The best/cheapest lean protein

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
I love this time of year. It allows me to really pack on the protein for cheap. Real cheap! Ends up coming out to be around .15$ a pound of 99% lean meat. Anyone else take advantage of mother natures ability to support muscle growth?

Attachments

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Yeah I'm game for some elk, my father in law hunts and hooks me up. I personally don't get hunting or people who do but if htey offer me free meat how can I say no.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
effin hicks. Leave those poor animals alone.

you disgust me...

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I love this time of year. It allows me to really pack on the protein for cheap. Real cheap! Ends up coming out to be around .15$ a pound of 99% lean meat. Anyone else take advantage of mother natures ability to support muscle growth?
**** man u in memphis?

ill come down shoot some **** then eat it with u plus crazy bbq joints there no? lol

lucky ****.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
effin hicks. Leave those poor animals alone.

you disgust me...
Either you are kidding....

or you are serious.. if you are saying this seriously do you eat meat at all? Because if you do you are a hypocrite. Not that I have ever hunted myself but if you eat meat an animal somewhere was killed..probably a lot more violently than being hunted.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Either you are kidding....

or you are serious.. if you are saying this seriously do you eat meat at all? Because if you do you are a hypocrite. Not that I have ever hunted myself but if you eat meat an animal somewhere was killed..probably a lot more violently than being hunted.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I can't disrespect them for not agreeing with me. I didn't want this to become a bashing thread. Around my area outside Memphis, the deer are extremely over populated and need to be thinned out. They are hit daily by vehicles and a lot of times cause injury to the people driving them. All this of course means nothing to me as I will continue to hunt and live off the land as I was brought up to do as long as I'm given the opportunity. My uncle owns an angus herd, and I can assure anyone that is curious that hunting is far more humane than a cow going to slaughter. Man cannot live on bread/whey protein alone lol.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I can't disrespect them for not agreeing with me. I didn't want this to become a bashing thread. Around my area outside Memphis, the deer are extremely over populated and need to be thinned out. They are hit daily by vehicles and a lot of times cause injury to the people driving them. All this of course means nothing to me as I will continue to hunt and live off the land as I was brought up to do as long as I'm given the opportunity. My uncle owns an angus herd, and I can assure anyone that is curious that hunting is far more humane than a cow going to slaughter. Man cannot live on bread/whey protein alone lol.
I was not trying to start an argument or bash his opinion. However, if someone eats meat and calls hunting disgusting or immoral then they are a hypocrite lol

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Going to say, all I eat is meat, seriously. Keto to the fullest so you get the drift.

But I can't do hunting, I just can't. Feel real bad for the poor guys. Am I going to judge those who do hunt? Nope, but I won't do it myself. It's one of those things, fairly hypocritical, yep, but I just don't feel good about putting a deer down myself.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
@bigdavid
I wasn't castigating you in any way, I just felt quoting your post instead of his was more pertinent. I agree, if you eat meat, and hate people who hunt, then I would agree on the hypocrite part. Although, to give him the benefit of the doubt I would tend to say he is just uninformed when it comes to processed animals.

@bla55
That is respectable, and I can appreciate that you have hangup on killing animals for food. Not to sound condescending, but my wife is the same way. Although she wouldn't hurt a fly, she still cooks and enjoys deer chili!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Going to say, all I eat is meat, seriously. Keto to the fullest so you get the drift.

But I can't do hunting, I just can't. Feel real bad for the poor guys. Am I going to judge those who do hunt? Nope, but I won't do it myself. It's one of those things, fairly hypocritical, yep, but I just don't feel good about putting a deer down myself.
No sir I am not calling people like you hypocrites. I am calling people that bash hunting and eat meat hypocrites. I understand where you are coming from and I probably could not go hunting either. However, I still realize that hunting is no worse than the way we slaughter animals that we eat every night for dinner.