Egg Whites

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I Love eating egg whites as one of my main protein sources. But is it bad to have a few eggwhite meals throughout the day? I know you should get your protein intake from many sources but is it really that serious?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as your having other whole food protein sources in your diet, I don't see the problem in this.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I Love eating egg whites as one of my main protein sources. But is it bad to have a few eggwhite meals throughout the day? I know you should get your protein intake from many sources but is it really that serious?
As long as you hit your macros, it doesn't matter where the protein comes from.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i htought i heard somewhee that too many egg whites can cause a biotin definciency i think it was....is this true?

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
I love the YOLK and if you aint eating them your missing out (unless you have a problem with cholesterol). Egg Whites is just another example of the Masses being Asses. If you workout and eat right you won't have a cholesterol problem (unless its in ur genetics) so by not eating the yolk you are cheating yourself out of many vitamins and minerals. Eat the YOLK Eat the yolk eat the yolk Eat it.
Also almost half the protien in eggs is in the yolk so if you think by eating 3 egg whites ur getting about 20 grams of protien think again ur problem only getting about 10

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think some people are missing the point.

The point is this. If you have a macro target for a meal of say 45g protein/15g fat. You can not hit that with whole eggs.

So "for me" I would hit my fat(whatever that may be) with yolk, and fill in the void with whites.

Sometimes I would rather just eat all whites, and have my eggs with a piece of steak for my fat.

Just depends.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
In the morning I throw 1 full egg in the pan (yolk).. But I am talking about having eggs throughout the day. If I feel like having another egg meal I just keep it strictly eggwhites

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
....and for some reason I feel so great eating eggs. My body feels better eating eggs I can't explain it

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
Again, why are you avoiding the yolks? Are you getting another fat source during your meal? Or trying to avoid all fat in general?

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
I think some people are missing the point.

The point is this. If you have a macro target for a meal of say 45g protein/15g fat. You can not hit that with whole eggs.

So "for me" I would hit my fat(whatever that may be) with yolk, and fill in the void with whites.

Sometimes I would rather just eat all whites, and have my eggs with a piece of steak for my fat.

Just depends.
Understandable but the OP seems to be avoiding all fat in general. Im sure if he was eating almonds or using EVOO or whatever he would have mentioned it.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I dont avoid the yolk. I add 1 yolk to my meal but its mostly eggwhites. I do get fats from other sources. Omega-3 mayo from smart balance, almonds, natty pb, sweet potatos I eat alot of sweet potatos. I'm just asking if it's bad to eat eggs alot as one of my main sources of protein because I love eating eggs

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
A 5 dozen pack of eggs is five bucks at wal Mart. Way cheaper and more beneficial than whey...

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
....and for some reason I feel so great eating eggs. My body feels better eating eggs I can't explain it
You're not imagining that
I've been keeping my diet steady
for a long time and recently boosted cals a bit
due to extreme wo sessions, different supplements
and overall my body requiring more nutrients not to lose
muscle.
My cal boost came 90% from egg whites and I feel so much better.
Egg whites are good for you, with that said, I eat 1 yolk a day
and about 5/7 whites in form of dessert with whey or fat&carb free pancakes

As for they yolk containing protein and vitamin, 80% of the protein in the
egg is in the white, as for the vitamin, c'mon eating egg yolk as source of
vitamin ain't that great, the fat vs everything else ratio is not worth it,
especially when dieting/cutting, extra calories come with the yolk,
not only nutrients and vitamins.. and especially considering most bb (if not all of us)
supplement with fish oil and multivitamins, dosed so high you should eat 200 yolk
to get the same amount

Egg whites ftw

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
too bad sweet potatoes are fat free lol
No when I prepare my sweet potatos I put the omega-3 mayo from smart balance on it. It's not really a mayo, its a subsitute that the company makes. It'a pretty good I spread it on alot of my food. But its all omega-3 fats

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
Egg whites are a killer protein source and you can eat as many as you want.

I wouldn't be eating 12 yolks per day, but whites are straight protein. Have at it.

J

Jack21

Awards
I just start bodybuilding and want take eggs for the strength, please guide me,
In what form should I take white eggs for the strength. Please suggest me some recipe.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Egg whites are a killer protein source and you can eat as many as you want.

I wouldn't be eating 12 yolks per day, but whites are straight protein. Have at it.
Raaaaaawwwwww!!! Jk lol cook them. In olive oil if u need fat or poach them in water if u can't have the extra fat.

F

Fuzexd

Awards
I always laugh when I see people cut out the yolk... It's the best part of the egg :D

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I always laugh when I see people cut out the yolk... It's the best part of the egg :D
It depends on the point of view.
Taste wise? sure if you like it
Vitamins and other goodies? Yes
Problem is it also contains lotsa calories and fats,
while the white is pure, cheap protein.

I use something like 6/8 whites a day, if I ate
8 whole eggs I'd get way too many cals just out of that

F

Fuzexd

Awards
It depends on the point of view.
Taste wise? sure if you like it
Vitamins and other goodies? Yes
Problem is it also contains lotsa calories and fats,
while the white is pure, cheap protein.

I use something like 6/8 whites a day, if I ate
8 whole eggs I'd get way too many cals just out of that
Damn, that's a lot of eggs! ha
I don't eat that many eggs, so I guess I can get away with eating the whole egg. :food:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
AutoKal not to argue ( especially because I could not find the source of my information and very well could be bro science) but I have heard the yoke had 3G of protein and the white had 4g. When I tried to find this I saw a lot of different answers about where and how much the protein was distributed.

I am not saying your wrong and I very well could be. I just want to find out for my own purpose of meeting macros.

Also regarding vitamins. How bioavailable are the ones in the yoke after being cooked? I eat a lot of whole hard boiled eggs.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
AutoKal not to argue ( especially because I could not find the source of my information and very well could be bro science) but I have heard the yoke had 3G of protein and the white had 4g. When I tried to find this I saw a lot of different answers about where and how much the protein was distributed.

I am not saying your wrong and I very well could be. I just want to find out for my own purpose of meeting macros.

Also regarding vitamins. How bioavailable are the ones in the yoke after being cooked? I eat a lot of whole hard boiled eggs.
Not hard to find, here:

Yolk

W
hite

54 cals pretty much all fats against 16 cals protein