What do you pack for lunch at work?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    ohiostate2827's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    56594
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    71.84%

    What do you pack for lunch at work?


    Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..

  2. New Member
    0071982WC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    1168
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    39.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827
    Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..
    Turkey sandwich, pecans, baby carrots and Greek yogurt.
  3. PITBULL915
    Guest
    PITBULL915's Avatar

    My diet is pure dianabol.

    Haha, jk, chicken breast and brown rice in tupperware.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    311670
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    51.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Peanut butter honey sandwich greek yogurt ckn breast whole grain pasta
  5. PITBULL915
    Guest
    PITBULL915's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    Peanut butter honey sandwich greek yogurt ckn breast whole grain pasta
    Peanut Butter Honey? Winter bulk?
  6. Senior Member
    fame126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    311670
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    51.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PITBULL915

    Peanut Butter Honey? Winter bulk?
    All year long bulk when u only weigh 155 lol
  7. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    904
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    91.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Damn, 155? Sounds like you need more in that brown bag, alot more.
  8. New Member
    GetBent's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    64
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    0.25%

    I smoke two big salmon filets about 3lbs total, on monday and put them in the fridge for the week, when I dont take salmon I take the large can of tuna (65grams of protein) mix it with pico and about two table spoons of olive oil. The salmon and tuna switch back and forth for my ten am snack. Then for lunch its some kind of chicken and posta or beef mostly leftovers from the night before. I also have four jumbo boiled eggs and greek yogart at 8am or so.
  9. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    904
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    91.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I know for myself (ectomorph) I had to keep the diet high in low glycemic carbs to put on any weight... Oats, baked sweet potatoes, quinoa, whole wheat bread.. All things you can pack...
  10. New Member
    Cantell's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%

    2 tuna sandwiches, 2 yougurts, 1 string cheese.
  11. New Member
    jasonfildew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    42
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

    Hey, I'm 5'7" weigh 70kg train 4/5 times a week my daily food intake is for breakfast porridge and a protein shake, at 10am 1 ham sandwich on wholemeal bread with a handful of grapes and strawberries then at 1pm another ham sandwich with a yogught, an orange and 300gs of cottage cheese then a shake after the gym then a meat based dinner and a shake before bed and can't put any weight on!! Can u help?! Cheers
  12. New Member
    bombers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    75
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    44.72%

    I've been craving tuna melts lately so im gonna try to make a healthy version of it soon.
  13. New Member
    tubbednova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

    4 oz lean pork on brown rice(1/2c) sweet potatoe(4.2oz)califlower,whole wheat english muffin,med apple work at stinking fed-ex as loader so need the carbs(cals)seasioned all with red pepper,black pepper,cinn,ect...seems to work best for me,this is on hard training days too it changes as time at work does and training intensity does.
  14. New Member
    divo006's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.91%

    for first break i eat 2 packets of oatmeal, one bottle of milk off the break truck and a doughnut off the break truck. for second break 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches....everyday unless i run out of something or forget.
  15. New Member
    mugen112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by divo006
    for first break i eat 2 packets of oatmeal, one bottle of milk off the break truck and a doughnut off the break truck. for second break 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches....everyday unless i run out of something or forget.
    Lol?
  16. New Member
    divo006's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by mugen112 View Post
    Lol?
    what? lol
  17. New Member
    wutsrealgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    52
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    48.83%

    chicken breasts and brown rice
  18. New Member
    Diabolik's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    753
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%

    2 natural PB&J, turkey burger with fat free cheddar on whole wheat, chicken breast with brown rice, protein shakes and bars. Sometimes almonds and turkey burritos.
  19. New Member
    mugen112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%

    Wienerschnitzel!
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,809
    Rep Power
    3734733
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Taliapia & sweet potato fries today & for tomorrow 2
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  21. New Member
    mugen112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%

    Bringing salad for my coworkers and me.
  22. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham, brown rice with chicken, protein shake with oats.
  23. Banned
    Tboz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    80.67%

    PBJ. protein bar,,, yogurt.. Gatorade i usually make 2 burgers before i go and bring one with.
  24. Advanced Member
    HondaV65's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    52
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    2269
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    75.12%

    I normally don't pack a lunch ... there is a BBQ place down the road and I get a half chicken ... nothing else. I go to the window and the guy doesn't even ask me what I want - just throws the chicken at me. :P
  25. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    904
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    91.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfildew
    Hey, I'm 5'7" weigh 70kg train 4/5 times a week my daily food intake is for breakfast porridge and a protein shake, at 10am 1 ham sandwich on wholemeal bread with a handful of grapes and strawberries then at 1pm another ham sandwich with a yogught, an orange and 300gs of cottage cheese then a shake after the gym then a meat based dinner and a shake before bed and can't put any weight on!! Can u help?! Cheers
    Count the calories you are consuming and consider that your maintainance... Up it by at least 500 cals try it for 6 weeks... You will put on some weight...
  26. New Member
    brackett666's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  290 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    59
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    82.17%

    3 8- 10 ounce chicken breasts, Lean turkey sandwich with fat free sharp cheese, Natty PB on whole wheat, 2 protein shakes, I try and get eggs in the AM if im running late Ill take a protein shake and a Natty PB sandwich and I try to get some kind of lean ground beef for the day.
  27. Advanced Member
    kaikara's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    613
    Rep Power
    22007
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%

    I use those Asian seasoning packets at the grocery store. For lunch, I have half pound of diced chicken breast with 1/4 cup of white rice and veggies to suit in the Asian seasoning. Kung Pao Chicken is my favorite.

    For my snack at work between breakfast and lunch, I have half pound of ground beef (or turkey depending on the price) cooked in taco seasoning, topped with shredded cheese, salsa, and spinach. Wrap it in tortillas when ready to eat.
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,809
    Rep Power
    3734733
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kaikara
    I use those Asian seasoning packets at the grocery store. For lunch, I have half pound of diced chicken breast with 1/4 cup of white rice and veggies to suit in the Asian seasoning. Kung Pao Chicken is my favorite.

    For my snack at work between breakfast and lunch, I have half pound of ground beef (or turkey depending on the price) cooked in taco seasoning, topped with shredded cheese, salsa, and spinach. Wrap it in tortillas when ready to eat.
    Good ideas
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  29. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sliced organic london broil- `1 bag mixed veggies, sweet potato all smothered in olive oil

    turkey/quinoa meatballs ... organic ground turkey, chopped garlic, basil and quinoa

    chicken breast chopped up and cooked with stir fry and in a cheese sauce

    chopped veggies, shredded cheese, 4 hardboiled eggs sliced, 2 cans of tuna with apple cider vinegar/olive oil dressing
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  30. New Member
    AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    322
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    10.16%

    6 oz. Venison roast, 10 oz. spaghetti squash with 14g of smart balance/salt, and a 4 oz banana today.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com
  31. New Member
    mugen112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%

    Pork chops and rice
  32. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19728
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Staples- Hard boiled eggs (2-6), natty PB, packets of plain oatmeal, stevia packets (Now Foods), organic cinnamon and Whey isolate (in case I can't get a real meal in).

    varying meals-

    White meat chicken w/ taco seasoning w/ either a high fiber wrap or wild rice and steamed Brocc/cauliflower.

    Steak tenderloin w/ steamed brocc/cauliflower

    Chunk light tuna (packets or canned), apple or apple sauce, half a bell pepper, and a couple baby carrots.

    On rare occasions I'll bring in a couple pork chops, turkey meatballs, veggie pasta, whole wheat pasta, shrimp, rice&beans, almonds, walnuts or whole wheat pitas.
    :blindfold:
  33. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258615
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    9.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Grocery Store- Fresh cut meats


    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..
    I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.
  34. Advanced Member
    kaikara's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    613
    Rep Power
    22007
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.
    Or you can buy chicken breast for $1.99/lb. Save a crap load of money and not eat processed meat. You can even cut it up and put it on sandwiches!
  35. New Member
    mugen112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    21.13%

    Hell ya meat and rice FTW. Keeps me cut for sure
  36. dylangemelli's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    92.22%

    It really depends upon what your goals are to decide what you take to eat with you at work...

    Right now I take one big container (32 oz.) of greek yogurt - 520 calories 90 grams protein 0 fat
    2 protein bars - 180 cal each 20 g protein each
    1.5 servings of special k protein cereal 150 calories 15 grams protein
    2 servings of green beans
    1 serving of either chicken breast or tuna...

    I normally eat the same thing everyday and it works great for me throughout the work day... depending on what you are trying to accomplish, I could give you some good ideas to help... let me know...
  37. New Member
    Milspec's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    305
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    85.98%

    I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.
  38. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258615
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    9.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.
    Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)
  39. New Member
    Milspec's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    305
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    85.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)
    Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.
  40. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258615
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    9.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.
    here you go bro, eat this for lunch

    Turkey chili

    1 tbs chili powder
    2 tbs mexican oregeno
    1 medium red onion, chopped
    1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    2 serrano peppers, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 lb extra lean turkey
    1 4oz can tomato sauce
    handful of cilantro, chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste

    Coat nonstick skillet with spray and toast chili powder and oregeno until fragrant. Add onion, bell pepper, serrano peppers, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft. Add in turkey, season, and brown completely. After turkey has cooked, add in tomato sauce and simmer on low for ~30 minutes. Add in cilantro and stir though. Season to taste, if necessary. Makes four servings.

    Totals for entire recipe:

    source grams cals %total
    Total: 497
    Fat: 5 44 9%
    Sat: 0 1 0%
    Poly: 0 4 1%
    Mono: 0 1 0%
    Carbs: 41 132 27%
    Fiber: 8 0 0%
    Protein: 76 305 63%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
  2. Turning 4 pack into a 6 pack
    By potobori in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 02:51 AM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 12:46 AM
  4. 'Gym pill' for a no-work six-pack
    By Smokey69 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 12:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in