Simple diet plan.

Gary2Guns

Awards
I work in an office, my working day starts at 7am and i usually finish work around 4pm. I get up for work at 6am and get to bed around 11pm. I get a 10min break at 10am and 2pm and get a half hour lunch at 12pm till 12:30. I go to the gym every week night 7pm till 8:30pm.

I need to somehow fit into my day a really simple diet. Im not bothered about it being bland or boring, i just need it to do the job and get all the nutrients protein etc to build lean muscle and i could do with dropping a few pounds of fat.

So just how can i go about it in a real simple way. Firstly how much protein can i take from shakes alone? and how many scoops in one go is too much where im just wasting my protein?

Am i better off getting some meal replacement formulas? (i dont get time to grill chicken breasts and cook potatoes)

I need food that can be pre cooked and taken to work. Up to now ive been getting by with plenty protein shakes and chicken sandwiches. My evening meal is the only time i get to really cook myself something nice.

So please, any suggestions are welcome!

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
From previous experience I use to buy one of those big Dan-D-Pak containers of cashews, 1/3 or 1/4 cup is approximately 300 calories and high in fats, a decent unflavored whey protein powder mixed with very little milk and the remainder water can give you a decent amount of protein.
Typically 1 scoop of protein will be 25grams, so you might want to try adding a couple of tablespoons of greek yogurt a bit of fruit e.g. blueberries, or half a banana and you have quite a power packed shake.

You could also pick up some wild smoked salmon that is sliced, every 5 slices contains 11 grams of protein, and a good source of fatty acids, so you could buy a container of spring greens and\or some spinach, throw 10 slices of wild salmon on it, with some cashews, drizzle with olive oil and you have a healthy snack\meal.

I use to mix Udo's oil with dry curd cottage cheese, mash it up and eat it, but I just got tired of it. Alternatively you can pick up some greens+ multi, and add that to your protein shake skipping the fruit but instead add approximately 1/4 cup of yogurt, 1 scoop of greens+multi, and a scoop of protein with water and blend it.
Ultimately you may have to dedicate some time to prep your food ahead of time lets say over the weekend and cook up lets say your chicken breast, and make an awesome salad using 1 chicken breast with the spring greens, some nuts, olive oil and dried up cranberries known as craisins in the bulk food section.

Hope that helps!

Gary2Guns

Awards
Im off to the shops..... salmon and cashews it is! :food:

Cheers MK9

Solomon1

Solomon1

Awards
Nice plan for the dieting ,.
The use of vegetables and fruits are awesome diet food to lose weight,..
its has great strong effect on tour fatness,...

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I found it helpful indeed to lose weight, and also 1/2 to 1 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of oatmeal approximately 1 hour before training did wonders energy wise. It wasnt superhuman strength or some crazy turbo charged endurance, but the energy level and workout felt more tolerable even though I was drenched in sweat.

Someone somewhere on these forums and from reading mentioned about making your blood ph more alkaline which helps with recovery and muscle growth, and the fruits and veggies help with that. The Greens+ is sort of a cheat in a way cause you get 3-4 servings per scoop of fruits and veggies :D