Chik Fil A

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm having a curiosity moment this morning, so I have to ask... what is the big deal over Chik Fil A. That place is always packed and the first west coast store had like 3 hr long waiting lines when it opened. I've ate there a few times and really, it's not that amazing. Their grilled chicken sandwich is just a step over Burger Kings IMO. There has to be something I'm missing.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMHO this is where they exceed all the competition:

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu-Detail/ChickfilA-Spicy-Chicken-Sandwich#?details=desc

I eat these once a week or EOW. It's not cheap. It's fried and a little high in fat but it is hands down head and heals above any other. I work hard and a little fat is in no way going to hurt me.

As for the "grilled" chicken sandwich, I promise that the piece of chicken is greater quality than that of BK.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Events

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Company/Highlights-Fact-Sheets

They are major contributors to the community and have an outstanding character model in their management and employees. I can't speak for your location but at mine they literally deliver my food to the table and wait my table for soda refills with "it's my pleasure to serve you" and "you are very welcome Sir."

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
They are all over the south. The grilled chicken is not bad - about 350 calories . It's the only fast food I would eat.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
we don't have chick fil a here in MI :(

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Nuggets!!!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu-Detail/ChickfilA-Spicy-Chicken-Sandwich#?details=desc

I eat these once a week or EOW. It's not cheap. It's fried and a little high in fat but it is hands down head and heals above any other. I work hard and a little fat is in no way going to hurt me.

As for the "grilled" chicken sandwich, I promise that the piece of chicken is greater quality than that of BK.

They are major contributors to the community and have an outstanding character model in their management and employees. I can't speak for your location but at mine they literally deliver my food to the table and wait my table for soda refills with "it's my pleasure to serve you" and "you are very welcome Sir."
Yup same here. It's premium fast food :p

I actually had about 8 nuggets and a small order of fries yesterday.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That would explain in part why they are successful. I kind of figured they had a hand in some major sponsorship initiatives, it's pretty evident with all the plaques they have on their store walls. Perhaps the other part falls onto their food selections and meat procurement. I'm not sure were or how they get their food stuff, but maybe that has a part to play in it as well. The only thing food wise I can think of that sets them apart from just another fast food place is their waffle fries. But really..... waffle fries shouldn't make you that successful lol. I know the chain itself follows a very christian base of values in their marketing and store operations. Heck, they are closed on Sundays!!! I wonder how much influence this has had on their success?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the chain itself follows a very christian base of values in their marketing and store operations. Heck, they are closed on Sundays!!! I wonder how much influence this has had on their success?
You, IMO, have hit the nail on the head.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You, IMO, have hit the nail on the head.
Yep, that was my thinking and it's pretty amazing if you think about it. Closed every Sunday and still gaining on the bigger chains with massive stores and late hours. 42 straight years of consecutive growth has to tell you something.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
**** Chik Fil a!!!!! they use to be my fav then I found out they Use MSG. Thats why everthing tastes so good

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
**** Chik Fil a!!!!! they use to be my fav then I found out they Use MSG. Thats why everthing tastes so good
I guess there is a rub in every ointment. Honestly though, IMO the taste isn't the biggest selling factor..... though the yogurt is good. ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Staying away from all fast food. Ate too much over the past years. If I ate as much healthy **** as I did I'd be way better off.

smutty

smutty

Awards
Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich

A boneless breast of chicken, marinated in special seasonings, grilled to perfection and served on a toasted Golden Wheat Bun with dill pickle chips, Green Leaf lettuce, and tomato. Served with 1 package of Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce.
Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich
290 Calories
4g Fat
3g Fiber
9g Sugars
29g Protein
1g Saturated Fat
0g Trans Fat
55mg Cholesterol
1030mg Sodium
36g Carbohydrates
15% Iron
10% Calcium
40% Vitamin A
15% Vitamin C

Print
Add to Meal Calculator
Chick-fil-A<span class='reg'>®</span> Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich
Chick-fil-A® Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich Add to Meal Calculator

Chicken (100% natural whole breast filet, water, seasoning [sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, maltodextrin, autolyzed yeast extract, spice, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, flavor, paprika {color}], seasoning [salt, sugar, spices, and paprika], butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color], rice starch and potassium phosphate), wheat bun (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, wheat bran, cracked wheat, yeast, sugar cane syrup, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat gluten, rolled whole wheat, soybean oil, salt, rye meal, dough conditioners [contains one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium stearoyl lactylate, monoglycerides and/or diglycerides, calcium peroxide, calcium iodate, DATEM, ethoxylated mono-and diglycerides, azodicarbonamide, enzymes], calcium sulfate, honey, molasses, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, calcium propionate [to retard spoilage]), tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, lactic acid, calcium chloride, alum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

this doesn't sound good to me. w.t.f. is TBHQ.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this doesn't sound good to me. w.t.f. is TBHQ.
I always love these "hypocironies."*

Most here on the board annually consume copious amounts of steroids and supplements whose ingredients may as well be written in Greek and are synthesized in China and other third world countries with impurities and byproducts of a nuclear reactor.

* A contraction of hypocrite and irony. Just made it up. :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Most here on the board annually consume copious amounts of steroids and supplements whose ingredients may as well be written in Greek and are synthesized in China and other by third world countries with impurities and byproducts of a nuclear reactor.

Eh, too each their own I say. Preservatives or not, it's nice to know you can get a lean meal at the Chik when having to eat on the run whilst traveling. So who's to say who is really to blame.... the food companies for wanting to make a profit or the countless other corporations that make our lives so hectic via work that we have no other option.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am fortunate that I am able to prepare all my foods in advance and bring, at times, weeks worth to work and store as dried goods or in the refrigerator or freezer. It makes me quite militant in that there is no cheating whatsoever.

With the above in mind, I enjoy meeting one of the guys after work (before our mens ministry studies) for a casual meal without having the "dinner" experience of a restaurant. A great tasting and generous portioned spicy chicken sandwich, courteous, friendly, polite, English speaking young adults and free diet soda (yup...with all the carcinogens and artificial sweeteners) refills delivered to my table. A clean and well kept establishment that doesn't resemble the near truck stop establishments that the 'other' fast food places are.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You just made me hungry.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Me too, i try to eat two grilled chicken clubs once a week to keep me on my diet :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Most here on the board annually consume copious amounts of steroids and supplements whose ingredients may as well be written in Greek and are synthesized in China and other third world countries with impurities and byproducts of a nuclear reactor.

I have to agree with you on this one. Everyone saying I don't eat preservatives...

Me I'm not looking to be a pro bodybuilder. I do not eat bland lean foods 100% not even 90% of the time. I do usually stick to healthy choices . I have used supplements & still do. I will eat a frozen dinner or eat out once in a while but typically day to day I eat food prepared at home.

Like you said people act like they're so picky over some man made ingredients.
I tell em to get real every once in a while won't hurt one but in my opinion.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to agree with you on this one. Everyone saying I don't eat preservatives...

Me I'm not looking to be a pro bodybuilder. I do not eat bland lean foods 100% not even 90% of the time. I do usually stick to healthy choices . I have used supplements & still do. I will eat a frozen dinner or eat out once in a while but typically day to day I eat food prepared at home.

Like you said people act like they're so picky over some man made ingredients.
I tell em to get real every once in a while won't hurt one but in my opinion.
It can definitely have it's place.