Bloodsugar really low!!

T

TheMachiine

Awards
Hey buddies,

I dont know whats wrong with my body. I definitely gain fat and water very easily.
I used Steroids 2 years ago.

My libidio has been really low for almost 1 year so far. I am really depressed and I dont know the reason
My thyroid is fine i c hecked it some months ago. But I havent checked test,e2,östradiol.... I have an appointment in 2,5 weeks.

My bloodsugar is really low, too it was 2 hours after the breakfast (100gr oatmeal) 37mg/ml o_O I couldnt believe that is that even possible?
I sthere something wrong with my insulin?

Please help me.

J

JayV

Banned
Awards
As for the low blood sugar, 37 is dangerously low.
Look at some info on reactive hypoglycemia.

T

TheMachiine

Awards
Thanks for your answer buddy. Yeah I know its really low but I dont feel weak or something its just depression and low libidio and I am sweating a lot at the moment.

It also seems so that if I dont eat for a longer time my mood turns really bad and I become aggressive. After sugarintake it gets better...

Sorry for my english, its crappy I am from Germany.

superlift

superlift

Awards
It is partly relative for the individual person. However, 37 is a bit low. I would retest it and if it shows the same then you should probably inform your doctor of this.

J

JayV

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your answer buddy. Yeah I know its really low but I dont feel weak or something its just depression and low libidio and I am sweating a lot at the moment.

It also seems so that if I dont eat for a longer time my mood turns really bad and I become aggressive. After sugarintake it gets better...

Sorry for my english, its crappy I am from Germany.
It really sounds like you may be having some big swings from high to low with your blood sugar. All of these symptoms can be signs of this. You need to test your blood sugar several times a day if possible, especially when you are feeling bad.
Getting your HBA1C checked would give you a clearer picture as well.

T

TheMachiine

Awards
Hey thanks again, yes i bought a bloodsugar device I can check my bloodsugar on empty stomach and 2 hours after breakfast and I am really curious about the results. Because there is definitely something wrong in/with my body. Sometimes I think doctors dont listen and dont help they just do there routine and thats it. My doctor told me yeah well just keep some glucose with you and everything will be fine.
I going to post the results tomorrow in the evening.

J

JayV

Banned
Awards
Hey thanks again, yes i bought a bloodsugar device I can check my bloodsugar on empty stomach and 2 hours after breakfast and I am really curious about the results. Because there is definitely something wrong in/with my body. Sometimes I think doctors dont listen and dont help they just do there routine and thats it. My doctor told me yeah well just keep some glucose with you and everything will be fine.
I going to post the results tomorrow in the evening.
Curious about your results.
Finding a good doctor can be tough for sure.

T

TheMachiine

Awards
So, it was this morning on empty stomach 60mg/dl and 3 hours after breakfast (100gr Reis, Whey, Banana, Apple) 57mg/ml?!?!

Are these devices exactly?

What do you think jay?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
A little low? A 37mg/dL blood glucose is a critical value at any hospital worldwide! Normal range is between 60-100.

Now Im insulin sensitive and will run low blood glucose normally and take a huge dive after consuming high glycemic carbs. It sounds like an insulin issue. I would also consider checking other glucose homeostatic hormones as well: cortisol, epinepherine, norepinepherine, and especially glucagon. There's an imbalance somewhere - get a lipid profile done too (HDL/LDL/TRIG/CHOL) to evaluate which organs are involved.

J

JayV

Banned
Awards
Sorry for the delayed response.
Those numbers are too low. You would want to be closer to about 80 on your fasting number in the a.m.
The numbers after 3 hours are too low as well. Fruit is sugary and can cause quite a response. I would be curious to see your numbers at 1 hour and 2 hours after the exact same meal.
I wonder if numbers are going fairly high(160 or higher) and then bottoming out on you. Try to limit your carbs and especially the higher glycemic ones.
Keep a log of your numbers and what you had eaten for your doctor.
Let me know how things are going.
Jay

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever had your cortisol tested? Low cortisol/adrenal problems can cause perpetual low blood sugar issues. No matter how many carbs you eat or how much food you eat you will still have low blood sugar if you have a cortisol deficiency.

A

Alpha Mind

Awards
37?

You need to speak to a doctor about that. I'd suggest finding someone to specialized in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. They'll be able to help you with your blood sugar and figure out what's up with your libido and mental state, rather than just put you on rx meds.