How's my boxing diet?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I am going to be doing ss and boxing.... Ss will be just alittle bit different... As in less squats... Becusse boxing is a leg workout to.....anyway I'm 183lbs now....probally 14-18%bf Want to cut down to 175 and 10-12%bf......

Meal 1
3 eggs
Handful of almonds/nut of some kind
Greek yogurt honey (23 carbs still 14protein)

Meal 2
6oz of chicken
Greek yogurt cup
Apple

Meal 3
6oz chicken or lean meat or shrimp etc
Apple or bannana

Meal 4 before bed
Greek yogurt
Natty pb

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
After my workouts which are 5 days a week.... I have a protein shake usually 30-60 grams of protein....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're going to need way, way more calories than that. Like about 1500 more per day.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to add I'm drinking a quart of milk a day also... Chocolate milk

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, you'll still need more calories and boxing is not a leg workout. It's great mobility and agility work, but not a leg workout. If anything, change your squats to the 50-60% range and do them explosively a la box squats or against bands.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good and I'll try and get them calories up... Maybe added red meat in place of chicken for dinner n up servings to 8oz...

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja, is correct. Working on legs is essential for boxing. Additionally, you need to adjust your diet for the type of training that you're engaged in. Preset calories seems logical, as you may be trying to come in at a target weight - BUT if you keep calories too low, you'll come in flat. I'd say stay around the 3000-4000 cal range, and even then that may be a bit too low, especially if you run daily, engage in mitt work, spar and lift. Just my 2 cents and good luck!

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ya I do all that.... I'll try and keep my calories up and go week by week...Thanks a lot guys.... And I am also a south paw haha

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I do all that.... I'll try and keep my calories up and go week by week...Thanks a lot guys.... And I am also a south paw haha
Good stuff. South paw too huh? Now no one will want to fight you lol.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Haha ya I heard that.... Lots don't like fighting south paws...

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
^^^ deff right about needing more cals, but I feel like all the yogurt and fruit you got going is alot of sugar(glucose), I'd maybe add alot more vegetables ( you can never have enough) and less carbs at night, protein, good fats, that way you wake up in a fasting state and can get after some cardio a few times a week to help cut down the body fat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ deff right about needing more cals, but I feel like all the yogurt and fruit you got going is alot of sugar(glucose), I'd maybe add alot more vegetables ( you can never have enough) and less carbs at night, protein, good fats, that way you wake up in a fasting state and can get after some cardio a few times a week to help cut down the body fat.
You do realize that all substrate converts to glucose, correct? With all of his activity, he's going to need the simple carbs from fruits for a quick source of fuel and to keep liver glycogen full.

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
True true, cutting out sugars really helped me in cutting but his boxing workouts are gonna be alot more fuel demanding, what about less sugar but more whole gains pre/ post to keep him goin cuz excess glucose is just gonna get stored

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True true, cutting out sugars really helped me in cutting but his boxing workouts are gonna be alot more fuel demanding, what about less sugar but more whole gains pre/ post to keep him goin cuz excess glucose is just gonna get stored
I am not a proponent of any grains in the diet. He can get all the fuel he needs from high fat and produce consumption.

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Heard that get after some peanut/ almond butter! And I feel the same if it has ingredients if can't be as good as something straight from animals/plants.

I suggested that cuz personally if I have rough back or leg day ahead of a bowl of rolled oats or wheat bran gives me some extra to last.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Hmm lots to think about now... Like the ease of downing a yogurt cup.... And no homo grabing a handful of nuts....vs cooking veggies or heating them back up... Veggies just don't taste good the day after.... Hahaha but I'll think bout it...