The fasting diet is for morons!!!

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

  1. Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!


  2. Hey Coors if I do Lean Gains will I look pathetic like this guy???
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   
       


  3. This is the same guy who started a thread 12 reasons why low carb diets suck or something spouting off tons of inaccurate opinions. He is some sort of dietary bigot. If not his diet it can't possibly work.

    Seems you just hate anything that isn't what you are doing. Calling everyone using an intermittent fasting protocol a moron is unnecessary and intentionally inflammatory. Same as your dig at low carb diets. Seems like any time someone doesn't share your diet plan you take it as a personal affront and attack to what you do. Then you attack that group or way of dieting. Yeah body building is work. Eating does not have to be. You do it your way and enjoy it. Just have a little more class and leave people doing something differently than you with OBVIOUS success alone. Calling everyone morons when half of what you say has no backing and none of it is based off of science is ironic to say the least.

    Didn't read any further than post 19, no need to. lol. Post #2 and #14 did all the debating anyone needs to. Anyone following an IF type diet should simply unsubscribe from the thread. He is not looking for debate. He is baiting you all into this argument and enjoying the frenzy that follows. Unsubbed...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  4. I'm staying subbed because I'm lonely...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  5. I'm staying SUB'd because I enjoy the CHAOS!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I'm staying SUB'd because I enjoy the CHAOS!!!
    I AM STAYING SUBBED BECAUSE IM FREAKIN STARVING.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  7. ^^^ I rest my case. He may not be jacked like Ronnie Coleman but IMO 9/10 guys would rather look like that than someone on the Olympia stage.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  8. im staying subbed because i love seeing people who post ridiculous opinions get proved wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    im staying subbed because i love seeing people who post ridiculous opinions get proved wrong
    Bears eat beets. Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  10. I know for a fact that when i started eating breakfast in the morning i never use to and didn't really clean up my diet alot i started losing weight.
    My parents don't eat until 2pm or so then around 6pm no breakfast or snacks and they are overweight.
    Im eating about 6x a day and losing fat.Its all about cals and types of food PERIOD!If you get off on starving yourself good for you.Now if you's don't mind think i'll eat again!!

  11. No offense, but didn't you make an identical thread to this one about high fat diets only to recant your statement after having tried it out?

    From what it appears, this does seem to be a really great diet for the average, natural bb to follow for fat loss or lean bulking. I will say though that the diet is ass for AAS users since your MPS is consistently high due to the high levels of anabolics, so it is definitely suboptimal to only feed for 8 hours on AAS as, guess what, you only grow for those 8 hours with a little residual growth thereafter from the very minimal protein that's still digesting.

    Personally, I don't do any AAS, but I can't stand this diet because it makes my stomach feel very stuffed and distended, so I stick with my 5-6 meals/day.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    I know for a fact that when i started eating breakfast in the morning i never use to and didn't really clean up my diet alot i started losing weight.
    My parents don't eat until 2pm or so then around 6pm no breakfast or snacks and they are overweight.
    Im eating about 6x a day and losing fat.Its all about cals and types of food PERIOD!If you get off on starving yourself good for you.Now if you's don't mind think i'll eat again!!
    cleaning up your diet a little can have big impact, and if you started off pretty fat eating breakfast could have helped motivate you to be more active.

    and anyone can eat more calories than they burn, whether they eat 2 meals a day or 8, and whether its in 4 hours or 16

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Bears eat beets. Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica
    Perfect logic!
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  14. I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

    As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    You are making a lot of generalized statements based on no actual experience.

    You have a very impressive physique, but there is no saying you could not have gotten into that condition, or built/maintained that, implementing these principles.

    I must admit a year ago I might have had similar views, albeit I would have stated them in a more tactful manner. However after trying it myself, as I am always willing to experiment, and try new things I can say the results are surprising. I have dieted down, every which way, worked with some of the top nutritionists/prep guys, and I can say I am in my best shape now, and holding onto mass/strength as good as ever, and actually am stronger then ever WHILE dieting.

    Bottom line is there are MANY ways from point A-B. Aceto, Palumbo, Starnes, Skip, etc all get people peeled, and have VERY different approaches. I remember when some of their methods were looked at as "outlandish" and now they seem more common place.

    It is all a matter of perspective. Just because you believe it is stupid, or not the best way, doesn't make it so. Like I said, a year ago, I would have probably said the same.

    IF you have an opinion on it, fine. But approach it with a little respect. This whole "I am big, so I know best" or "I am bigger then you which means I know more" attitude is weak my man.

    One thing I have learned in this game is to be a little open minded. There are MANY things I try for myself, for no other reason then to experiment. If for nothing else, I know the ins-and outs of this diet, and can make it work, and work well for someone else that it may fit the bill for.

  16. Well, at least we can agree on the scientifically proven fact that anyone saying you need to get 2g of protein per pound to grow is a moron :-)

  17. In regards to what Imprezivr6 said, in long conversations with Hugo Rivera (who has a really spectacular physique) one of the things I really learned to respect in him was his openness to try things. He did plenty of stupid dietary attempts, and regardless of what he thought or what results he got short term, he stuck with them for the 4,6,8 weeks he had planned, to get a more objective look at how it affected his physique and training. The best story easyejl when he tried doing an as close to zero fat intake as possible. By the end of the second week he started having some skin issues. By the end of the third he easyejl seeing hair shedding. By the end of the fourth, his fingernails were getting brittle and cracking. But he meticulously followed the plan, and logged every meal precisely, bodyweight, bodyfat, etc.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

    As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really

    is.
    I mentioned that i ate fried chicken and pizza and still leaned out. Its my fault you got the wrong idea. I've done alot of strict dieting in the past, so i found it extra refreshing to be able to be more lax and still get as good/better [ than a regular frequent meal scheme) results which created the environment for easy adherence and even enjoyment. i feel like i can stay on this diet indefinitely. and i am not the only one. i don't feel like im restricting myself even on my fast day ( I do alternate day fasting now ). I did not feel like i could stay on UD 2.0 for forever. several weeks of back to back depletion days + 1300 cals/d SUCKS. but the diet works.

    Aside from the fact that I like IF because i get better results than typical diets + its foolproof. I don't count have to go through trial and error figuring out optimal amounts of calories to slowly lose fat and maintain muscle - THAT IS SLOWW. its very simple : eat ALOT one day, eat almost nothing the next day. i lose fat one day, and gain muscle on the other day. I don't eat icecream or go too crazy on the cals, but it's really hard to mess the diet up.

    Your argument that 6 meals a day is better is the equivalent of saying '' yall are lazy cause you drive your car to work. I WALK cause THAT takes discipline.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    So within an 8 hr time frame your cramming in around 2-3000 calories? Yea, ok, good luck with that. Sure your getting leaner, catabolic wise too!!!

    And yes, I carry my meals with me to work and some other places I go, its called discipline.
    But apparently not disciplined enough to read all of the posted studies that are contrary to your belief that prove its effectiveness.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    quick question....if u say ur insulin sensitivity is messed up if you get hungry every 3 hours or so, how do you correct it? cuz thats how I am and thats why I am reluctant to try lean gains because i hate starving lol, i love hte idea of the huge PWO meals and what not but not starving, I need to be ale to focus at school this upcomin semester
    You get used to it after awhile. It took me a couple weeks to even be able to eat that much for my first meal and to get over the moments of intense hunger while in the longer stretches of the fasting period. It gets better and easier as it goes though. I'm in school too and it actually helps me fast because I'm not as tempted to eat when I'm away from the house and busy doing other things.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    It doesn't have to be exactly 16 hours, that was just the optimal time but you can adjust it to meet your own needs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I'm not talking about pros. Average bodybuilders including natties have yet to accept this diet in the competitive realm of amateur bodybuilding.
    I never even brought up cutler.
    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Need I list members who compete that are on it:
    DreamWeaver - 51 y/o and in better shape then you...
    MrKleen73 - 210 pounds and 6% BF at 5'8"
    Me - 212 pounds though I am not as muscular as you
    Rick -
    I can keep going.

    ...
    I'm another one. I did this diet for my last competition and all the judges (that remembered me) said that my conditioning was better this time then in my previous competition.

    It works. It still takes discipline but it also adds a sense of leniency in dieting food selection. You still needs attention to macro's for optimal results, it's not a free-for-all pig out but I have come to love how this diet is effective and dynamic. I have lost NO strength and have actually hit a couple PR's on this diet in the last few months. My only suggestion I would have is to put it to the test. Read up on the science behind it and then try it for yourself.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    quick question....if u say ur insulin sensitivity is messed up if you get hungry every 3 hours or so, how do you correct it? cuz thats how I am and thats why I am reluctant to try lean gains because i hate starving lol, i love hte idea of the huge PWO meals and what not but not starving, I need to be ale to focus at school this upcomin semester
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here, but it sounds like you are possibly hypoglycemic??? Most hypoglycemia is reactive hypo. Your blood sugar is fine on it's own, it's when you start introducing food to your system that you run into a problem. My glucose levels are steady on IF (moreso than ever), and I also experienced some additional benefits, like the complete dissappearance of psoriosis. To be clear I'm not reccomending IF as a cure for insulin related problems, just sharing my results. It's worth it to try it out and monitor yourself...you may be surprised.

    As far as "starving", the first couple days are tough but ghrelin levels decrease after the initial first day or two and things start getting a bit easier. Stims can help also, but the biggest motivator will be the result you see.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    All diet discipline is "easier said than done."
    Rodj lean gains .. "for me" is very easy and I am getting stupid lean and staying over 200 lbs by the way... I know it's the same for others. I do agree that you're plan for your body type makes a lot of sense but for me it's a disaster. I used to damn near kill myself to get lean and now I am having a party.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

    As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    First thanks for the apology but still there are so many things that you don't understand about this diet and how we adapt to fasting. You say 16 hours fasting will make us weaker, dead wrong (for me that is) I am stronger at 14 hours fasted than I am at an other time of the day.

    Sure we eat some foods with high calorie density (and still get leaner) but 80% - 90% of what I eat is good sensible and well balanced to my particular specifications.

    This is the way I was born to eat because my metabolism has not evolved. I have to eat the way our primitive ancestors ate. It really works and I mean body type changing. I am no longer an endo type and am now capable of things I never have been. I have to go get ready for my fav workout of the week my Saturday morning fasted workout.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  23. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

    As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    Well lets put it this way. I am a big guy. When I first got back into the game I ate every three hours and yes I GOT RESULTS. Now that I am using the lean gains diet after doing my research. I have seen a change in my body personally. A lot more muscle definition than I had before. And the fat is coming off quicker. So this diet can be used with great results no matter what your body type in my opinion. And like you I also carry my meals with me. Tell you what. You say you want to get a smaller waist line, bigger here and bigger there. Why don't you actually try the diet and see what type of results you will get. I bet you will be more surprised than anything. And probably get in better shape then you have ever been in your life and have less stress. Not many people who work for a living have the chance to stop and eat every 2-3 hours during the day. Not many people even eat breakfast and there first meal is lunch so this diet would work great for there life style. How many hours a day do you eat currently?
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    First thanks for the apology but still there are so many things that you don't understand about this diet and how we adapt to fasting. You say 16 hours fasting will make us weaker, dead wrong (for me that is) I am stronger at 14 hours fasted than I am at an other time of the day.

    Sure we eat some foods with high calorie density (and still get leaner) but 80% - 90% of what I eat is good sensible and well balanced to my particular specifications.

    This is the way I was born to eat because my metabolism has not evolved. I have to eat the way our primitive ancestors ate. It really works and I mean body type changing. I am no longer an endo type and am now capable of things I never have been. I have to go get ready for my fav workout of the week my Saturday morning fasted workout.
    ^^^^^^ GOOD POST

    Also, I don't feel like garbage during my fast as Coors mentioned...quite the opposite. If you know what happens to the body during a fast, you know why you will feel more energtic and happy during that period. As I said the first couple days are hard, but once I got into it I loved it. My last couple hours fasted are usually the best I feel all day.

    I wish I believed that eating breakfast would help me stay lean. If I did I would eat it. Breakfast foods have always been a favorite to me, but I include them in my post workout meals now. Whole wheat english muffin...with eggs, canadian bacon, and cheese...and it tastes so much better after a 16 hr fast!

    My problem with the small 6 meal approach has always been coming home at night and wanting to eat everything in the house. It was always a daily struggle for me to keep my calorie count down. Fasting for 16 hrs isn't that hard for me. Eating a meal and stopping eating before I want to/before Im full sucks, and doing it 6 times every day is torture. Now I get to eat at night the way I want to and I get better results than I ever did at 6 meals/day.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post

    I wish I believed that eating breakfast would help me stay lean. If I did I would eat it. Breakfast foods have always been a favorite to me, but I include them in my post workout meals now. Whole wheat english muffin...with eggs, canadian bacon, and cheese...and it tastes so much better after a 16 hr fast!
    Well, you do "break-fast" it is just later in the day.

    Also while not the exact same as this, Layne Norton believes larger less frequent meals are beneficial to muscle building/protein synthesis. IIRC he recommends 4 meals or so, so realistically this isn't that far a stretch from that.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 10:08 PM
  2. Are you kidding me??? (More synthol morons)
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Velocity diet vs Intermittent/Alternating Day Fasting
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
  4. Morons paid the price
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
  5. Fasting
    By Whiskey Steve in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Log in
Log in