What do you pack for lunch at work?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..

PITBULL915

My diet is pure dianabol.

Haha, jk, chicken breast and brown rice in tupperware.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter honey sandwich greek yogurt ckn breast whole grain pasta

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Damn, 155? Sounds like you need more in that brown bag, alot more.

GetBent

Awards
I smoke two big salmon filets about 3lbs total, on monday and put them in the fridge for the week, when I dont take salmon I take the large can of tuna (65grams of protein) mix it with pico and about two table spoons of olive oil. The salmon and tuna switch back and forth for my ten am snack. Then for lunch its some kind of chicken and posta or beef mostly leftovers from the night before. I also have four jumbo boiled eggs and greek yogart at 8am or so.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I know for myself (ectomorph) I had to keep the diet high in low glycemic carbs to put on any weight... Oats, baked sweet potatoes, quinoa, whole wheat bread.. All things you can pack...

jasonfildew

jasonfildew

Awards
Hey, I'm 5'7" weigh 70kg train 4/5 times a week my daily food intake is for breakfast porridge and a protein shake, at 10am 1 ham sandwich on wholemeal bread with a handful of grapes and strawberries then at 1pm another ham sandwich with a yogught, an orange and 300gs of cottage cheese then a shake after the gym then a meat based dinner and a shake before bed and can't put any weight on!! Can u help?! Cheers

bombers

Awards
I've been craving tuna melts lately so im gonna try to make a healthy version of it soon.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
4 oz lean pork on brown rice(1/2c) sweet potatoe(4.2oz)califlower,whole wheat english muffin,med apple work at stinking fed-ex as loader so need the carbs(cals)seasioned all with red pepper,black pepper,cinn,ect...seems to work best for me,this is on hard training days too it changes as time at work does and training intensity does.

divo006

divo006

Awards
for first break i eat 2 packets of oatmeal, one bottle of milk off the break truck and a doughnut off the break truck. for second break 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches....everyday unless i run out of something or forget.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
for first break i eat 2 packets of oatmeal, one bottle of milk off the break truck and a doughnut off the break truck. for second break 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches....everyday unless i run out of something or forget.
Lol?

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
2 natural PB&J, turkey burger with fat free cheddar on whole wheat, chicken breast with brown rice, protein shakes and bars. Sometimes almonds and turkey burritos.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Taliapia & sweet potato fries today & for tomorrow 2

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham, brown rice with chicken, protein shake with oats.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
PBJ. protein bar,,, yogurt.. Gatorade i usually make 2 burgers before i go and bring one with.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I normally don't pack a lunch ... there is a BBQ place down the road and I get a half chicken ... nothing else. I go to the window and the guy doesn't even ask me what I want - just throws the chicken at me. :p

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm 5'7" weigh 70kg train 4/5 times a week my daily food intake is for breakfast porridge and a protein shake, at 10am 1 ham sandwich on wholemeal bread with a handful of grapes and strawberries then at 1pm another ham sandwich with a yogught, an orange and 300gs of cottage cheese then a shake after the gym then a meat based dinner and a shake before bed and can't put any weight on!! Can u help?! Cheers
Count the calories you are consuming and consider that your maintainance... Up it by at least 500 cals try it for 6 weeks... You will put on some weight...

brackett666

Awards
3 8- 10 ounce chicken breasts, Lean turkey sandwich with fat free sharp cheese, Natty PB on whole wheat, 2 protein shakes, I try and get eggs in the AM if im running late Ill take a protein shake and a Natty PB sandwich and I try to get some kind of lean ground beef for the day.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I use those Asian seasoning packets at the grocery store. For lunch, I have half pound of diced chicken breast with 1/4 cup of white rice and veggies to suit in the Asian seasoning. Kung Pao Chicken is my favorite.

For my snack at work between breakfast and lunch, I have half pound of ground beef (or turkey depending on the price) cooked in taco seasoning, topped with shredded cheese, salsa, and spinach. Wrap it in tortillas when ready to eat.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use those Asian seasoning packets at the grocery store. For lunch, I have half pound of diced chicken breast with 1/4 cup of white rice and veggies to suit in the Asian seasoning. Kung Pao Chicken is my favorite.

For my snack at work between breakfast and lunch, I have half pound of ground beef (or turkey depending on the price) cooked in taco seasoning, topped with shredded cheese, salsa, and spinach. Wrap it in tortillas when ready to eat.
Good ideas

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
sliced organic london broil- `1 bag mixed veggies, sweet potato all smothered in olive oil

turkey/quinoa meatballs ... organic ground turkey, chopped garlic, basil and quinoa

chicken breast chopped up and cooked with stir fry and in a cheese sauce

chopped veggies, shredded cheese, 4 hardboiled eggs sliced, 2 cans of tuna with apple cider vinegar/olive oil dressing

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
6 oz. Venison roast, 10 oz. spaghetti squash with 14g of smart balance/salt, and a 4 oz banana today.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Staples- Hard boiled eggs (2-6), natty PB, packets of plain oatmeal, stevia packets (Now Foods), organic cinnamon and Whey isolate (in case I can't get a real meal in).

varying meals-

White meat chicken w/ taco seasoning w/ either a high fiber wrap or wild rice and steamed Brocc/cauliflower.

Steak tenderloin w/ steamed brocc/cauliflower

Chunk light tuna (packets or canned), apple or apple sauce, half a bell pepper, and a couple baby carrots.

On rare occasions I'll bring in a couple pork chops, turkey meatballs, veggie pasta, whole wheat pasta, shrimp, rice&beans, almonds, walnuts or whole wheat pitas.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Grocery Store- Fresh cut meats

Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..
I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.
Or you can buy chicken breast for $1.99/lb. Save a crap load of money and not eat processed meat. You can even cut it up and put it on sandwiches! :)

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
It really depends upon what your goals are to decide what you take to eat with you at work...

Right now I take one big container (32 oz.) of greek yogurt - 520 calories 90 grams protein 0 fat
2 protein bars - 180 cal each 20 g protein each
1.5 servings of special k protein cereal 150 calories 15 grams protein
2 servings of green beans
1 serving of either chicken breast or tuna...

I normally eat the same thing everyday and it works great for me throughout the work day... depending on what you are trying to accomplish, I could give you some good ideas to help... let me know...

Milspec

Milspec

Awards
I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.
Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)

Milspec

Milspec

Awards
Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)
Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.
here you go bro, eat this for lunch

[h=2]Turkey chili[/h]
1 tbs chili powder
2 tbs mexican oregeno
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 serrano peppers, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb extra lean turkey
1 4oz can tomato sauce
handful of cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Coat nonstick skillet with spray and toast chili powder and oregeno until fragrant. Add onion, bell pepper, serrano peppers, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft. Add in turkey, season, and brown completely. After turkey has cooked, add in tomato sauce and simmer on low for ~30 minutes. Add in cilantro and stir though. Season to taste, if necessary. Makes four servings.

Totals for entire recipe:

source grams cals %total
Total: 497
Fat: 5 44 9%
Sat: 0 1 0%
Poly: 0 4 1%
Mono: 0 1 0%
Carbs: 41 132 27%
Fiber: 8 0 0%
Protein: 76 305 63%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%​

jared767

Awards
I usually stop by Potbelly and grab a chicken salad without bread ( since I need to keep my carbs low ) and have some ranch dressing.

For this meal, I was able to keep the carbs at 4 g and protein at 22 g. A little bit short for protein, so I sometimes double it. But before I order anything, I use nutritionix calculator to check the nutrition facts.

I also check out Baja Fresh and take some Carnitas with Flour Tortillas carbs:23 g and protein: 50 g