Are my Testosterone levels too low?

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
I recently had bloodwork done because I had trouble gaining weight, low libido, and often lethargic. I received the blood work today which states;
Free Test- 7.1 pg/mL
Total Test- 465 ng/dL

I am 26 years old. I don't drink, smoke, or use caffeine. I exercise 6 days a week, and follow a strict diet with macros at 40/40/20 (p/c/f).

The doctor said the 465 is in the normal range, and was hesitant to do anything, so I am seeing an Endocrinologist. Do you think I have a case for being prescribed test?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
465 isn't bad at all. Certainly not where it would be a cause of those symptoms, or low enough to be prescribed trt.

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
From everything I have read. It says in the mid 600s is normal for my age. The free test is also outside of the normal range.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
600 would be GREAT for your age. Don't confuse GREAT with normal. I'm the same age as you and had levels in the low to mid 200's. I would have killed for 465.

I can guarantee you 465 is nowhere near bad.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
exactly what he said... sure everone would love test levels up near 1000 but it jsut dont happen like that unfortunately..... maybe more saturated fat from coconut oil?

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
What do you think about my free test levels at 7.1? The range the doctor gave me as normal was 9.3-26.5.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you think about my free test levels at 7.1? The range the doctor gave me as normal was 9.3-26.5.
Look into natural ways to modify SHBG, particularly through changes in diet. IIRC, soy and other products can negatively affect free test.

Br

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea^^^ , ur test is there jsut gotta free it up thats all