Simple vs complex carbs: the last word?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I don't know if you get these over there, but I get this stuff. No HFCS, or anything like that, and they have all the replicas of the good stuff.
    http://momsbestnaturals.com/

2. Sponge Bob cereal, cinna toast crunch, cinna-bon cereal etc....

I always am a nutcase and will use water mixed with vanilla protein to replace milk and add protein into the extreme insulin response....but yes almond milk/coconut milk would suffice.

I know carbs are the SOLE PURPOSE for refeeding and protein is typically not worried about BUT I just want to maximize my high insulin levels and drive aminos into cells.....

obsessive compulsive man....
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Sponge Bob cereal, cinna toast crunch, cinna-bon cereal etc....

I always am a nutcase and will use water mixed with vanilla protein to replace milk and add protein into the extreme insulin response....but yes almond milk/coconut milk would suffice.

I know carbs are the SOLE PURPOSE for refeeding and protein is typically not worried about BUT I just want to maximize my high insulin levels and drive aminos into cells.....

I do the same thing, as I said above. I am just recommending he not use actual milk(not going to help potential GI issues IMO)
    Almond milk
    Coconut milk
    Either of those with protein powder..
    Water with protein

I have eaten so much cereal with protein powder/water as my "milk" it tastes weird without it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post

Exactly, that's what I'm gonna do, just put a bit of whey in water and use that
    with cereals, as for which ones I got, listed them above
    One type sugary/honey coated, and one almost no sugar (Rice Krispies have 77gr of carbs but only 7gr of sugar x 100gr of product, good profile)

What do you think?
    I think that is fine.

Eat whichever cereals you like, and WANT to eat. Make it enjoyable. I eat like Matt Porter posted. I don't avoid sugar at all.

I eat rice crispy....treats...lol

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I don't know if you get these over there, but I get this stuff. No HFCS, or anything like that, and they have all the replicas of the good stuff.
    http://momsbestnaturals.com/
    I can check if I can find something like this on the organic sections, I'm sure there's gonna be something like that

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Sponge Bob cereal, cinna toast crunch, cinna-bon cereal etc....

Absolutely, I'm all excited now about the cereals lol, for some reason I didn't think about them up until now,
    plus I have the choice of trying the Krispies (no sugar) or the sugary ones.. and see how it goes.

Definitely gonna use a bit of whey with water with them, that's also how I was doing it
    when eating them years ago.

indeed
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I do the same thing, as I said above. I am just recommending he not use actual milk(not going to help potential GI issues IMO)
    Almond milk
    Coconut milk
    Either of those with protein powder..
    Water with protein

I have eaten so much cereal with protein powder/water as my "milk" it tastes weird without it..lol

I think that is fine.

Eat whichever cereals you like, and WANT to eat. Make it enjoyable. I eat like Matt Porter posted. I don't avoid sugar at all.

I eat rice crispy....treats...lol
    Same for me, i don't like milk and I'm used to water/whey as my milk as well

Indeed, I'ma also pick a box of some that I want and enjoy eating,
    I think that will also play a BIG part of how many carbs I'll be able to eat, you know?
    With oats.. damn, I can shove those down my throat only that much..

•   

6. So whats the consensus on simple vs complex to sum it up in laymans?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    So whats the consensus on simple vs complex to sum it up in laymans?
    Like anything else. Try both, and form your own opinion.

There are arguments for both sides. There are people who get into insane condition eating both. There is no definitive answer, IMO.

8. I did simple thinking it would be anabolic. And I got fat. Doc told me to lose weight lol.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112
    I did simple thinking it would be anabolic. And I got fat. Doc told me to lose weight lol.
    Right lol
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

10. I know by definition it was an anabolic effect but it wasn't like all the articles said. I stay away from simple when I can. I like orange juice in the morning.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112
    I know by definition it was an anabolic effect but it wasn't like all the articles said. I stay away from simple when I can. I like orange juice in the morning.
    Rights that mostly consides with what I read.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112
    I did simple thinking it would be anabolic. And I got fat. Doc told me to lose weight lol.
    Without knowing more, we can't draw much from this, but sounds like you did it wrong

13. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

Without knowing more, we can't draw much from this, but sounds like you did it wrong
    Didn't like my glycobol offer?

14. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Didn't like my glycobol offer?

Decided to go a different route. I have a gda stock pile going. Other then bcaa it is the only other supp I use these days lol.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

Decided to go a different route. I have a gda stock pile going. Other then bcaa it is the only other supp I use these days lol.
    I got cha Frank...
    I also take it u like ABC evening news

16. I even used recompadrol during my simple carb diet.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112 View Post
    I even used recompadrol during my simple carb diet.
    Ok..lol

You could use t3, gh, test, tren, and var, and if your diet is ****, you will get fat.

There is no telling, as you haven't posted anything in regards to your diet.

This thread is about refeeds. Were you refeeding?

18. No I was just comparing simple to complex like the thread title suggested and u r right I wasn't refeeding I was going overboard thinking more is better.

19. ill take some glycobol!

20. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    ill take some glycobol!
    Seems you really want to earn some glycobol

There's a lot of contest going on have you participated in any?

21. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Seems you really want to earn some glycobol

There's a lot of contest going on have you participated in any?
    i have......jsut think it woudl work real good when im takin in at least 200 grams of carbs in one meal during my bulk on lean gains

22. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    i have......jsut think it woudl work real good when im takin in at least 200 grams of carbs in one meal during my bulk on lean gains
    There's a sale that will get u 50% off a swole stack.

U get a test booster, an OTC estrogen control test booster and glycobol for $55 shipped!

23. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    Honestly if your carbs are post-workout it isn't as important, especially on LG.

24. well they arent all post.... still woudl be cool to see what it coudl do............. and id love to do that stack but test boosters wont do aynthign for me nfortunateyl since i am on androgel :-(

25. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    well they arent all post.... still woudl be cool to see what it coudl do............. and id love to do that stack but test boosters wont do aynthign for me nfortunateyl since i am on androgel :-(
    Then buy a $27 dollar bottle of glycobol on sale..lol

How do you split them. I typically kinda "carb backload" with only 25g in my fast breaker at 12noon, and 150+ post workout at 5.

26. Yeah u can get the swole stack for an extra $20.

The test boosters can be used as part of a PCT protocol

27. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Yeah u can get the swole stack for an extra $20.

The test boosters can be used as part of a PCT protocol
    He just said he is on androgel broseph..lol Not going to do much for someone in that scenario.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    He just said he is on androgel broseph..lol Not going to do much for someone in that scenario.
    Got cha

29. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Then buy a $27 dollar bottle of glycobol on sale..lol

How do you split them. I typically kinda "carb backload" with only 25g in my fast breaker at 12noon, and 150+ post workout at 5.
    since my fast breaker is usuall y psot workout its usually about 200g at about 2-3 o clock then another 70 later on and another 20-30 in the last meal......

if i have a pre w/o meal as a fast breaker its usually about 75 carbs an anywhere form 130-150 post workout round 5-6 and naother liek 20-30 before bed....those days tend to be lower in carbs just cuz i still ahve an issue with 200 carbs at 6 at night so i jsut replace cals with protein and fat

30. Just wanted to give a heads up on this one since
    so many of you helped me with this. As far as stomach issues and "being able to eat"
    as many carbs as I'm suppose to for the refeed, the cereal experiment seems to work
    like a charm!

Today was "annihilation workout", not just depleting and worth mentioning,
    following Dr Houser advice yesterday i've been able to completely cut carbs, ZERO
    to completely deplete for today's refeed.
    And tomorrow will be another superheavy day (deadlift/squats/abs)

Anyways:

I've been able to eat 160gr of carbs so far and I have just another 170 to go
    but I actually can't wait because I'm enjoying the cereals a lot. Now I hope the results
    will be as enjoyable as the eating but so far so good, and no GDA either (again as Doc Houser
    suggested me on the GDAs thread)
    No problems at all at keeping the fats to trace and protein to the same amount minus 40gr

We'll see, I feel good tho'

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Complex carbs supps vs simple carbs after workout ?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. Post Workout Carbs ---Simple or Complex?
    By bakerderek0 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
  3. Simple vs Complex and timing
    By Pipes in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM
  4. Simple/Complex carbs clarification
    By Deltaflaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 11:16 PM