What do you put in your shake on a cutting diet?

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering what you guys add your shake in those periods to make it a little more interesting and tasty :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to avoid shakes even harder when cutting. If i'm going to take in 200 calories, i'd rather it be something solid to keep hunger down longer

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I told somebody the same thing about a month ago. I have a tendency to use more BCAAs on a cut.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All good and accurate information so far.

Yeah, if I'm cutting I don't add anything. If it's vanilla, I suppose you could add some cinnamon if it aided in taste to you as it could have some marginal benefits outside of taste.

The only shakes I'd take in on cuts would be my isolate post-workout before a whole food meal shortly after and those are isolate + water; nothing else (maybe creatine).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^This is exactly how I do it. I like the idea of adding cinnamon to a vanilla shake. Reps for that idea!!!

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Yea you are probably right. I normally only have 1-2 protein shakes a day. Post workout and before bed. Good idea with the cinnamon though, I will try that :)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I just rock elite gourmet delicious vanilla with milk i don't need anything else, i have the ability to use milk even on a cut and see good results i drink about 24oz a day of milk even on a cut. I find mixing protein in water isn't as good for me and my protein shakes are usually my treats for the day especially since Elite Gourmet is so delicious.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I take two shakes a day when cutting down-ive tried doing this recently and had good success. This is especially useful for getting a nice pump while on lower calories.

Preworkout shake is 1.5 scoops of WPI in Milk, mixed with Honey (low gi) and a tbl spoon of natural penut putter. This really help fuel my workout. The honey gives a great pump.

Postworkout. 1.5 scoops of wpi with 1 scoop maltodextrine -

Then low carb for every meal after.