What do you pack for lunch at work?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Pork chops and rice

2. Staples- Hard boiled eggs (2-6), natty PB, packets of plain oatmeal, stevia packets (Now Foods), organic cinnamon and Whey isolate (in case I can't get a real meal in).

varying meals-

White meat chicken w/ taco seasoning w/ either a high fiber wrap or wild rice and steamed Brocc/cauliflower.

Steak tenderloin w/ steamed brocc/cauliflower

Chunk light tuna (packets or canned), apple or apple sauce, half a bell pepper, and a couple baby carrots.

On rare occasions I'll bring in a couple pork chops, turkey meatballs, veggie pasta, whole wheat pasta, shrimp, rice&beans, almonds, walnuts or whole wheat pitas.
    :blindfold:
    •   

3. Grocery Store- Fresh cut meats

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    Just trying to get some new ideas for lunch when im at work..
    I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    I would get some fresh deli-cut meat(lowest sodium possible) usually oven-roast or gold and make sandwiches on whole wheat or multigran bread with some light mustard, lettuce and tom. You can get 1-2 pounds of cut chicken or turkey for less than $20 and that makes about 5 sandwiches or so. I get 2 pounds of chicken two of turkey and just do a little of both meats. Def saves money on the lunch tab at restaurants.
    Or you can buy chicken breast for $1.99/lb. Save a crap load of money and not eat processed meat. You can even cut it up and put it on sandwiches!

5. Hell ya meat and rice FTW. Keeps me cut for sure
    •   

6. It really depends upon what your goals are to decide what you take to eat with you at work...

Right now I take one big container (32 oz.) of greek yogurt - 520 calories 90 grams protein 0 fat
    2 protein bars - 180 cal each 20 g protein each
    1.5 servings of special k protein cereal 150 calories 15 grams protein
    2 servings of green beans
    1 serving of either chicken breast or tuna...

I normally eat the same thing everyday and it works great for me throughout the work day... depending on what you are trying to accomplish, I could give you some good ideas to help... let me know...

7. I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    I was doing baked chicken breasts every day, but last week I'd been using a Weber beer can chicken seasoning that was actually quite delicious, anyway, it gave me some gnarly farts, so this week, I've started up Yams again. I eat a plain small Yam MWF, and a plain turkey and pumpernickel sandwich on tues-thurs. The yams are actually pretty good, I just poke fork holes in them in the morning at the house, then wrap a wet paper towel over them and microwave for 5 mins at lunch time.
    Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)

9. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Plain Plain Plain! You gotta mix it up bro, throw some cinnamon or spices on some of that stuff or else your going to go crazy and eat like 3 whole pizzas one day! Remember to cycle those carbs on and off so your Leptin levels stay high and your body doesn't reach starvation mode aka the point of no return! ;-)
    Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Yes, yes! Makes sense, ok, so higher leptin levels will keep the feeling of satisfaction and less hunger from the hypothalamus? So does this mean that these carbs will lower leptin levels?? And if so, any carbs, or just complex...or high glycemic vs. low glycemic...good info, keep it coming.
    here you go bro, eat this for lunch

Turkey chili

1 tbs chili powder
    2 tbs mexican oregeno
    1 medium red onion, chopped
    1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    2 serrano peppers, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 lb extra lean turkey
    1 4oz can tomato sauce
    handful of cilantro, chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste

Coat nonstick skillet with spray and toast chili powder and oregeno until fragrant. Add onion, bell pepper, serrano peppers, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft. Add in turkey, season, and brown completely. After turkey has cooked, add in tomato sauce and simmer on low for ~30 minutes. Add in cilantro and stir though. Season to taste, if necessary. Makes four servings.

Totals for entire recipe:

source grams cals %total
    Total: 497
    Fat: 5 44 9%
    Sat: 0 1 0%
    Poly: 0 4 1%
    Mono: 0 1 0%
    Carbs: 41 132 27%
    Fiber: 8 0 0%
    Protein: 76 305 63%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

11. I usually stop by Potbelly and grab a chicken salad without bread ( since I need to keep my carbs low ) and have some ranch dressing.

For this meal, I was able to keep the carbs at 4 g and protein at 22 g. A little bit short for protein, so I sometimes double it. But before I order anything, I use nutritionix calculator to check the nutrition facts.

I also check out Baja Fresh and take some Carnitas with Flour Tortillas carbs:23 g and protein: 50 g
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
  2. Turning 4 pack into a 6 pack
    By potobori in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 02:51 AM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 12:46 AM