Back into things... need diet advice...

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
OK where to begin.. about 5 months ago i was in probally the best shape i been in then randomly.. stopped going to the gym... toke a week off which turned into a month.. which turned into 5 months... anyway... I never could get my diet down.. i work two jobs from 7am-2pm then from 4pm to 12pm... ya it sucks.... i go to the gym around 230... leave around 330... so my diet has to be quick and easy... which was always a problem... so I concluded my diet isnt going to be the best or even close... I really just want to stay in shape not even get huge... so long story short im looking for about 1700-1800 calaories on workout days.... im 200lbs now about 20 perfecet fat.. 5'9".

here is my diet.. it isnt great but I think it may help me perserve some musle while losing fat.. btw only 4 meals a day.. around 300-600 calories

Breakfast: 4oz lunch meat about 120 calories 19 protein 2 fat 4 carb
2 slices of wheat bread 200 7 protein 5 fat 40 carb
glass of 2 percent milk 8oz 130 caloreis 5g fat 8 protein 12 carb

LUNCH(right after workout):
Large salad. not sure how much calories in salad but not much.
6oz of chicken breast 170 calaories 36g protein 4 fat. 0 carb
salada dressing usally around 0 fat 0 protein 5 carb
large thing of milk 250 calories 10fat 16 protein 28 carb

* help on lunch... would be nice something with some more protein thats quick.. i like milk but fat gets high...

SNACK
Pistachios nuts about 300 calaories worth of them.... 24g of fat 16 carb 11 protein
Greek yogurt 150 calories 0 fat 20 carb 16 protein

DINNER
Stir fry...
brocilli, peppers, onions all mixed into a skillet... made on sunday.. .
6oz of venison... got enough to last me to summer..255 calories 0 carb 5 fat 50 protein

TOTAL MACROS calories 1570 roughly give or take 75...

Protein 165 grams ......

Carb 120 grams.....

Fat 55 grams......

seems like macros are ok for a cutting thing... trying to maintain muscle... maybe in the morning or after workout with the milk i drink I should as a scoop or whey protien powder? it would add another 20-25 grams of protein and only another 100 calories...

so how does that look? seems like it would be really clean... nothing to dirty in it...

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...what % milk is that? You could try skim for less fat. Also some non-fat cottage cheese would be great to throw in for some extra protein. I like making a salad with:
Lettuce, Red peppers, onions, couple cans of tuna, low fat dressing with cottage cheese on the side. If you are doing cardio, and lifting you could honestly raise the protein and cals a little imo, move it up to 200g a day of protein...or even 250...

jmcg5291

Awards
I would say try and up your carbs..beans are an easy quick and on the go food along with maybe some ezkiel bread also up your pritein with maybe some cottage cheese and deff some shakes...also it all depends on the person my body reacts well to a high carb (healthy carbs) and moderate fat diet (healthy fats) but everyones different. Keep trying new things and make aure you keep up your intensity throuh your workouts.