Would a kidney health blood and urine test have checked for diabetes?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.25%

Would a kidney health blood and urine test have checked for diabetes?

I thought something was wrong with my kidneys because I have very foamy pee. I got my kidneys checked and nothing was wrong. I am wondering if I have diabetes though. My muscles take a long time to heal, I've recently had frequently occurring sore throats, tiredness, and on some days extreme hunger. I told my mom that I should get a diabetes test, but she said that the test for my kidneys would've shown if I had it. I got tested for it in the beginning of last year and didn't have it. I'm 16 years old btw. If someone could give me their opinion, that'd be great. Thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.42%

Quote Originally Posted by 7hebigbeas7 View Post
    I thought something was wrong with my kidneys because I have very foamy pee. I got my kidneys checked and nothing was wrong. I am wondering if I have diabetes though. My muscles take a long time to heal, I've recently had frequently occurring sore throats, tiredness, and on some days extreme hunger. I told my mom that I should get a diabetes test, but she said that the test for my kidneys would've shown if I had it. I got tested for it in the beginning of last year and didn't have it. I'm 16 years old btw. If someone could give me their opinion, that'd be great. Thanks
    Hard to say really... check with your doctor?
    Diabetes is usually detectable in urine analysis as diabetics (in most cases) have excess glucose in the blood which causes excessive filtration in the kidney leading to glucose excretion in the urine (glucose is not normally excreted in the urine).
    Blood tests should also reveal high glucose levels.

However, it depends what the doctor specified when he ordered the test, as laboratories usually only test for the particular things the doctor orders eg infection, haemoglobin levels, hormone levels, iron, etc

Definately worth seeing your doctor again and getting another checkup, as there are a number of conditions which can account for the symptoms you listed

regards,
    nathan
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

If they checked your kidneys because you complained of foamy pee, then they surely checked both your blood (fasting for 12hrs) and urine. Do you recall this? If the answer is yes, then I'm very confident you're diabetes free

If you've got your lab results, look in the blood results for: BUN, creatinine (Cr); look in the urine results for: glucose, and protein. If your doc said your kidneys are fine, those are mostly likely all within normal limits on the urinalysis and blood panel.

As for your other symptoms, keep following up with your physician or possibly seek a second opinion if you continue to have problems and there is no resolution. Those are very vague symptoms.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testosterone test: Urine vs Blood PLEASE HELP!
    By stilllearnin1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM
  2. Rhein urine vs. blood test - I'm confused?
    By Eisenhower in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
  3. 24hr-Urine and Blood Test results
    By mr13percent in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 03:47 PM
  4. Can I donate blood and do the 24 hour urine test on the same day?
    By BigJimCalhoun in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM