Do these symptoms indicate thyroid problems?

7hebigbeas7

Awards
I'm currently 16, and have been thinking I have thyroid issues for a while. I then thought my symptoms indicated diabetes. I posted a question, and a woman said my symptoms showed thyroid problems. Here's several of my symptoms- foamy pee, unable to lose bodyfat fast(as unbelievable as it is, I have a perfect diet since I'm bodybuilding), slow muscle recovery, excess sweating ,muscle weakness, bad immune system, and on occasions I'll get very hungry. I know your no doctor, but please help. This is jeopardizing my bodybuilding life.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Are you drinking water untill your pee is clear, or would be without a supplement with a lot of b vitamins in it?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two symptoms you described do NOT relate to hypothyroidism: Excessive hunger and excessive sweating.

That said, you still could very weel be hypothyroid and these particular other "issues" are manifestations of other systems being indirectly affected.

Do yourself a favor and get some bloodwork. No reason to guess especially since you added poor immune system to the list of concerns.

As any true bodybuilder should do - he puts his health at the TOP of his priorities. Go see your doc buddy!

Good luck

7hebigbeas7

Awards
Two symptoms you described do NOT relate to hypothyroidism: Excessive hunger and excessive sweating. That said, you still could very weel be hypothyroid and these particular other "issues" are manifestations of other systems being indirectly affected. Do yourself a favor and get some bloodwork. No reason to guess especially since you added poor immune system to the list of concerns.As any true bodybuilder should do - he puts his health at the TOP of his priorities. Go see your doc buddy! Good luck
Thanks man. I'll get a test next weekend more then likely. Ill keep you posted and tell you what the results are.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Atta boy. Smart! ;)

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
A lot of these problems. Thyroid included can be brought on by insuline resistance which harbors leptin resistance. When that occurs NPY ang agouti (hunger signale) can lower thyroid levels.

I would suggest bloodwork but them make all changes diet based.

Add in a good calcium supplement to lower agouti related protein and something like cinamon gymnemma hca or vanadium to hep lower circulating leptin.

All this can help tremendously. At 16 I would not just take medicine right away

7hebigbeas7

Awards
A lot of these problems. Thyroid included can be brought on by insuline resistance which harbors leptin resistance. When that occurs NPY ang agouti (hunger signale) can lower thyroid levels. I would suggest bloodwork but them make all changes diet based. Add in a good calcium supplement to lower agouti related protein and something like cinamon gymnemma hca or vanadium to hep lower circulating leptin. All this can help tremendously. At 16 I would not just take medicine right away
Are you saying I have diabetes? I was tested a year ago and it was negative. And why wouldn't I start medicine? I wanna get shredded and because of my condition, I can't. Also, I want you guys to note, I tried to lose weight before and was unable to with a clean diet. I tried a supplement called Cellucor T7 and I lost bodyfat real quick. Isnt that suspicious that a thyroid weight loss supplement would be what triggered weight loss?I've always had these problems when I was younger, they just weren't as pronounced as they are today. So I doubt diabetes is the culprit considering I have a clean diet without refined sugars or high glycemic carbs. All complex and lean proteins.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro - do yourself a favor and dont listen to anyone here, myself included. Go see a Doc and let he/she tell you what you actually have. All this theoretical speculation will drive you nuts.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
Bro - do yourself a favor and dont listen to anyone here, myself included. Go see a Doc and let he/she tell you what you actually have. All this theoretical speculation will drive you nuts.
True man. Just validating my original theory of thyroid problems. I'm 90% sure that's what it is. Just need tests to back it up.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying I have diabetes? I was tested a year ago and it was negative. And why wouldn't I start medicine? I wanna get shredded and because of my condition, I can't. Also, I want you guys to note, I tried to lose weight before and was unable to with a clean diet. I tried a supplement called Cellucor T7 and I lost bodyfat real quick. Isnt that suspicious that a thyroid weight loss supplement would be what triggered weight loss?I've always had these problems when I was younger, they just weren't as pronounced as they are today. So I doubt diabetes is the culprit considering I have a clean diet without refined sugars or high glycemic carbs. All complex and lean proteins.
What I'm saying is insulin resistance which leads to diabetes can cause leptin resistance and elevated npy and agouti which can cause thyroid issues. Now why wouldn't u take medicine, well fairly simple is that people with these issues use drugs to put u into normal range without addressing issues that could have got u there in the first place therefor increase in thyroid meds will continue to happen if infact they see that as an issue. Now my assumption is if your dieting to get shredded probably means your a little stocky to begin with. Maybe have a high bodyfat in which leptin the main endrogrin hormone that white adipose tissue secretes can be an issue. When this happen things that switch on fat burning becomes an issue. And things that regulate hunger can cause thyroid issuesTak what the doctor says but I would not jump into a medicine without trying to correct it with diet for atleast 3 months unless life threatningAnd diabetes test don't come up positive or negative its a matter of hba1c or fasting glucose. The latter being a bad determinationResearch and learn about your condition and how to fix it

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
First things first before you jump to conclusions of what you think "you might have"you must go to the doctors.
I had alot of fatigue and went my test showed thyroid and low t-levels which i did to myself with diet and training which led to overtraining.
Got put on armour thyroid and a t-cream actually stopped taking the cream,fixed training/diet and made a huge improvment.
I still lost weight with a thyroid problem though.
Post your diet and stats so everyone can see if it might be that,whats clean to one isn't to another and calories make a huge difference a can eat 110%clean and gain/maintain/lose.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
Getting my thyroid checked tomorrow. I'll share the results when I get them. I'll keep you guys posted.

Irish Digamon

Awards
"7hebigbeas7 - Getting my thyroid checked tomorrow. I'll share the results when I get them. I'll keep you guys posted."

That's great. I really think that's the best thing to do. Keep us posted on new updates regarding your health concern. God Bless.