WTB Coconut Oil

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Firstly, I have read many of you talk about EVCO. What is EVCO? What I mean is, EVOO differentiates itself from regular olive oil by conspicuously labeling itself "extra virgin;" does all EVCO have to say "extra virgin" to be extra virgin? Or is it sufficient that there are no hydrogenated oils listed in ingredients?

Also, depending on how you answered my first q, would organic coconut oil be considered EVCO? I saw one brand at a few stores that said it was organic, but then it said it contained refined oils, so is it really organic, and is it EV anymore?

Lastly, where's the best place to buy this stuff? Thanks!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it's extra virgin it will say so. I buy mine from Amazon or Swanson Vitamins. Both have it pretty cheap. :)
Cool! Also, I don't know how I forgot to ask, but is it necessary for it to be extra virgin or no?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I recall correctly, Extra Virgin means it's the first pressing of the coconut, so you get the most nutrients from EV. Other coconut oil will still contain the same fat, just not as much minerals and vitamins.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up some Nature's Way organic pure extra virgin from the grocery store for $10.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
When buying coconut oil you want to make sure its organic virgin coconut oil containing no GMO ingredients and has not been hydrogenated, bleached, refined or deodorised. NOW foods sell it, you can get it on Nutraplanet.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
^^ Good to know. I'm just now getting started on my coconut oil kick. I've been reading a lot of good things about.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
When buying coconut oil you want to make sure its organic virgin coconut oil containing no GMO ingredients and has not been hydrogenated, bleached, refined or deodorised. NOW foods sell it, you can get it on Nutraplanet.
Right on++++. And dont be supprised when it melts at room temp.lol

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I would just eat out of the jar, too, if I had it

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
I usually just spoon it down, so I like it when it's liquified. Here's some really good info for those who are interested.
Yea when i see it liquify at 76 degrees, i just think of how smooth it moves through my veins at 98.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
maybe a mention of first cold pressing on the label?