I think logistically for me, what works best is 4 really large meals. I'm a 4th year student in university, and when I'm on campus all day, or at the library, I would rather only carry 2-3 meals with me, rather then 5 smaller ones. It also works best for the anabeta cycle that im doing right now. A sort of simple meal plan for me is
1. Eggs with veg/oats and bananas/potatoes - round 800cals
2. Big ass fruit shake - bout a 1000 cals and 40grams of protein
3. loaded wraps of some kind - 3 big ass wraps with veg/potatoes/meat - another 1000 cals
4. Pasta/meat/veg/potatoes/some kind of treat like a few spring rolls or something - round 800-1000 cals
5. Dessert - I usually just pig out on more fruit, with a few small peices of chocolate.
I tend to be more of a high carber, used to to be like 70/15/15 for percentage of calories coming from carbs/proteins/fats in the summer when I was road biking about 100km a week, but since its colder now, and I'm off the bike for most of the week, I'll slip down to about 60/20/20 which is where I like to be. Seems to work best for my body.