Corn syrup (glucose syrup) post workout?

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Anyone use corn syrup (not HFCS) post workout since its all (or mostly) glucose?

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
Anyone use corn syrup (not HFCS) post workout since its all (or mostly) glucose?
Seems like a good way to get fat.

Just get your Amino's in during (or before). Should keep you insulin sensitive enough to just consume a PWO meal.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time getting fat. I'm not much for supplements anymore. Oatmeal and coconut oil preworkout and that's it. Just curious seeing as people use maltodextrin etc to get glucose uptake.

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
Either way. I don't see the advantage. People typically get in 5-6 meals before their next workout anyway (if they workout on consecutive days). That's plenty of time to restore muscle glycogen. You don't need to get 100% restoration 30 minutes after your workout ( don't feel anyway).

But I suppose to answer your direct question. I have not guzzled corn syrup post workout.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
but you can make a mean rack of ribs with a corysyrup rub brown sugar molasses cayenne and garlic.

just sayin.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I use 100 g maltodextrin and 45 g whey after workouts. Has worked well I have seen better recovery (used to be 75 g malto and 35 g whey). And I have not gotten fat on it I've been steady at 9% for a while

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I used to use mostly glucose but I felt a HUGE rush after I drank it followed by a fast crash. I have found malto to be much more tolerable no rush feeling.

JHcody

Awards
How do you measure better recovery after taking it? I figured a light snack of some kind (unless your a supplement guy) would help with what you need and leave it til your next workout.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
How do you measure better recovery after taking it? I figured a light snack of some kind (unless your a supplement guy) would help with what you need and leave it til your next workout.
If this is a reply to my post on increased recovery. I have a very high caloric requirement (4000 just to maintain) so for me it helped me reduce soreness and reduce DOMS (which I usually get pretty bad). This however could have been just because of increasing my PWO drink increased my total cals..however I notice that I can think clearer and I just feel better when I have a large PWO shake obv everyone has their own opinions on this subject.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The push to use highly refined carbs and sugars was just a way for supplement companies to legitimize the crap they put in weight gainers and PWO recovery formulas to boost calories. These are all empty calories. There are plenty of whole food options such as oats, sweet potatoes, yams, rice that are much better.