Random food allergies

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
So this weekend was f*cking awful for me. Monday last week I start itching at my ankles and it spread up to my wrists on Tuesday. Didn't become suspicious of it until Thursday. Friday morning, say 3-4AM, I wake up in agony ravaging my legs with my nails to find I've broken out all over my arms and legs. I managed to get through work but it progressively took over my body through the weekend. I left work early Saturday and took two sick days (not proud of that). Now I'm on 60mg prednisone and its getting better but still sucks!

I'm theorizing it's a food allergy to either perch or cottage cheese, although the allergist suspects a type IV reaction by contact much like poison ivy. My question is: has anyone ever had an allergy to ONE food but not an entire food group? I don't have problems with whey/dairy but could it just be cottage cheese alone? Same goes for fish/shellfish. Trying to figure out what happened here.

I'm itching (pun intended) to lift again. I wanna hit a cross-train bis/tris but worried ill get worse. Has anyone ever doesnt a workout with hives breakout? Is this a bad idea? I mean im not contagious and its not gonna spread. Thanks.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes.

I can drink milk or whey shakes no problem but casein shakes make me break out and reflux.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Usually hives from food presents itself very differently. I would have broken out the first day I ate it and resolved the issue within a day or so. That and benadryl or hydrocortisone would have been effective as it would be a histamine reaction. Also, the breakout would be much more evenly distributed.

This built over the course of a week. And its manifest is rather sporadic. Much more like a type 4 hypersensitivity reaction like poison ivy. Whatever, nothing 60mg of prednisone cant fix.

I had a good lift though. Im trying a cross train bicep/tricep every other week to build up some stubborn growth points.

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
It is definitely possible.

Best option is to go see a good naturopath (make sure they're well reviewed on google, some of them are f'n nuts and don't know anything) and tell them you want to get some food sensitivity tests done.

That or find a practitioner owned supplement store online with a doc or NP that will give you a free or inexpensive phone consultation after you get the results back. Food sensitivity is often a cause of MANY problems for tons of people and most of them never know until they get tested. I can't think of any brands off the top of my head, but with a few searches and a bit of research, you'll be able to find them. Find a good brand/lab test, google it, and go through the first 10-20 online stores that sell it; one is bound to provide a phone consultation.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Huh, never thought of doing something like that. I might just look into it. Right now Im gonna finish the prednisone to knock this out (almost gone!) then do the patch testing with the allergist to see contact reactions to see what caused this. BUt I'm curious to see if I do in fact have any food allergies, I dont think so..

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunatly allergies can brew up anytime. I suddenly became allergic to eggs a few months ago.... Used drink em like water....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Usually hives from food presents itself very differently. I would have broken out the first day I ate it and resolved the issue within a day or so. That and benadryl or hydrocortisone would have been effective as it would be a histamine reaction. Also, the breakout would be much more evenly distributed.

This built over the course of a week. And its manifest is rather sporadic. Much more like a type 4 hypersensitivity reaction like poison ivy. Whatever, nothing 60mg of prednisone cant fix.

I had a good lift though. Im trying a cross train bicep/tricep every other week to build up some stubborn growth points.
When I have a reaction to casein it is usually sporadic with where I break out at. Sometimes it will be only on my forearms, or on my ankles, or my neck, etc.. It has never been really spread out.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
This was much more on my extremities, less on the torso. And on my ear lol

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
psoriasis?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No way. My mother thought it was coxsackie - I was amused.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
No way. My mother thought it was coxsackie - I was amused.
go get an allergy test done... nobody here is qualified to speculate - but since youre asking, maybe your allergic to wheat

N

nokkT

Awards
Agreed to go get a test done. Guy at work was feeling miserable for about two weeks before he final went and found he had just developed a gluten allergy. He wouldn't have known if he didn't go.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im scheduled to do the testing but gotta wait till the drugs clear the system. Not gonna rule out wheat but i think its something very specific