When to eat simple carvs and when to eat complex

newman897

newman897

Awards
From what I hear you should eat simple carbs after a workout to feed your muscles faster. Is it bad to eat simple carbs all day or atleast try to or should ya throw some complex ones in to and when ? Right now goals are to gain weight and muscle mass.

jmcg5291

Awards
Up your complex carbs for suree simple carbs can be added around workout time but are not recommended ato any oother time of day. Atleast in my opinion..my suggestion is to figure out how many carbs you want to consume in the day and then break that up throughout the day. Say you wabt to consume 250 grams a day. I would have some at breakfast complex some at some mid morning , lunch , and preworkout. Also you can consume fast carbs after workout but i would just reccomend fruit or somethin healthy your deciscion tho. I dont always practice what i preach but all of this works best for me simple carbs will not build muscle like beans quinoa qhile grain bread ext.

aceroni

Awards
I agree with the guy above, but also i think that some simple carbs are good for breakfast.. Although if you want to stay fuller longer id suggest both simple and complex for breakfast. I usually have 1c oats and 1 large bananna.. While a banana isnt exactly simple because it takes more than 1 step to digest, it has sugars in it so yaaaa its alot faster than the oats..
But ya dude simple for breakfast and all simple after your workout..
Ive been adding dextrose powder (simple sugar) and whey into my workout where i sip it throughout the whole training session. WHen i am done i try to get a solid meal within a half hour after that usu 1-2c white rice and (preferably) 60~ grams of pro from steak..

jmcg5291

Awards
Ya i was actually gonna add somethin about breakfast.

newman897

newman897

Awards
Nice for breakfast usually make a fruit smoothie cup of oats 2 bananas some strawberries and a couple nuts...I do eat some bananas after working out

aceroni

Awards
nice dude sounds good, probably throw a protein scoop or two in that shake if you're not eating any real meat / eggs for breakfast.

newman897

newman897

Awards
Usually have protein shake on side of that and make eggs when I can I hate doing dishes lol

Selena

Awards
I find all this calories and carbs calculation to be so confusing. I try to be aware of what I am eating and have a good breakfast. Complex carbs keep me full for a long time, so I go with oatmeal.