late workout and carbs

brackett666

Awards
Ive heard that you are supposed to take in sugars right after the workout to boost insulin levels. So i usually take in a gatorade post workout. lately ive had to workout right after work which is about 6:30. My workout gets done around 7:45. My question is, should i still take in the sugars that late? I usually go to bed at 10 or 11.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should be fine. It sort of depends what your goals are as well.

"PWO" carbs and the whole insulin window mantra is over-rated to a large degree IMHO

brackett666

Awards
You should be fine. It sort of depends what your goals are as well.

"PWO" carbs and the whole insulin window mantra is over-rated to a large degree IMHO
Ok thank you. My goal is really to start building up mass again. I once was a solid 290 with 10% bf (owner of the gym took it I thought I was higher) and dieted too extreme lost a lot . I'm now at 260 more bodyfat than before, but I can't get rid of it and the guys at the gym said I should just get back to 290. Hope your not confused but I wouldn't mind being able to walk outside without a shirt and not feeling embarrassed.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
If you are 260 now with more bf than before I would focus on recomping before I put on any mass.. but if you were 290 and 10% before you probably know more than I do lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

brackett666

Awards
Well I know issue I seem do be losing fat on my so called bulk diet. Maybe I just need to revamp the diet.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are losing FAT, keep doing what you are doing.

That's many peoples' goal as the more fat you lose, the more muscle is revealed.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
If you are 290 at 10% you should be an OLYMPIAN competitor big dog!

brackett666

Awards
I'm going to have to talk to him again cause I don't think by l means I was that. I know there are some who said I looked that way with clothes on but I don't remember being that lean lol.

brackett666

Awards
Ok what happened to the old carbs before bed interferes with GH release while sleeping ?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just as an aside, from a biochemical standpoint there are an incredible number of advantages for taking in carbs PWO not limited to raising insulin, or rather insulin's immediate/direct effects on the body. And as Easy and Mak have pointed at, there is mounting evidence against carb cutoffs (the idea that you don't eat any carbs close to bedtime). I personally have always worked out in the late afternoons and evenings, and I take in about 60% of my carbs around that time and have no negative effects.

Alpha Mind

Awards
You should be good. It's bad to take in a lot of sugar right before you go to bed, but that's a few hours, which should be plenty of time.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
You can also try utilizing an insulin mimicker PWO.....like Need2Slin, Glycobol, Recompadrol, AP, ETC