Can too much caffeine be counter-productive?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Whats your take on too much caffeine ive read places that going the non-caffeine route can lead to better alertness, better quality sleep, and better overall well-being pretty much everything we tend to use caffeine for seems to work against us in the long run. Ive grown pretty tolerant to caffeine over the past couple years since using a lot of preworkout and drinking a ton of energy drinks it takes around 500mg of caffeine to really feel anything, ive always been pretty tired and its not tied to low test or not enough sleep but something else so i did some digging and my caffeine use seems to be the cuplrit.

Has anyone gone the none caffeine route before and if so how did it work out and how long after you stopped using caffeine were results seen and what did you see.

ive I mean im pretty sure most of what ive experienced over the years and most recently has been adrenal exhaustion ive read some pro atheltes who have eliminated caffeine from there diet and loved the results i say it can't hurt no more caffeine for me, hopefully i don't get withdrawl lol.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
For myself I will always ween myself off it for a little while and then start back up again. Give my body a reset/recomp period if you will. It has always helped me with my sensitivity to caffeine in general. If I were you I wouldn't quit cold turkey if your used to taking in ~500mg per day. I would back off slowly so you can limit any withdrawls like headaches, nausea, etc..

C

colange2

Awards
I agree with masterflex about tapering off of it...another interesting point about caffeine is that it can actually decrease insulin sensitivity, so overdoing it can be counter-productive in that regard...but I would definitely be more worried about the CNS fatigue like you said

T

trulordd

Awards
Most of the time the coffee is consumed faster than the body can distibute it and you are over run and you wont be alert and loose energy.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ive been off all stims and caffeine for a week now and feel better overall, more enrergy throughout the day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caffeine and coffee is like anything else, the dose and duration depicts the poison. Chronic abuse of caffeine, either through coffee, energy drinks, preworkout supps etc can lead to tons of problems. I use to have terrible stomach problems and was a chronic caffeine user, cut the energy drinks out for a few months and viola!! It all got better. Believe it or not, it's actually not that hard to live without your daily cup of joe or pick me up. ;)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I consume over 1gr a day in caffeine, I love my coffee, lol

For pre-workouts 300mg caffeine caps do me nice.

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
if your adrenals cannot handle it, then absolutely it is counter productive.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if your adrenals cannot handle it, then absolutely it is counter productive.
Adrenal fatigue is witchcraft medicine.

What you are talking about it are other issues.

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
I have a problem with lethargy. I used to take 600 mgs a day of caffeine. It got to the point where I don't really notice the effects. I cut it out completely, and started going the non-stim route. I actually feel better in the gym without it.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I consume over 1gr a day in caffeine, I love my coffee, lolFor pre-workouts 300mg caffeine caps do me nice.
Damn... I'd have the shakes like a crack head going through withdrawal at that consumption

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I feel a ton better without just in two weeks ive noticed improved sleep better focus in gym im less tired during the day really no lethargy to speak of and im not constantly yawning alllll the time, Stim-free life is nice.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn... I'd have the shakes like a crack head going through withdrawal at that consumption
Who said I dont walk around and shake like a crack head? lol