in...
  3. Registered User

i was looking it up and i guess there was a study in the uk saying 2 eggs a week is enough but i call bs on that.

i also read that you can eat as much as you want. well not 100's a day but it wont have any negative affect on you seeing that the cholesterol in the eggs is good cholesterol. but then again idk with the amount of eggs i eat. ive had blood work done and my cholesterol is perfect

and yes it really is good to live by this place. later in life i plan on having my own chickens for this lol maybe about 20 lol and breed and eat them for there eggs, meat, and make so very soft pillows lol
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

How many can you eat before you vomit? That's when it's too much.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I eat about 5-6 eggs worth of whites and 2 full eggs every morning. That gets to be too much for me some days.

That is a pretty sick price that you get on them, though.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Eat as much as u can stomach my friend
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I would eat 5+ eggs a day for about 2 months... Now I can't eat eggs any more, don't burn out on them like i did!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworkz788
    I would eat 5+ eggs a day for about 2 months... Now I can't eat eggs any more, don't burn out on them like i did!
    I've been eating six eggs a day for months now.. I love em never get sick Of them. Yu gotta mix it up dude I hard boil em soft boil em scramble, Make sunny side(with a light spray of Pam of course) bunch of different omlets. i throw spinach onions peppers sometimes a lil chicken or tuna
  9. Registered User

i love eggs ive eaten them like crazy. i dont think i can burn out on them.

till this day i have never even been full off of eggs and ive eaten 12-15 at a time. they are honestly the best tasting thing i can eat. but then again i like the taste of grapefruit juice which most people dont like
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    I've been eating six eggs a day for months now.. I love em never get sick Of them. Yu gotta mix it up dude I hard boil em soft boil em scramble, Make sunny side(with a light spray of Pam of course) bunch of different omlets. i throw spinach onions peppers sometimes a lil chicken or tuna

that sounds good. ima have to try that. usually i make scrambled with onions and tomato
    or ill make a sunny side up egg and make a sandwich out of with it. put it between 2 peaces of whole wheat bread and man thats is awesome. sometimes messy but finger licking good
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I'm pretty sure if I didn't slow down, I'd burn out on them. Although they taste good, I have to put hot sauce or salsa in them at times to mix it up.

Grapefruit juice is gross...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.

yeah eggs are an awesome source of vitamins and protein. I get burned out on them if I eat them cooked too much so most of the time I eat them raw blended in my protein shakes with protein powder natty pb and some oats...mmmm. If I do want them cooked I usually have them with something vinegary like tabasco sauce. Another way I like them is 5 eggs sunny side up in a small frying pan with a little cheddar cheese on top, refried beans mixed with left over taco meat and salsa on top.
    Another option if you don't want to eat raw eggs but still want the convenience of having them liquid you can pasteurize them. I just put a bunch of eggs in a pot and turn the heat to medium low heat and stir them constantly until the thermometer reads 134 degrees F. Then I put them in empty water jugs and they stay good in the fridge for a month or so. Whenever you want to add some quality protein and fats to your shakes just pour a little in. It's kind of a lot of work but if you're burnt out on eggs this is a great way to fit them in.
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

I usually boil mine. I don't really like eggs taste too much.
    If I want to use my blender and mix the eggs in there should I cook them first or can I just crack it open not cooked and pour it in?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I usually boil mine. I don't really like eggs taste too much.
    If I want to use my blender and mix the eggs in there should I cook them first or can I just crack it open not cooked and pour it in?
    Some people worry about salmonella but that's extremely, extremely rare and I've heard it can cause a vitamin b6 deficiency if you eat them raw alot.
    I guess I live on the dangerous side but if you want them still liquid and salmonella free I explained in post #12 how to do that.
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSisback82

Some people worry about salmonella but that's extremely, extremely rare and I've heard it can cause a vitamin b6 deficiency if you eat them raw alot.
    I guess I live on the dangerous side but if you want them still liquid and salmonella free I explained in post #12 how to do that.
    I may try the crack and just blender them method and see if I can even taste them in my shakes.... Can you?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I may try the crack and just blender them method and see if I can even taste them in my shakes.... Can you?
    No not really it just makes your shakes creamier. I like it actually.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Raw eggs are usually fine - you won't absorb the protein as well (There's some studies on pubmed regarding this IIRC), but it's really a non issue unless you're consuming tons of raw eggs.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

If your main source of fiber is from the trace egg shells that come off onto your egg, you might be eating too many eggs.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How many can you eat before you vomit? That's when it's too much.
    This
    Truth
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

If I ate that many a day I would probably start growing feathers.
    I usually eat 5 in the AM, but I get sick of them real quick.
  21. Registered User

Eat them till your farts start smelling like eggs.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Wow you've got a deal there, go for as much as your stomach can take haha
  23. Registered User

2/Per Day

I am taking 2 eggs per day. I think that's enough for a normal person. But, for the body builders and the sports persons 4eggs are good per day. 2 in the morning with a glass of milk and 2 in the evenings.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSisback82 View Post
    biotin actually, and you would have to eat an absurd amount of raw egg whites to have this happen
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreywhites View Post
    I am taking 2 eggs per day. I think that's enough for a normal person. But, for the body builders and the sports persons 4eggs are good per day. 2 in the morning with a glass of milk and 2 in the evenings.
    Do you have any reason whatsoever for this post or do you just like to arbitrarily give out opinions with no real backing or reason. But on this topic take as many eggs or egg whites as youd like to fit into your macros its a great and cheap protein source.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    biotin actually, and you would have to eat an absurd amount of raw egg whites to have this happen
    ah biotin...you're right...my bad
  27. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreywhites View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want to be normal?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  28. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Any1 tried those liquid eggs?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by J_hulk2010 View Post
    hey guys whats up just curious
    how many eggs are too many. I eat about 10 per day. i live by and egg farm and they sell box's of 100 for 15 and 200 for 28 and so on.
    In case it wasn't already made apparent by the masses, this is awesome. I don't think I've ever had more than 6 in one day. Gonna have to change that, soon! Might have to fix me up a hot dog omelette before football starts.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Hopefully everyone here that eats 5+ whole eggs per day doesn't have high cholesterol lol
  31. Registered User

Hopefully everyone here that eats 5+ whole eggs per day doesn't have high cholesterol lol
    Cholesterol in diet has little to nothing to do with blood cholesterol levels.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Cholesterol in diet has little to nothing to do with blood cholesterol levels.
    For most people this is true. The body is supposed to down regulate how much cholesterol it produces based on how much you get in your diet. However for someone who has high cholesterol they have something wrong with this mechanism and should watch how many whole eggs they eat. I don't have this problem I can eat whatever the hell I want any mine doesnt pass 130. But if someone is >250 I'd watch my egg consumption.
  33. Registered User

I'm not even sure high cholesterol even causes heart disease. I've been meaning to look into this.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Its not really a causative factor it's more a "risk factor". You can have high risk factors and never have a heart attack or issues. And cholesterol itself has less impact on blood cholesterol values compared to saturated fats but egg yolks contain good amounts of both. But if you don't have any abnormal blood values and you are in good health eat all the eggs you want.
  35. Registered User

Its not really a causative factor it's more a "risk factor". You can have high risk factors and never have a heart attack or issues. And cholesterol itself has less impact on blood cholesterol values compared to saturated fats but egg yolks contain good amounts of both. But if you don't have any abnormal blood values and you are in good health eat all the eggs you want.

I wouldn't call it a risk factor at all. Saturated fats also are not bad for you at all. Check out this video,

So high cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease. Glucose is the bad guy here.
  36. Registered User

37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I wouldn't call it a risk factor at all. Saturated fats also are not bad for you at all. Check out this video,

So high cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease. Glucose is the bad guy here.
    I'm not going to get into it but there are tons of studies showing the effects saturated, monounsaturated, and PUFAs have on blood values of cholesterol, hdl, and ldl. This is a video from someone telling you to buy their product.. and I didnt watch the whole thing but Ill check it out again later. And yes it is a risk factor it is correlated to people who have these issues. It is not causative but high blood cholesterol and high ldl are risk factors used by every physician in the country. Whether or not you agree/believe that they are risk factors is another story. This is all im going to say about this I dont feel like going back and forth.
  38. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

But as you yourself admitted, dietary cholesterol has so little effect on your actual cholesterol levels and even then, IF you already had high cholesterol and IF dietary cholesterol would add to this, there is still very little evidence that having overall high cholesterol increases your heart risk at all anyway. Same goes for saturated fats.

The specific kind of cholesterol you have that is elevated is far more important than overall cholesterol being higher. Small dense LDL particles (note not all LDL but specifically the smaller more denser ones) are the ones that have an involvement in the process of inflammation, but dietary fat or dietary cholesterol doesnt produce these lipoproteins. It is actually a diet that is high in simple carbs that would lead to them. Furthermore, it really isnt the cholesterol itself that is to blame but the inflamation (again which is caused by a diet high in simple carbs NOT dietary fat or cholesterol intake.
    Now for a little more on LDL... When it is oxidized it does pose a threat. What oxidizes them? Free radicals. Where do these free radicals come from? Mainly from trans fat, (which I assume we all know is bad and obviously arent included when I say "dietary fat" ). Now to add even more to this, fruits and veggies contain plenty of antioxidents which will help combat these free radicals. So.. If ones diet is low in trans fat, low in simple carbs and high in veggies and fruit you shouldnt fear dietary fat (with the exception of trans fat) or dietary cholesterol. These high carb/ low fat diets that are pushed onto us are far more damaging then any amount of eggs you eat
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  39. Registered User

"In Framingham, Massachusetts, the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower people's serum cholesterol. We found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, at the most calories weighed the least and were the most physically active."

- Dr. William Castilli, Director of the Framingham Heart Study, "Concerning The Possibility Of A Nut...." Archives of Internal Medicine.
  40. Registered User

"The idea that saturated fats cause heart disease is completely wrong, but the statement has been "published" so many times over the last three or more decades that it is very difficult to convince people otherwise unless they are willing to take the time to read and learn what produced the "anti-saturated fat agenda." - Dr Mary Enig, Consulting editor to The Journal Of The American College Of Nutrition, President Of The Maryland Nutritionists Association, And Word-Renowned Lipids Researcher, "The Oiling of America."
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  2. Raw eggs
    By Pipes in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 06:11 AM
  3. Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health