Egg Whites

  1. Egg Whites


    I Love eating egg whites as one of my main protein sources. But is it bad to have a few eggwhite meals throughout the day? I know you should get your protein intake from many sources but is it really that serious?


  2. As long as your having other whole food protein sources in your diet, I don't see the problem in this.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  3. Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    I Love eating egg whites as one of my main protein sources. But is it bad to have a few eggwhite meals throughout the day? I know you should get your protein intake from many sources but is it really that serious?
    As long as you hit your macros, it doesn't matter where the protein comes from.
    •   
       


  4. i htought i heard somewhee that too many egg whites can cause a biotin definciency i think it was....is this true?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    i htought i heard somewhee that too many egg whites can cause a biotin definciency i think it was....is this true?
    Read the link I posted. It is mentioned in there

  6. I fukcing love egg yolks great article!!!!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112 View Post
    I fukcing love egg yolks great article!!!!
    It's healthier then people think.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  8. I love the YOLK and if you aint eating them your missing out (unless you have a problem with cholesterol). Egg Whites is just another example of the Masses being Asses. If you workout and eat right you won't have a cholesterol problem (unless its in ur genetics) so by not eating the yolk you are cheating yourself out of many vitamins and minerals. Eat the YOLK Eat the yolk eat the yolk Eat it.
    Also almost half the protien in eggs is in the yolk so if you think by eating 3 egg whites ur getting about 20 grams of protien think again ur problem only getting about 10

  9. I think some people are missing the point.

    The point is this. If you have a macro target for a meal of say 45g protein/15g fat. You can not hit that with whole eggs.

    So "for me" I would hit my fat(whatever that may be) with yolk, and fill in the void with whites.

    Sometimes I would rather just eat all whites, and have my eggs with a piece of steak for my fat.

    Just depends.

  10. In the morning I throw 1 full egg in the pan (yolk).. But I am talking about having eggs throughout the day. If I feel like having another egg meal I just keep it strictly eggwhites

  11. ....and for some reason I feel so great eating eggs. My body feels better eating eggs I can't explain it

  12. Again, why are you avoiding the yolks? Are you getting another fat source during your meal? Or trying to avoid all fat in general?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I think some people are missing the point.

    The point is this. If you have a macro target for a meal of say 45g protein/15g fat. You can not hit that with whole eggs.

    So "for me" I would hit my fat(whatever that may be) with yolk, and fill in the void with whites.

    Sometimes I would rather just eat all whites, and have my eggs with a piece of steak for my fat.

    Just depends.
    Understandable but the OP seems to be avoiding all fat in general. Im sure if he was eating almonds or using EVOO or whatever he would have mentioned it.

  14. I dont avoid the yolk. I add 1 yolk to my meal but its mostly eggwhites. I do get fats from other sources. Omega-3 mayo from smart balance, almonds, natty pb, sweet potatos I eat alot of sweet potatos. I'm just asking if it's bad to eat eggs alot as one of my main sources of protein because I love eating eggs

  15. too bad sweet potatoes are fat free lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    too bad sweet potatoes are fat free lol
    Not if you put butter on them..duh...lol

  17. A 5 dozen pack of eggs is five bucks at wal Mart. Way cheaper and more beneficial than whey...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    ....and for some reason I feel so great eating eggs. My body feels better eating eggs I can't explain it
    You're not imagining that
    I've been keeping my diet steady
    for a long time and recently boosted cals a bit
    due to extreme wo sessions, different supplements
    and overall my body requiring more nutrients not to lose
    muscle.
    My cal boost came 90% from egg whites and I feel so much better.
    Egg whites are good for you, with that said, I eat 1 yolk a day
    and about 5/7 whites in form of dessert with whey or fat&carb free pancakes

    As for they yolk containing protein and vitamin, 80% of the protein in the
    egg is in the white, as for the vitamin, c'mon eating egg yolk as source of
    vitamin ain't that great, the fat vs everything else ratio is not worth it,
    especially when dieting/cutting, extra calories come with the yolk,
    not only nutrients and vitamins.. and especially considering most bb (if not all of us)
    supplement with fish oil and multivitamins, dosed so high you should eat 200 yolk
    to get the same amount

    Egg whites ftw
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  19. The yolk is important to me I need the fat.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mugen112 View Post
    The yolk is important to me I need the fat.
    For most people following some form of CKD this holds true as well.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  21. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    too bad sweet potatoes are fat free lol
    No when I prepare my sweet potatos I put the omega-3 mayo from smart balance on it. It's not really a mayo, its a subsitute that the company makes. It'a pretty good I spread it on alot of my food. But its all omega-3 fats

  22. Egg whites are a killer protein source and you can eat as many as you want.

    I wouldn't be eating 12 yolks per day, but whites are straight protein. Have at it.

  23. I just start bodybuilding and want take eggs for the strength, please guide me,
    In what form should I take white eggs for the strength. Please suggest me some recipe.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Mind
    Egg whites are a killer protein source and you can eat as many as you want.

    I wouldn't be eating 12 yolks per day, but whites are straight protein. Have at it.
    Raaaaaawwwwww!!! Jk lol cook them. In olive oil if u need fat or poach them in water if u can't have the extra fat.

  25. I always laugh when I see people cut out the yolk... It's the best part of the egg

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Fuzexd View Post
    I always laugh when I see people cut out the yolk... It's the best part of the egg
    It depends on the point of view.
    Taste wise? sure if you like it
    Vitamins and other goodies? Yes
    Problem is it also contains lotsa calories and fats,
    while the white is pure, cheap protein.

    I use something like 6/8 whites a day, if I ate
    8 whole eggs I'd get way too many cals just out of that
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions


  27. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    It depends on the point of view.
    Taste wise? sure if you like it
    Vitamins and other goodies? Yes
    Problem is it also contains lotsa calories and fats,
    while the white is pure, cheap protein.

    I use something like 6/8 whites a day, if I ate
    8 whole eggs I'd get way too many cals just out of that
    Damn, that's a lot of eggs! ha
    I don't eat that many eggs, so I guess I can get away with eating the whole egg.

  28. AutoKal not to argue ( especially because I could not find the source of my information and very well could be bro science) but I have heard the yoke had 3G of protein and the white had 4g. When I tried to find this I saw a lot of different answers about where and how much the protein was distributed.

    I am not saying your wrong and I very well could be. I just want to find out for my own purpose of meeting macros.

    Also regarding vitamins. How bioavailable are the ones in the yoke after being cooked? I eat a lot of whole hard boiled eggs.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    AutoKal not to argue ( especially because I could not find the source of my information and very well could be bro science) but I have heard the yoke had 3G of protein and the white had 4g. When I tried to find this I saw a lot of different answers about where and how much the protein was distributed.

    I am not saying your wrong and I very well could be. I just want to find out for my own purpose of meeting macros.

    Also regarding vitamins. How bioavailable are the ones in the yoke after being cooked? I eat a lot of whole hard boiled eggs.
    Not hard to find, here:

    Yolk

    W
    hite

    54 cals pretty much all fats against 16 cals protein
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. egg whites
    By beefydude in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM
  2. egg whites from the shell vs. egg whites from the carton
    By AjdUsmc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
  3. Egg whites Int
    By Brolic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:17 AM
  4. raw egg whites
    By massmonster in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 12:32 AM
  5. Egg Whites International liquid egg whites
    By Stingray in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Log in
Log in