need to lower testosterone

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

need to lower testosterone

im 22 years old, my testosterone is 14 on a scale of 10-30, which includes people who are 100 years old and so on.

the mean for my age is 24 :/, my doctor wont treat me because im still within the 'norm'

however i am experiencing low test symptoms, weak erections, low libido, lethargy

im going for another test soon, how can i lower it to about 10/11 so he will put me on TRT? thanks

otherwise he said he cant do anything :/

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation Authority

Wouldn't a better question be.... How can you up your testosterone so you don't have to be on TRT?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Wouldn't a better question be.... How can you up your testosterone so you don't have to be on TRT?
    nope because ive been like this for years, tried squatting heavy and eating plenty of vegetables/lots of fat etc, nothing has worked so i believe my system needs kickstarting into gear if i am honest
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.05%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Maby up the intensity? Not directe at you, but I hate it when guys who dont even gunt in the gym complain about their problems. I GD scream.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.49%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

if you slept like 3 hours a night and drank every night for a week leading up to that test your test levels would probably be lower. I think thats dumb though
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

has to be the first time i have ever heard of someone wanting lower T?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

drink beer every night that will lower your T and raise your E..
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

Quote Originally Posted by jibba_128 View Post
    nope because ive been like this for years, tried squatting heavy and eating plenty of vegetables/lots of fat etc, nothing has worked so i believe my system needs kickstarting into gear if i am honest
    The easier way out is what most want, i can understand my friend. The path less traveled is for thy brave and courageous, TRT isn't something I would personally want and I would do absolutely everything to combat it. I would have to guess if you wanted to lower your test I agree with the others, don't sleep <5 hours a night, overtrain yourself, drink lots of beer and use chewing tobacco religiously, and pound the soy protein and tofu. That should definitely lower your T, have fun!
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    has to be the first time i have ever heard of someone wanting lower T?
    not me....

Jibba, try talking to the user here The Matrix. He won't help you out with lowering your testosterone but may suggest other tests. Your doctor won't put you on TRT for low testosterone because..... you don't have low testosterone. Sure it is lower than middle of the scale, but by itself that doesn't mean anything and outside of other hormone abnormalities shouldn't give you low tesosterone symptoms. From what that scale seems like, that would clock in around 500ng/dl on the US scale which is fine, as The Matrix would tell you from his medical practice there are pro athletes with that level.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

find a doc who treats symptoms....not numbers.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    not me....

Jibba, try talking to the user here The Matrix. He won't help you out with lowering your testosterone but may suggest other tests. Your doctor won't put you on TRT for low testosterone because..... you don't have low testosterone. Sure it is lower than middle of the scale, but by itself that doesn't mean anything and outside of other hormone abnormalities shouldn't give you low tesosterone symptoms. From what that scale seems like, that would clock in around 500ng/dl on the US scale which is fine, as The Matrix would tell you from his medical practice there are pro athletes with that level.
    its within the 5th percentile for my age, that to me is very low

and to the guy who suggested training harder in the gym, i shouldent have to train hard to have a good testosterone level, if its low while training then there is clearly something going on
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

not me....

and i have the symptoms of low test and have for years, why else do i have weak erections and a lagging libido, all my other tests are fine and im not depressed nor am i stressed....
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

its within the 5th percentile for my age, that to me is very low
    by my math, it should be higher than 5th percentile. But to you very low is just you judging on a number, those ranges are created by doctors over years working with thousands of patients. They know what is low or not better than you or I do.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

and i have the symptoms of low test and have for years, why else do i have weak erections and a lagging libido, all my other tests are fine and im not depressed nor am i stressed....
    you have a total testosterone number. You've said you don't have any other hormone tests. You can't say "all your other tests are fine" if you haven't done them.

There are tons of reasons for a low libido + weak erections, as MakaveliThaDon said, find a doctor who will treat your symptom and find the root cause, not just take one number by itself and determine your rest of life treatment based on that.
    This space for rent

15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

you have a total testosterone number. You've said you don't have any other hormone tests. You can't say "all your other tests are fine" if you haven't done them.

There are tons of reasons for a low libido + weak erections, as MakaveliThaDon said, find a doctor who will treat your symptom and find the root cause, not just take one number by itself and determine your rest of life treatment based on that.
    ive had a full blood test including kidney/liver function electrolytes diabetes and everything else bro
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

ive had a full blood test including kidney/liver function electrolytes diabetes and everything else bro
    What about estrogen, DHT, DHEA, free testosterone, etc? If you are talking about sexual health, its the sex hormones that count.
    This space for rent

17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

i cant show the link but the mean for my age is 24 with only 6 standard deviation and im 4 below the lowest result within this test on healthy males
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Age Number
    of
    Subjects Mean
    Total
    Test Stand.
    Dev. Median
    Total
    Test 5th % 10th % 95th %
    <25 125 23.97 5.48 24.15 14.15 16.22 33.12
    25-29 354 23.18 7.14 22.08 13.46 15.18 34.84
    30-34 330 21.53 6.72 20.70 12.07 13.46 33.81
    35-39 212 20.70 6.55 19.66 11.39 13.46 32.77
    40-44 148 20.70 6.87 20.70 11.04 13.11 32.43
    45-49 154 18.91 5.66 18.28 11.39 12.42 29.32
    50-54 164 18.87 6.49 17.94 10.01 12.07 32.43
    55-59 155 19.14 6.04 18.97 11.04 11.73 30.01
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.39%

Easy's right, you really can't tell by just that one reading. I am in practically the same boat as you being 21 years old with a test level in the low 400's and similar symptoms...My dad has a level over 550 and he is almost 30 years older then me, but I am still a decent athlete despite all of this...You're definitely going to have to look at other hormones like estrogen, prolactin, SHBG, and others like Easy mentioned or else you're just guessing. Stress can only hurt the situation too since your cortisol could also be sky high and effecting your energy levels and libido.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Quote Originally Posted by colange2 View Post
    Easy's right, you really can't tell by just that one reading. I am in practically the same boat as you being 21 years old with a test level in the low 400's and similar symptoms...My dad has a level over 550 and he is almost 30 years older then me, but I am still a decent athlete despite all of this...You're definitely going to have to look at other hormones like estrogen, prolactin, SHBG, and others like Easy mentioned or else you're just guessing. Stress can only hurt the situation too since your cortisol could also be sky high and effecting your energy levels and libido.
    So your just putting up with low libido and weak erections?My cortisol was fine
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

So your just putting up with low libido and weak erections?My cortisol was fine
    His point was that he's not obsessing over the number that came back as his testosterone level, and instead is looking at all the other potential causes, as people with that testosterone level can have libido, and can get decent erections. Its not like there is a specific precise number with everything else being perfect where your penis dies. And if there is anything like that as a number, it would be below bottom of normal range.
    This space for rent

22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

His point was that he's not obsessing over the number that came back as his testosterone level, and instead is looking at all the other potential causes, as people with that testosterone level can have libido, and can get decent erections. Its not like there is a specific precise number with everything else being perfect where your penis dies. And if there is anything like that as a number, it would be below bottom of normal range.
    Ah ok i see, im thinking it was test because my symptoms match low test down to a t basically lol but ill ask the lady to check my other levels aswell
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

To share something (and I can post the bloodwork) I have a blood test showing me at a 20 total testosterone (scale of 241-827), free testosterone nonmeasurable, LH and FSH below measurable as well. Estradiol at 37 (on range of 0-53) and the night before that blood test with no other androgens in system I got an erection and had sex. Low testosterone can cause that but sex and erections can happen with low testosterone as well.
    This space for rent

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.39%

Exactly, at first when I began to have weaker erections and less drive, I assumed it was only because my test levels were a little lower than other people my age but it really is so much more than that...Most of my personal problems seem to stem from stress since the more calm I am over the course of a few days, the more desire I have and better I feel overall.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%

If he won't treat you for TRT than do it yourself. 1cc a week of test-e or you can do 1 shot every other week since test-e stays in your body longer. Private TRT will deff bs cheaper too and you can always get checkups done by your doc thanks to health insurance lol
  26. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

First, he's 22, hasn't had thorough hormone panels. Investigate before treating.... He may have high estrogen and an AI will help. Or high prolactin.

Second, trt costs me $25 every 3 months, cheaper than I can do it with low grade underground lab gear.
    This space for rent

27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    First, he's 22, hasn't had thorough hormone panels. Investigate before treating.... He may have high estrogen and an AI will help. Or high prolactin.

Second, trt costs me $25 every 3 months, cheaper than I can do it with low grade underground lab gear.
    Oh wow I just noticed the age.. My bad bro. I was just saying cuz I know this one dude in my gym he's like 50-something years old and he told me he TRT's himself
  28. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

Yeah, if insurance doesn't cover it, a 10ml vial is $70-100 depending on pharmacy and you can get ugl for less than that.
    This space for rent

29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%

Yeah, if insurance doesn't cover it, a 10ml vial is $70-100 depending on pharmacy and you can get ugl for less than that.
    Haha 70-100 IF you don't have a source and you pay street price
  30. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

Haha 70-100 IF you don't have a source and you pay street price
    Peanuts from Chinese suppliers if you buy in moderate bulk.
    This space for rent

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%

Peanuts from Chinese suppliers if you buy in moderate bulk.
    Yeah I hear ya. I have a reliable source in Europe. The motherland lol
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%

lulz i pay 150 for my RX 10ml test cyp@ 200mg/ml

on the black market I could get it for 45 bucks@300mg/ml but i dont wanna do anything illegal
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    lulz i pay 150 for my RX 10ml test cyp@ 200mg/mlon the black market I could get it for 45 bucks@300mg/ml but i dont wanna do anything illegal
    Im in the uk bros
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Im in the uk bros
    Another thing bros, im very prone to getting throat ulcers aswell. I get bouts of them from time to time at the back of my throat
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

Maybe thyroid related? Were your thyroids tested? Maybe even a pituitary tumor? There's plenty of things possible, finding the real cause before jumping straight to trt (which may make the root cause harder to diagnose) is important for your long term health. You'll be alive more than 50 more years, a couple of months more of low libido while finding the real cause is worth it
    This space for rent

36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Maybe thyroid related? Were your thyroids tested? Maybe even a pituitary tumor? There's plenty of things possible, finding the real cause before jumping straight to trt (which may make the root cause harder to diagnose) is important for your long term health. You'll be alive more than 50 more years, a couple of months more of low libido while finding the real cause is worth it
    Had thyroid tested it was fine aswell
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Had thyroid tested it was fine aswell
    Bump
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

Bump
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.84%

Two bumps in five hours--you ARE worried about this.
    Try this--stop OVERTHINKING IT SO MUCH.
    Endocrine tests don't define you. Your problem is that you "believe" you have a condition (your words) and you want to trick some doctor into treating your beliefs.
    Ditch the beliefs, stop focusing so much on your "symptoms" and start focusing on living.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.2%

I hate ignorant people like you, ive dealt with these symptoms for 3 years, ive tried my best to improve my test and erection strength, NOTHING HAS QORKED, and my ignorant gp wont treat me because im in the norm of an 80 year old man, so unless youve been through the same i suggest u keep your opinions to yourself

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can getting hit in the testicles lower Testosterone???
    By 4evathrowed in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:17 PM
  2. How to lower your testosterone
    By Jaysannn22 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
  3. Does Massive Eating Lower Testosterone?
    By Quinc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
  4. testosterone lower then before treatment
    By Dutch Buster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM