How many eggs are too many

J_hulk2010

Awards
hey guys whats up just curious
how many eggs are too many. I eat about 10 per day. i live by and egg farm and they sell box's of 100 for 15 and 200 for 28 and so on.

plus where can i buy a tub of bcaa's

Bryanz47

Awards
Wowz!! You sir are lucky to live by such a place and to get eggs that cheap!!! As for your question, i really don't know how much is "too much" hopefully someone can chime in...

J_hulk2010

Awards
i was looking it up and i guess there was a study in the uk saying 2 eggs a week is enough but i call bs on that.

i also read that you can eat as much as you want. well not 100's a day but it wont have any negative affect on you seeing that the cholesterol in the eggs is good cholesterol. but then again idk with the amount of eggs i eat. ive had blood work done and my cholesterol is perfect

and yes it really is good to live by this place. later in life i plan on having my own chickens for this lol maybe about 20 lol and breed and eat them for there eggs, meat, and make so very soft pillows lol

nokkT

Awards
I eat about 5-6 eggs worth of whites and 2 full eggs every morning. That gets to be too much for me some days.

That is a pretty sick price that you get on them, though.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would eat 5+ eggs a day for about 2 months... Now I can't eat eggs any more, don't burn out on them like i did!

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I would eat 5+ eggs a day for about 2 months... Now I can't eat eggs any more, don't burn out on them like i did!
I've been eating six eggs a day for months now.. I love em never get sick Of them. Yu gotta mix it up dude I hard boil em soft boil em scramble, Make sunny side(with a light spray of Pam of course) bunch of different omlets. i throw spinach onions peppers sometimes a lil chicken or tuna

J_hulk2010

Awards
i love eggs ive eaten them like crazy. i dont think i can burn out on them.

till this day i have never even been full off of eggs and ive eaten 12-15 at a time. they are honestly the best tasting thing i can eat. but then again i like the taste of grapefruit juice which most people dont like

J_hulk2010

Awards
I've been eating six eggs a day for months now.. I love em never get sick Of them. Yu gotta mix it up dude I hard boil em soft boil em scramble, Make sunny side(with a light spray of Pam of course) bunch of different omlets. i throw spinach onions peppers sometimes a lil chicken or tuna

that sounds good. ima have to try that. usually i make scrambled with onions and tomato
or ill make a sunny side up egg and make a sandwich out of with it. put it between 2 peaces of whole wheat bread and man thats is awesome. sometimes messy but finger licking good

nokkT

Awards
I'm pretty sure if I didn't slow down, I'd burn out on them. Although they taste good, I have to put hot sauce or salsa in them at times to mix it up.

Grapefruit juice is gross... :)

BOSSisback82

BOSSisback82

Awards
yeah eggs are an awesome source of vitamins and protein. I get burned out on them if I eat them cooked too much so most of the time I eat them raw blended in my protein shakes with protein powder natty pb and some oats...mmmm. If I do want them cooked I usually have them with something vinegary like tabasco sauce. Another way I like them is 5 eggs sunny side up in a small frying pan with a little cheddar cheese on top, refried beans mixed with left over taco meat and salsa on top.
Another option if you don't want to eat raw eggs but still want the convenience of having them liquid you can pasteurize them. I just put a bunch of eggs in a pot and turn the heat to medium low heat and stir them constantly until the thermometer reads 134 degrees F. Then I put them in empty water jugs and they stay good in the fridge for a month or so. Whenever you want to add some quality protein and fats to your shakes just pour a little in. It's kind of a lot of work but if you're burnt out on eggs this is a great way to fit them in.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I usually boil mine. I don't really like eggs taste too much.
If I want to use my blender and mix the eggs in there should I cook them first or can I just crack it open not cooked and pour it in?

BOSSisback82

BOSSisback82

Awards
I usually boil mine. I don't really like eggs taste too much.
If I want to use my blender and mix the eggs in there should I cook them first or can I just crack it open not cooked and pour it in?
Some people worry about salmonella but that's extremely, extremely rare and I've heard it can cause a vitamin b6 deficiency if you eat them raw alot.
I guess I live on the dangerous side but if you want them still liquid and salmonella free I explained in post #12 how to do that.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Some people worry about salmonella but that's extremely, extremely rare and I've heard it can cause a vitamin b6 deficiency if you eat them raw alot.
I guess I live on the dangerous side but if you want them still liquid and salmonella free I explained in post #12 how to do that.
I may try the crack and just blender them method and see if I can even taste them in my shakes.... Can you?

BOSSisback82

BOSSisback82

Awards
I may try the crack and just blender them method and see if I can even taste them in my shakes.... Can you?
No not really it just makes your shakes creamier. I like it actually.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Raw eggs are usually fine - you won't absorb the protein as well (There's some studies on pubmed regarding this IIRC), but it's really a non issue unless you're consuming tons of raw eggs.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your main source of fiber is from the trace egg shells that come off onto your egg, you might be eating too many eggs.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
If I ate that many a day I would probably start growing feathers.
I usually eat 5 in the AM, but I get sick of them real quick.

LdLax236

Awards
Wow you've got a deal there, go for as much as your stomach can take haha

Andreywhites

Awards
2/Per Day

I am taking 2 eggs per day. I think that's enough for a normal person. But, for the body builders and the sports persons 4eggs are good per day. 2 in the morning with a glass of milk and 2 in the evenings.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
biotin actually, and you would have to eat an absurd amount of raw egg whites to have this happen

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I am taking 2 eggs per day. I think that's enough for a normal person. But, for the body builders and the sports persons 4eggs are good per day. 2 in the morning with a glass of milk and 2 in the evenings.
Do you have any reason whatsoever for this post or do you just like to arbitrarily give out opinions with no real backing or reason. But on this topic take as many eggs or egg whites as youd like to fit into your macros its a great and cheap protein source.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Any1 tried those liquid eggs?

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
hey guys whats up just curious
how many eggs are too many. I eat about 10 per day. i live by and egg farm and they sell box's of 100 for 15 and 200 for 28 and so on.
In case it wasn't already made apparent by the masses, this is awesome. I don't think I've ever had more than 6 in one day. Gonna have to change that, soon! Might have to fix me up a hot dog omelette before football starts.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully everyone here that eats 5+ whole eggs per day doesn't have high cholesterol lol

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol in diet has little to nothing to do with blood cholesterol levels.
For most people this is true. The body is supposed to down regulate how much cholesterol it produces based on how much you get in your diet. However for someone who has high cholesterol they have something wrong with this mechanism and should watch how many whole eggs they eat. I don't have this problem I can eat whatever the hell I want any mine doesnt pass 130. But if someone is >250 I'd watch my egg consumption.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Its not really a causative factor it's more a "risk factor". You can have high risk factors and never have a heart attack or issues. And cholesterol itself has less impact on blood cholesterol values compared to saturated fats but egg yolks contain good amounts of both. But if you don't have any abnormal blood values and you are in good health eat all the eggs you want.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not really a causative factor it's more a "risk factor". You can have high risk factors and never have a heart attack or issues. And cholesterol itself has less impact on blood cholesterol values compared to saturated fats but egg yolks contain good amounts of both. But if you don't have any abnormal blood values and you are in good health eat all the eggs you want.

I wouldn't call it a risk factor at all. Saturated fats also are not bad for you at all. Check out this video,

So high cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease. Glucose is the bad guy here.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't call it a risk factor at all. Saturated fats also are not bad for you at all. Check out this video,

So high cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease. Glucose is the bad guy here.
I'm not going to get into it but there are tons of studies showing the effects saturated, monounsaturated, and PUFAs have on blood values of cholesterol, hdl, and ldl. This is a video from someone telling you to buy their product.. and I didnt watch the whole thing but Ill check it out again later. And yes it is a risk factor it is correlated to people who have these issues. It is not causative but high blood cholesterol and high ldl are risk factors used by every physician in the country. Whether or not you agree/believe that they are risk factors is another story. This is all im going to say about this I dont feel like going back and forth.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But as you yourself admitted, dietary cholesterol has so little effect on your actual cholesterol levels and even then, IF you already had high cholesterol and IF dietary cholesterol would add to this, there is still very little evidence that having overall high cholesterol increases your heart risk at all anyway. Same goes for saturated fats.

The specific kind of cholesterol you have that is elevated is far more important than overall cholesterol being higher. Small dense LDL particles (note not all LDL but specifically the smaller more denser ones) are the ones that have an involvement in the process of inflammation, but dietary fat or dietary cholesterol doesnt produce these lipoproteins. It is actually a diet that is high in simple carbs that would lead to them. Furthermore, it really isnt the cholesterol itself that is to blame but the inflamation (again which is caused by a diet high in simple carbs NOT dietary fat or cholesterol intake.
Now for a little more on LDL... When it is oxidized it does pose a threat. What oxidizes them? Free radicals. Where do these free radicals come from? Mainly from trans fat, (which I assume we all know is bad and obviously arent included when I say "dietary fat" ). Now to add even more to this, fruits and veggies contain plenty of antioxidents which will help combat these free radicals. So.. If ones diet is low in trans fat, low in simple carbs and high in veggies and fruit you shouldnt fear dietary fat (with the exception of trans fat) or dietary cholesterol. These high carb/ low fat diets that are pushed onto us are far more damaging then any amount of eggs you eat

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"In Framingham, Massachusetts, the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower people's serum cholesterol. We found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, at the most calories weighed the least and were the most physically active."

- Dr. William Castilli, Director of the Framingham Heart Study, "Concerning The Possibility Of A Nut...." Archives of Internal Medicine.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The idea that saturated fats cause heart disease is completely wrong, but the statement has been "published" so many times over the last three or more decades that it is very difficult to convince people otherwise unless they are willing to take the time to read and learn what produced the "anti-saturated fat agenda." - Dr Mary Enig, Consulting editor to The Journal Of The American College Of Nutrition, President Of The Maryland Nutritionists Association, And Word-Renowned Lipids Researcher, "The Oiling of America."

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
But as you yourself admitted, dietary cholesterol has so little effect on your actual cholesterol levels and even then, IF you already had high cholesterol and IF dietary cholesterol would add to this, there is still very little evidence that having overall high cholesterol increases your heart risk at all anyway. Same goes for saturated fats.

The specific kind of cholesterol you have that is elevated is far more important than overall cholesterol being higher. Small dense LDL particles (note not all LDL but specifically the smaller more denser ones) are the ones that have an involvement in the process of inflammation, but dietary fat or dietary cholesterol doesnt produce these lipoproteins. It is actually a diet that is high in simple carbs that would lead to them. Furthermore, it really isnt the cholesterol itself that is to blame but the inflamation (again which is caused by a diet high in simple carbs NOT dietary fat or cholesterol intake.
Now for a little more on LDL... When it is oxidized it does pose a threat. What oxidizes them? Free radicals. Where do these free radicals come from? Mainly from trans fat, (which I assume we all know is bad and obviously arent included when I say "dietary fat" ). Now to add even more to this, fruits and veggies contain plenty of antioxidents which will help combat these free radicals. So.. If ones diet is low in trans fat, low in simple carbs and high in veggies and fruit you shouldnt fear dietary fat (with the exception of trans fat) or dietary cholesterol. These high carb/ low fat diets that are pushed onto us are far more damaging then any amount of eggs you eat
Thank you for the biochemistry lesson but you are wasting your words. It is a simple correlation that they do have studies backing regarding cholesterol and hdl/ldl blood levels and heart disease risk. You will find physicians on both sides its called controversy it exists in every area of health.

Edit: didnt mean to come off sounding rude but I wasn't arguing the biochemical basis of what causes heart disease simply arguing that if you have high cholesterol already why would you exacerbate the situation by eating a large amount of cholesterol and sat fat in your diet...where it does not make a HUGE difference but anything that you can change in your diet can help. And the only other point I was making is that sat fats do increase both hdl and ldl this is backed by solid studies. And both ldl and cholesterol values are used as risk factors and there is a correlation between high cholesterol and high ldl and heart disease.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Instead of quoting random people how about you all use pubmed and find me articles refuting what I was speaking regarding risk factors. You can find quotes on both sides of the issues those mean nothing.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
And yes I admitted the effect of cholesterol in diet is less compared to saturated fat. Cholesterol in the diet still does have an effect though minor. Saturated fats increase both hdl and ldl this has been shown in many studies as well. And ldl is the single biggest risk factor for heart disease this still has not changed.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the biochemistry lesson but you are wasting your words. It is a simple correlation that they do have studies backing regarding cholesterol and hdl/ldl blood levels and heart disease risk.
Yes and no..

There is a correlation between total cholesterol and CVD BUT only in the case of high triglycerides as well. But again this is only a correlation and is the equivalence to saying "there is an correlation between driving a car and death". Yes there is a relationship there, but not a causal one. Sure you could probably show some study showing a correlation of having high total cholesterol levels and having higher CVD risk but the key is understanding the relevance of the study and what is missing. If your only argument is correlation than Im sorry but the convo is over. I can make correlation examples all day long between tons of different things but this does not prove a relationship.

"hey I have this pencil and since I have been carrying it I havent seen a tiger. One day I didnt have my pencil with me (when my school took a field trip to the zoo) and I saw TONS of tigers. The next day I carried my pencil and zero tigers. I think my pencil keeps tigers away" ... See the problem?

Instead of quoting random people how about you all use pubmed and find me articles refuting what I was speaking regarding risk factors.
How about you take your advice and find me some evidence between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol? I mean that is what this thread is about correct? The impact of eating eggs right? That would be the first step, to establish a relationship between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol. Then we can proceed to discuss the relationship between serum cholesterol and CVD risk, but since this thread is on the consumption of eggs then I see no reason to go back and forth between serum cholesterol and CVD risk if you cant show me a relationship between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yes and no..

There is a correlation between total cholesterol and CVD BUT only in the case of high triglycerides as well. But again this is only a correlation and is the equivalence to saying "there is an correlation between driving a car and death". Yes there is a relationship there, but not a causal one. Sure you could probably show some study showing a correlation of having high total cholesterol levels and having higher CVD risk but the key is understanding the relevance of the study and what is missing. If your only argument is correlation than Im sorry but the convo is over. I can make correlation examples all day long between tons of different things but this does not prove a relationship.

"hey I have this pencil and since I have been carrying it I havent seen a tiger. One day I didnt have my pencil with me (when my school took a field trip to the zoo) and I saw TONS of tigers. The next day I carried my pencil and zero tigers. I think my pencil keeps tigers away" ... See the problem?

How about you take your advice and find me some evidence between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol? I mean that is what this thread is about correct? The impact of eating eggs right? That would be the first step, to establish a relationship between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol. Then we can proceed to discuss the relationship between serum cholesterol and CVD risk, but since this thread is on the consumption of eggs then I see no reason to go back and forth between serum cholesterol and CVD risk if you get show me a relationship between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol.
For the first point you made yes I agree it is only a CORRELATION..I admitted that from the start lol. Risk factors are nothing but correlations they are not causative obviously. The reason I kept bringing that up is because the first "debate" on this thread arose when it was denied that ldl/cholesterol were risk factors. They are in fact risk factors.

And to the second point http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002/NSECTIONGROUP=2. Hopefully the mayoclinic can be considered an acceptable source. Dietary cholesterol has an effect it is a matter of (in(diet) + produced) - (out + removed/destroyed) = net balance. There is a mechanism that down regulates how much cholesterol the body makes depending on how much you have in your diet. Removing some from your diet would be an option to lower this though studies have shown it makes a difference though i agree not a HUGE difference...but everything helps.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
And with that you are right I say we stop arguing it is not going to get us anywhere. Good day to everyone.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Now that this is over, how do you guys cook your eggs

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
10 eggs is a lot imo, 10 egg whites would be good but too many eggs can lead to high cholesterol levels.
Please no one respond to this I dont want to start an argument again LOL

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 eggs is a lot imo, 10 egg whites would be good but too many eggs can lead to high cholesterol levels.
Did you even attempt to read the thread before posting?