Replace my creamer with what?

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I have been seeing commercials or ads about replacing the creamer in the coffee with a ohyeah shake... I think. Do you think it would work? or better yet cost effective using anything.... if I threw a powder in there you thinkit would work?

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
i dont know about the oh yeah shake but coffee or mocha flavored protein with coffee a few ice cubes and a little milk blended up is really good

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Went out and saw Boost on sale .... vitamin and protein.... sounds like a winner I will update you on how it works

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went out and saw Boost on sale .... vitamin and protein.... sounds like a winner I will update you on how it works
The stuff with 31g of carbs and 6g of protein? That's probably a lot more calories than you ever got from creamer if you're using full servings at a time.

Why not just use some good ole whey powder?

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
ummm i ..umm good point! I dont know what to say about the carbs part... i am going to go to the house and compare the two. i would imagine i would get about four cups of coffee out of each little bottle...maybe more so that would spread it out a little. A jug of whey is around 35 and a six pack of these ran me 3.99... kinda going for value with a little "boost" of healthy hahaha (he said "boost")

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
ummm i ..umm good point! I dont know what to say about the carbs part... i am going to go to the house and compare the two. i would imagine i would get about four cups of coffee out of each little bottle...maybe more so that would spread it out a little. A jug of whey is around 35 and a six pack of these ran me 3.99... kinda going for value with a little "boost" of healthy hahaha (he said "boost")
break it down by protein per serving. 1 serving of whey = 24ish grams of protein. 1 boost = 6 grams of protein. That means you need 4 boosts just go equal 1 scoop of whey. 4 boosts is also gonna give you a lot more sugar than you probably desire also.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boost is cheaper because it's mainly carbs. 6g of protein doesn't make it better for you, its just a selling point. 5lb of whey has about ~70-80 scoops.

So, if you pay $40 for 5lb, that's roughly 50 cents a scoop. Let's say you use a 1/4 scoop per cup of coffee - that's 12.5 cents per cup and 160 cups of coffee that you're prepared for.

Still pretty cheap and it doesn't have any filler carbs.

Jentry07

Awards
i dont know about the oh yeah shake but coffee or mocha flavored protein with coffee a few ice cubes and a little milk blended up is really good
Love this idea! What about just plain vanilla or chocolate powder? Have you tried those, or is it only the Mocha and coffee ones that taste good this way?
Thanks for sharing the idea! I love new ways to mix protein into foods/drinks I already love! :)

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Love this idea! What about just plain vanilla or chocolate powder? Have you tried those, or is it only the Mocha and coffee ones that taste good this way?
Thanks for sharing the idea! I love new ways to mix protein into foods/drinks I already love! :)
never tried plain vanilla or chocolate. But I have tried cinnamon bun protein with cinnamon bun flavored coffee and french vanilla coffee, those both come out great.

i would bet that vanilla and chocolate would come out really good as well.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Boost is cheaper because it's mainly carbs. 6g of protein doesn't make it better for you, its just a selling point. 5lb of whey has about ~70-80 scoops.

So, if you pay $40 for 5lb, that's roughly 50 cents a scoop. Let's say you use a 1/4 scoop per cup of coffee - that's 12.5 cents per cup and 160 cups of coffee that you're prepared for.

Still pretty cheap and it doesn't have any filler carbs.
Ok you got me there.... I guess I will use the boost to add cal... partial meal replacement...inbetween meal/snack

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plain vanilla is very tasty - makes the coffee sweet and creamy. Chocolate is a little more temperamental, but a good quality powder will result in a chocolate mocha flavor.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Real men drink there coffee black!

Personally I just use a splash if almond milk and torani syrup if I want something lighter and sweeter

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have coconut creamer out thats not bad n like 1 gm of sugar.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I am also looking for alternatives for my wife... just posted this becasue it will help us both
I can drink a good french roast or bold coffee...with nothing. I also like green tea hot kinds switches things up

lava135

Awards
I use the same thing as JudoJosh - almond milk and sugar free syrup

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Used some protein powder... definitly need to use half a scoop...I did taste frothy though, plenty sweet and tasty. I need to figure out some other ideas... like maybe a cappachino.