Weight Gain Help - AnabolicMinds.com

Weight Gain Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  125 lbs.

Weight Gain Help

I'm having problems figuring out a diet to help me gain weight. I'm on a very tight budget so I can't spend a bunch of money of food so I'm looking for cheap solutions. I plan on consuming half a gallon of milk little over 1200 calories + 6 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches around 2000 calories. On top of what ever pasta, chicken, and nuts I eat and whey protein pre and post workout. Is this a solid diet plan? Or should I do something different? Note: I weightlift 5-6 days a week. I weigh 130 lbs and I'm about 5'7 or 5'8.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

thats good cals, depending on how much ur getting from each. add whole eggs to your diet. add a protein shake in there too. add oatmeal and bagels. bagels have like 50g of carbs in each one.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

3. New Member

Drink plenty of Milk or eat eggs,
    nuts, its helps to gain weight....... best of luck...
    Barryy
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

A best quality multivitamin and mineral supplement is a good concept for weight gain. But make sure you are getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals taht you need. Some people considered that their muscle mass increases with the help of protein supplements that contain certain blends of amino acids, such as creatine and glutamine.
    Leonadus
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You're missing vegetables, which are important to maintain digestive health by supplying symbiotics, phytonutrients, and alkalinity.

Also, make rice and beans (legumes) instead of pasta. You will get the advantage of a complimentary proteins via the combination with the carb intake.

Br
  6. Banned

Take more calories food..
  7. New Member

Cut back on the number of days you work out.. that'll help you gain as well.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by andynov123 View Post
    I'm having problems figuring out a diet to help me gain weight. I'm on a very tight budget so I can't spend a bunch of money of food so I'm looking for cheap solutions. I plan on consuming half a gallon of milk little over 1200 calories + 6 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches around 2000 calories. On top of what ever pasta, chicken, and nuts I eat and whey protein pre and post workout. Is this a solid diet plan? Or should I do something different? Note: I weightlift 5-6 days a week. I weigh 130 lbs and I'm about 5'7 or 5'8.
    Bulking? Cut it down to 3 days a week. Bench day, Deadlift day, Squat day. you can do other work too, just don't do too many sets. Safflower oil is cheap, and can give you a lot of fat Kcals if you need em. Just be sure to swallow some protein with it. Cheap cuts of beef are good sources of protein, and skinless chicken breasts usually aren't too expensive, almost forgot, OATS!
  9. New Member

Bulking? Cut it down to 3 days a week. Bench day, Deadlift day, Squat day. you can do other work too, just don't do too many sets. Safflower oil is cheap, and can give you a lot of fat Kcals if you need em. Just be sure to swallow some protein with it. Cheap cuts of beef are good sources of protein, and skinless chicken breasts usually aren't too expensive, almost forgot, OATS!
    Good Point +

When hitting a plateau and gaing weight is hard, you must take a good look at Diet and Recovery. Work out less, do Very light cardio (walking), and deff keep up the peanut butter. That natural jiff is non-hydrogentaed and if you can get at least 8-9 tbsp's a day thats an extra 900-1000cal/day.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

A cheap way to get in good food sources is Eggs, tuna, oatmeal, veggies many people thing veggies cost a bit but you can get all your vegatable and fruit servings for around 2-3$ a day and eggs are cheap i scramble up 3 in the morning and a 16 egg container lasts me the week for like 2$ or whatever. Pasta is cheap but if you spend an extra buck you can get Barilla plus which is high in protein and omega 3, theres a lot of ways to get good food choices on a tight budget im a college student and i manage to eat very clean focusing on eggs, chicken, brocoli, bananas, grapefruit, rice, ezekeil bread, peanut butter all thats very cheap and healthy i also grab buffalo chicken deli meat but thats my tasty treat.

Honestly if your goal is to gain weight it can be less strict and the main thing should be getting enough cals to gain weight but also everyone regardless of goals should have a balanced diet with fruits, vegatables, grains, lipids, and lean meats for overall health reasons now and down the road.
  11. New Member

Depends on your age too. I'm a hardgainer and have a fast metabolism so its hard for me to put on weight too. I started working out 4 days a week targeting two muscle groups a day and warmed up every day with pull ups and light squats...I started to gain. I put on 20 lbs in one summer. If your 21 or over and been lifting for a few years and hit a plateu you can always try a ph. I did my first cycle and put on 18 lbs in 4 weeks.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.

All of these are great ideas! Make sure your hitting it heavy in the gym (5-8 reps with longer rest btwn sets!) and hitting the tried and true mass builder exercises (deadlift, squats, bench)...here are some foods to give a try that can help as well!:
    HERRING- Eat six ounces of herring an hour or two before a workout to provide your body with more than 40 grams (g) of high-quality protein, 12 g of healthy fats, more than 3 g of muscle-growth-stimulating leucine and about 2 g of creatine. Add at least another 2 g of creatine in supplement form to blow your muscles up.
    YOGURT- (Absorption of nutrients such as protein is improved and immune function is aided) Any time of day, except immediately before or after a workout. One cup of plain low-fat yogurt contains 156 calories, 13 g of protein, 17 g of carbs, 4 g of fat, almost 500 mg of calcium, about a gram of each of the branched-chain amino acids and more than 1 g of glutamine.
    BROCCOLI- (Broccoli contains high amounts of indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and its closely related derivative diindolylmethane, naturally occurring phytochemicals that reduce the strength of estrogens by converting them to weaker varieties in the liver) 1 cup or more of raw or steamed broccoli per day. That amount will deliver more than 100 mg of I3C; 1,200-4,000 micrograms of sulforaphane; more than 80 mg of vitamin C; and over 40 mg of calcium.
    SPINACH-( high in glutamine, an amino acid that enhances muscle growth, immune function and GI health…better to eat spinach raw to preserve glutamine. Don’t eat right before workout) Use a full 10-ounce bag of spinach leaves. It will provide close to 1 g of glutamine, only about 65 calories, 8 g of protein, 6 g of fiber, almost 300 mg of calcium, 8 mg of iron, 80 mg of vitamin C, 16 mg of beta carotene, and 35 mg of lutein and zeaxanthin.
    GARLIC- (for its ability to stimulate testosterone production and inhibit cortisol production) One raw clove has more than 4 mg of active allicin. Eat it preworkout.
    ONIONS- (Enhances insulin secretion or prevents its deactivation by the liver) Eat one small onion postworkout..Can put it in with post-workout omelette or something to get eggs in there too!
    SUNFLOWER SEEDS- (packed with arginine and glutamine for muscle volumizing. They also supply betaine) one-half cup over the course of the day. That amount supplies 12 g of protein, 15 g of carbs, more than 7 g of fiber (which makes them unsuitable close to workout time), about 3 g of glutamine and 1 1/2 g of arginine
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

I like those suggestions MPC. The only one I may caution against is high sunflower seed consumption since they contain high amounts of omega-6 fatty acids. But, if you're eating that much heron, which is very high in DHA/EPA omega-3, it should be ok.

I might also suggest Grass fed and finished beef and wild game – higher in CLA, n-3 fatty acid, leaner and much lower in n-6, also high in Vit D, B and iron...and if you can get (and tolerate) the organs...even better!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by us marine View Post
    Depends on your age too. I'm a hardgainer and have a fast metabolism so its hard for me to put on weight too. I started working out 4 days a week targeting two muscle groups a day and warmed up every day with pull ups and light squats...I started to gain. I put on 20 lbs in one summer. If your 21 or over and been lifting for a few years and hit a plateu you can always try a ph. I did my first cycle and put on 18 lbs in 4 weeks.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you keep and which PH was it? My first 4 week cycle had similar results 22lbs gained, 14 kept. Virgin receptors take it hard!
  15. New Member

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you keep and which PH was it? My first 4 week cycle had similar results 22lbs gained, 14 kept. Virgin receptors take it hard!
    What PCT u use? that could also b the reason u lost so much. If it was a serious cycle (superdrol) u needed a SERM. IMO
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

OH man I could never eat like that. Theres a few changes that would be easy to make and keep costs low.

First - get a membership to costco or BJ's and buy in bulk. Frozen chicken is under $2/lb. Tilapia is like $5/lb. Ground turkey is just under 3. Pork is around 3-4. Sometimes you can find good deals in supermarkets for red meat. If leanness is not a concern - buy a whole chicken/turkey and roast that bad mammajamma.

Ditch the milk. Just bad. Replace it with good fats like olive oil or flaxseed. Olive oil is mad cheap. Fats in general can be cost efficient. Peanut butter, olive oil, fattier cuts of meat (hit or miss there). You can do the whole wheat pasta thing but not all so often. Brown rice is cheaper.

Black beans are considered "the poor man's protein" as they are high in legume protein and complex carbs. A 2for1 deal!

You can buy big bags of frozen greens and steam them or microwave for a couple minutes. Those will be like $1/lb. But you gotta get those veggies in man.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  17. New Member

Black beans are considered "the poor man's protein" as they are high in legume protein and complex carbs. A 2for1 deal!
    ++++++ mmmm fiber..Not to mention its a Complete protein unlike most vegetables
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    ++++++ mmmm fiber..Not to mention its a Complete protein unlike most vegetables
    Black beans are great, but they're not a complete protein. That said, if you include grains your diet, then the grains and legumes complement eachother to create a complete proteins.

Br
  19. New Member

Black beans are great, but they're not a complete protein
    Yea ur right on that one, got that mixed up w soy beans (which u dnt want)
  20. New Member

I thought to gain weight you need to eat lots and lots but you have to be working out as well so you dont get fat also without sups
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  3. Help me gain weight please
    By steverstrike in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 08:18 AM