Workout in the morning: what to eat?

albynumber01

Awards
Hello guys! Tomorrow I will start to train in the morning, 10:30. I will be running a cycle of PMAG and M14ADD.
How to set the diet in the morning?

Breakfast:
2 eggs
500 g yogurt
50 g honey
80 g cereal
M14ADD 30 mg / Animal Flex / Animal Pak

Workout 10:30

Post-Workout: 1 scoop Reanimator

12:30 Lunch

I have to add something to snack of 10? I will use 4 caps / day m14add, I'll take the second dose before or after workout?

Thanks!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
What time are you eating your breakfast? That's a pretty hefty meal so if you are eating that at 8 or so it will probably tide you over to your workout.

albynumber01

Awards
What time are you eating your breakfast? That's a pretty hefty meal so if you are eating that at 8 or so it will probably tide you over to your workout.
breakfast at 7:00, I forgot to write it, sorry.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Me if im working out in the morning. i drink two scoops of protein shake and a bottle of gatorade. depends on your goal and how you are. Jay cutler when he is trying to cut he a big fan of running in the morning with nothing in his stumach.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Apple and greek yogurt is a great idea! apple full of carbs. Greek protein and fats, carbs, digestive enzymes.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you considered training fasted?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wake up and eat a normal meal like 10oz chicken or steak, a cup of rice and a apple or a table spoon of honey. Then I hit the gym a hour later. Took awhile to get used to but I will never go back to training after work.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you considered training fasted?
Considered, analyzed research involving fasted training, came to the conclusion its a terrible idea for anything more intense than brisk walking.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
Considered, analyzed research involving fasted training, came to the conclusion its a terrible idea for anything more intense than brisk walking.
Yup+++.^ I like my muscle tissue to much for working out "empty".

albynumber01

Awards
@borobulker: I do not like the idea to train on an empty stomach. I feel no energy.

@StakedCop: yes man, I think I'll have to get used to. If I get used, prefer to train in the morning!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you please elaborate?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure, in brief.

Performance as it relates to anaerobic glycolytic activities: team sports, sprinting, etc.

Training fasted is going to reduce power output, glycolysis, and total work output. Result is a training session that is lower in intensity (intensity as in percentage of maximal capacity..not psychological motivation, although..,i can get into that too) that will limit adaptations.

Psychologically, training fasted will result in mental fatigue. Blood albumin will be broken down for BCAA's to synthesize glucose via gluconeogenesis. When this occurs, tryptophan is released. Tryptophan crosses the blood to brain barrier, and causes mental fatigue.

Body composition cardio:

Simply put, the caloric expenditure during exercise and following exercise is less when training fasted. This is why I added in my caveat of (a brisk walk).

Body composition and/or strength and power weight training:

The research (which I don't have off hand, nor feel like pubmedding at the moment) shows a few things. First, work output is lower when training fasted (less intensity). Second, activation of anabolic enzymes is reduced post exercise when training fasted. Thus less stimulus for adaptation (lower intensity) and less adaptation (lower signalling).

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, in brief.

Performance as it relates to anaerobic glycolytic activities: team sports, sprinting, etc.

Training fasted is going to reduce power output, glycolysis, and total work output. Result is a training session that is lower in intensity (intensity as in percentage of maximal capacity..not psychological motivation, although..,i can get into that too) that will limit adaptations.

Psychologically, training fasted will result in mental fatigue. Blood albumin will be broken down for BCAA's to synthesize glucose via gluconeogenesis. When this occurs, tryptophan is released. Tryptophan crosses the blood to brain barrier, and causes mental fatigue.

Body composition cardio:

Simply put, the caloric expenditure during exercise and following exercise is less when training fasted. This is why I added in my caveat of (a brisk walk).

Body composition and/or strength and power weight training:

The research (which I don't have off hand, nor feel like pubmedding at the moment) shows a few things. First, work output is lower when training fasted (less intensity). Second, activation of anabolic enzymes is reduced post exercise when training fasted. Thus less stimulus for adaptation (lower intensity) and less adaptation (lower signalling).

Br
I would LOVE to dig deep into this with you but I do not want to hijack this guys thread.

If I create a seperate thread, would you care to discuss this further?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would LOVE to dig deep into this with you but I do not want to hijack this guys thread.

If I create a seperate thread, would you care to discuss this further?
Sure, I'm balls deep writing my dissertation proposal, so I can't promise speedy replies.

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, I'm balls deep writing my dissertation proposal, so I can't promise speedy replies.

Br
no worries...

I myself choose to lift fasted and I enjoy it over a fed training session so I am somewhat bias to the discussion but everything I have seen as far as research and studies have yet to show negative effects from a fasted training session. If anything from what I have seen on the topic, the best they can "prove" is that a fasted session is no better than a fed session, as in there are no "extra" benefits to it. Your post alludes to there indeed being negative effects from a fasted session so I am just curious as to what it is exactly based off of.

Also quick question, when I say fasted (and prolly most other users on the board who train fasted), it isnt really truly a fasted session as I take in good amount of aminos pre and intra workout. This often leaves many questions when reviewing research as most of it are either fasted or fed and barely any have a protocol similar to this.

The comment that really sparked my interest is the "limitations on adaptation" from fasted vs fed.

Personally for me it is more of a convenience and a preference to train fasted as opposed to fed. I lift as soon as I wake up and am far from being a morning person. If I were to eat prior to my workout I would have to wake up way earlier. I honestly dont like a intense session with food in my stomach so when I do occasionally eat before a session it is usually about 2 hours prior and to wake up 2 hours earlier for me just isnt going to happen. Although if there is substantial evidence showing I am hindering my potential or limiting myself I may have to re-think my approach but like I said I have yet to really see anything concrete.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill take real world results over those studies any day...

Ive lost BF, gained strength and muscle training fasted... I will probably never go back.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill take real world results over those studies any day...

Ive lost BF, gained strength and muscle training fasted... I will probably never go back.
N=1 is great.

My ex girlfriend got ripped taking ejaculate as a pre-workout boost.
In fact, she had the best results when it was delivered as a suppository. I suggest you do similar.

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
N=1 is great.

My ex girlfriend got ripped taking ejaculate as a pre-workout boost.
In fact, she had the best results when it was delivered as a suppository. I suggest you do similar.

Br
In his defense, while N=1 may not be valid for someone training someone else or for making statements of superiority, BUT when your are looking for what's best for yourself then I would say N=1 is better since all you really care about is 1 (the individual) and not necessarily everyone else regardless if they are the majority.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First for the op's q, I have half a cup of oats, a couple scoops of protein, and a banana, blend it and drink. Quick and easy providing me with lots of protein, carbs, and fiber.

On the fasted portion. I read everything Markus put up on leangains about training fasted and was intrigued by it, so I looked into it more and decided to give it a shot myself. I did notice good recomping results with it, largely due to the extended period of time spent in a fat oxidative state, which carbohydrate ingestion inhibits. I have to agree with judojosh here, in that it is a semi-fasted state, as the only thing taken in prior to the workout is BCAA's. This does have some benefits that offset some of the concerns posted by the studies conducted in the strictly no bcaa fasted state. However, I also agree with Zir Red that it does negatively impact performance. Like he pointed out, it impacts both the ATP-PC and Glycolysis energy pathways limiting power output. Therefore, doing low intensity exercise is fine in a fasted state as it helps with fat oxidation without overtaxing the body. I personally noticed, when I did leangains (the semi-fasted protocol) I didn't loose any strength, even after months of dieting like that, which lends credence to the supplementing with the amino acids prior. However, I did notice that I didn't have as much energy or endurance. I was more tired after my sets in a fasted state then in a feed state due to inhibiting the full effects of the anaerobic energy pathways. I also noticed that my strength gains slowed down. This could be to any number of variables but I believe that it is due to the restricted power performance ability. I am not currently doing leangains but I will again later when I start my next contest prep, but with one big change. I will change my feeding times to start before my weight training sessions. Cardio, particularly LISS, will be done in the fasted state, with BCAA's.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
I train at 4am and working out on an empty stomach ( black coffee and creatine) has worked really well for me. No problems with energy or strength. Def eat plenty around 530 am when I get in. Breakfast is usually 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, cinnamon, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 2 tbsp peanut butter, dab of honey, banana and whey with 8 oz of whole milk.

image-2529681389.png

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just discussed this with a IFBB pro. He was in favor of a protein shake, pasteurized egg whites, oatmeal, yogurt and some fruit.

PWO BCAA and carbs 45-60 min later whole food meal.

Today was the first day I tried this and I felt much better not forcing myself to eat chicken and rice... Just finished my workout and I'm starving and can't wait to eat that chicken lol

He also said only a dip **** would lift fasted... Lol that's him taking not me!